Awesome Openings.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
In order to the contend the topic of this thread, post the titles of games you believe to have amazing intros.

I thought the intros for FF VIII and Resident Evil 2 were pretty ace.

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
The intro for FFVIII was, indeed, ace. And of course the intro to MGS3...

Last edited:
I dont get why so many people love FFVIII's opening. The song's not that great imo, and I dont like how they showed clips from stuff that was going to happen, and the text was stupid. "I'll be waiting here. So if you come here. You'll find me." well no shit.
I did like the fight between Seifer and Squall tho.

For my choice? I honestly dont know. I'm sure there's at least one that just blew my mind, but my memories shit right now. I can only think of Infamous cause it's the most recent game I played, and the sudden explosion from the start sceen blew me back

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I dont get why so many people love FFVIII's opening. The song's not that great imo, and I dont like how they showed clips from stuff that was going to happen, and the text was stupid. "I'll be waiting here. So if you come here. You'll find me." well no shit.
I did like the fight between Seifer and Squall tho.

The music itself is ok, but it only has real punch when coupled with the visuals. The operatic nature of the opening and the direction of the scene overall is quite appealing.

For my choice? I honestly dont know. I'm sure there's at least one that just blew my mind, but my memories shit right now. I can only think of Infamous cause it's the most recent game I played, and the sudden explosion from the start sceen blew me back

Infamous has an awesome opening. The bit where you run through the city falling apart is incredible.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Ironically, while Legacy of Kain has the worst endings, it has awesome intros. Soul Reaver 2 kinda cheated on that though, because Soul Reaver 2'd ending FMV is just a remade, PS2 version of Soul Reaver 1's PS1 ending.

XII's opening was also epic, and FF4 DS.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Onimusha 3
That shit was beyond epic, rly.

Also agree with FFVIII and basically all of the LoK games. The first one was pretty kickass, even, and that was waaaaaay back in the day. FUCK I love that series <3

The openings for DMC1, 3, and 4 were all really good, and the ones for MGS1-3, too. And if you can count Makai Kingdom (through the end of the first battle, which is right after you start, really), then that, too. lolurbooknao

And for a fighting game, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance had a pretty good opening.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Silent Hill 4 had a great intro, it was appropriately creepy and unnerving.

I wish the rest of the game had the same feel.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Ooh, and I forgot Viewtiful Joe. That was awesome.

And it's even good with the shit-ton of extra characters. lolbackwardsspeak

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
DMC4's intro with the chick singing bored me.

It should have just started with the chapel scene and Dante capping that stupid old fart :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The bit with him fighting one-handed was pretty kickass, tho. And that was a looonog cinematic :D

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I almost said that, then I realized that I hated the opening gameplay part :monster:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Adding some moar PS1 intros:

:awesome:

I love the first Oddworld, and IMO, the intro not only gets straight to the circumstances and point of the story, it immediately conveys the bizarre and at times creepy ambience of the game. Abe and his narration is cute, too.

And one that's short and sweet, but nostalgic for me--

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Meh...I didn't much care for the O2 opening. I liked the art style for the backgrounds when the side characters are introduced, but the rest isn't so great, imo. Though that sort of explains my feelings for the entire second game, barring Gogandantess, who is one bad motherfucker.

O3 was absolutely epic in every way possible, however.

Will search for Dawn of Dreams opening now.

Killer Tofu

Killing in the Name Of
AKA
Canada
I agree that the opening to FFVIII was incredible. But I also really, really loved the opening to the first Kingdom Hearts. The song, the video sequences...it was perfect for what the game was.

Top Bottom