To be continued...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Trivia:
A Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 2 had been considered by Square in early 2001. For some reason, the project was either scrapped or never started development at all.

Citation needed.:monster:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=67.msg1885#msg1885 date=1229165503]
Trivia:
A Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 2 had been considered by Square in early 2001. For some reason, the project was either scrapped or never started development at all.

[/quote]

It's up there, the wiki link, lol.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=Kuraudo link=topic=67.msg1899#msg1899 date=1229179345]
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=67.msg1885#msg1885 date=1229165503]
Trivia:

[/quote]

It's up there, the wiki link, lol.
[/quote]

The wiki link IS the one in need of a citation. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=67.msg1884#msg1884 date=1229165463]
I'd only get a PS3 for MGS 4, ergo, I won't get a PS3 'cause it's insanely expensive compared to the competition, :monster:.
[/quote]

eh...399 isn't that much more than a real Xbox. (Why anyone would bother with the hard drive-less one I don't quite understand)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg1947#msg1947 date=1229212320](Why anyone would bother with the hard drive-less one I don't quite understand)
[/quote]
I assume those are the £129 ones that get advertised all the time, then. Thought it sounded too good :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg1947#msg1947 date=1229212320]
eh...399 isn't that much more than a real Xbox. (Why anyone would bother with the hard drive-less one I don't quite understand)
[/quote]

Because there are far superior drives you can put into the system for far less than the cost of the system + drive?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=67.msg690#msg690 date=1228482128]The director mentioned before how they originally had 'to be continued... on PlayStation 3', until Nomura came and shouted at them to take it off :monster:

I thought it was more a jokey reference to playing the original.
[/quote]

WIN :monster:

I think Tabata is a phanboi who really really wants a remake as well. Didn't he say that was the direction he took with CC? To be a big, "Remake it already!" message? lol

And then Kitase was all like, "I don't want to make it. You make it," in an interview. XD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=67.msg1955#msg1955 date=1229215200]
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg1947#msg1947 date=1229212320]
[/quote]

Because there are far superior drives you can put into the system for far less than the cost of the system + drive?
[/quote]

Ver'lyeh, replacing a hard drive is both easy and cheap, just as long as the 'box supports it. Hard drives cost nothing these days, and paying $100 or something extra for a 40 GB hard drive is madness. And no, not spartaaa.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I bought a 750 GB external hardrive for $88.88 the day after Thanksgiving. :monster:

I haven't had to use it yet but my 250 GB (that I payed $70 for a few years ago the day after TG) is almost full.

Not that that has anything to do with Xbox but I felt like it was a good time to share.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Externals are more expensive than regular internals as well, so go figure. You can get 80 GB hard drives starting at €30, and 1 TB ones (1000 GB) at €83,-. That's probably even cheaper in the US, with import and transport and Everything Being Far More Expensive Over Here and whatnot.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That was my point. Why pay $100 for a 40 GB internal drive when internal drives are cheaper and you can get insanely large external drives for even less. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Why pay anything at all while you can write loads of ones and zeroes on some loose scraps of paper instead, :monster:.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
All information in a computer is processed as a sequence of ones and zeroes, or binary code. You count from zero to nine, computers count from zero to one. This information can also be stored on, for example, hard drives, in the same format of ones and zeroes. On a hard drive, the info is stored in a magnetic form, basically loads of tiny magnets being aligned one way or the other - one way representing a zero, the other representing a one. CD's and DVD's store their ones and zeroes through tiny bumps and stuffs. The analogy with paper is that you could theoretically store data by writing it down on a piece of paper, instead of magnetic data.

[/explain]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh, yes, I know about the binary code. My brain just wasn't working at the moment. lol

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I actually didn't know you could put any hard drive in the $200 xbox. I retract my statement then. Because yes, they're very cheap. My "20GB" PS3 currently has a 360GB HDD...more than my desktop.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=67.msg2250#msg2250 date=1229383697]
I actually didn't know you could put any hard drive in the $200 xbox.
[/quote]

I actually don't know for sure either, it'll work fine in a PC, but Microsoft might've put in protection of sort, so that version X of the xbox can only use Y amount of hard drive space.

A quick Google search shows this, from the first page I gather it's not a matter of just replacing it, but it'll also involve installing stuff or something - cba to read it all, but it should be possible in any case.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, my roommate and I just looked it up, while it CAN be done, it's a pain in the ass and I STILL think you'd be better off buying a normal 360. In which case, the PS3 really isn't THAT expensive comparatively. (Considering you can put ANY laptop HDD in effortlessly)

ANYWAY, in and effort to be kinda slightly on topic, I haven't seen the ending in awhile, did anyone happen to notice how Cloud sheathes the Buster Sword at the end? Blade up or down?

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
I personally would LOVE SE to remade original FFVII!

Think of it - such a great game, but with better graphics and storyline (I bet it would be clear enough for some ppl "who loves who" in the end).

Id buy this game most def.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=67.msg2457#msg2457 date=1229531305]
It's blade down, like he originally held it in FFVII.
[/quote]

Why is this? Why did they decide to make them each hold it in a different way?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=67.msg2457#msg2457 date=1229531305]
It's blade down, like he originally held it in FFVII.
[/quote]

No, Cloud holds it blade up in FF7...at least in battle and all the art. I'm not sure about when they showed it in normal game graphics.

http://www.freewebs.com/legendnintendo/Cloud_strife.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Cloud_Strife_art.jpg

It almost bugs me the way Zack holds it. Because as you can even see in the game, he has to turn it around when he draws it. The way Cloud holds it allows him to pull it and slash with one motion.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well either way the blade is up:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CYlPkhpq8dk"]YouTube - Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII-English Secret Ending Cloud[/ame]

When in doubt, search YouTube. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Y'know, is it just me, or does that music make anyone else want to addend 'And I'm the Batman' to the end of Cloud's speech there?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I said blade down? I meant blade up :monster:

I just knew it was consistent with the way Cloud held it in FFVII.

And I totally agree Forcestealer, I have no idea why Zack held it blade down. I guess it's just a quirk of his or something.

@Ryushikaze

More like..."And I'm the Zack-man" amirite? :monster:

Top Bottom