Super Smash Bros.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The liscensing rights for amiibo figures must be a nightmare to secure, so I can see why production has slowed. I'm honestly kind of amazed SE let Nintendo make two Cloud ones in the first place, seeing as how they were so stingy with him.

We'll see more of Sephiroth in a week during a Sakurai presents, hopefully Square will be more cooperative this time and we'll get a lot FFVII music and spirits added in, though I have my doubts.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
That is ridiculously funny. I can’t believe that worked! It’ll work until Nintendo goes for it, given their recently proven hard-ass nature, ha.

I don’t know what it is about Smash character announcements, they never fail to get my adrenaline absolutely running like mad - whether it’s a good or bad character pick, my reaction is always through the roof. Even on the seventy-fifth time (or however many we’re at now)

But I haven’t felt this way since Cloud was originally announced.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've literally given zero fucks about Smash this gen until like now :wacky:. I played the Switch version for like a week and then just...moved on.

Not anymore :monster:

This will distract and amuse me for awhile. My poor Switch needs the attention anyways.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Smash is a truly special game in the video game world. There has yet been anything to ever surpass the amount of hype I had as a child seeing that "Imagine Me and You" trailer on TV. Every new character announcement really takes me back to that memory.

The only thing that keeps me from playing it a lot is that it's the kind of game I get rusty at very quick. Now with all these new characters, the idea of committing all their movesets to muscle memory is really daunting =P

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Shirtless alt render:
qOTjXDp.png

I eagerly await to see if he has nipples lol

Also here's his default render:
64TxgoC.png

EDIT:
He also got added to the banner with all the characters on the smash ultimate site:
Capturew.PNG

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
If Cloud in Smash was a celebration of the OG, then Sephiroth looks to be a celebration of AC, judging from that reveal trailer haha

Two awards and a Smash reveal. FF7 kinda stole the show tonight. Love it.

If I had to guess, we'll get OWA and Birth of A God if they only do two songs again. Maybe J.E.N.O.V.A too if we're lucky

The Persona series got 11 battle tracks added, so hopefully we get a ton more than two for VII.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Cloud in Smash was a celebration of the OG, then Sephiroth looks to be a celebration of AC, judging from that reveal trailer haha
It makes sense to do that with Sephiroth, since pretty much all of his memorable fight cooriagraphy comes from the film, and it probably just makes justifying a second FF7 rep easier. His actual in-game stuff seems balanced around both though; he has reflect and explosion (fire?) Materia as moves, and it seems like heartless angel is one of his moves too. His stage is also based on the end of ff7.

I get the feeling Sephiroth's inclusion is somewhat to make up for how bare bones Cloud's is. After watching the trailer a dozen times, it clicked that they must be working very closely with Square on this one, Cloud couldn't so much as appear in a cutscene before now. I at least hope more music and Spirits will come along with Sephiroth than came with Cloud.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Shirtless alt render:
qOTjXDp.png

I eagerly await to see if he has nipples lol

Also here's his default render:
64TxgoC.png

EDIT:
He also got added to the banner with all the characters on the smash ultimate site:
View attachment 8568
From the looks of it, it doesn't look like he's got nipnops. (And, I think Nintendo would censor his nips anyways.) :monster:

For the 2nd time in my life, I'm actually interested in Smash again. I probably won't pick it up, but I will keep an eagle eye out for Sephiroth's Amiibos to add to my collection. :wacky:

Top Bottom