Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Light: The enemy is near... Be careful. Hey, show yourself!
Cloud: You're being attacked, shouldn't you stay closer to the Sanctuary? If the Goddess of Harmony is defeated, your existence will be erased.
Light: I don't need concern from the enemy. Mind your own business.
Golbez: It's quite unusual to see you concerned, Cloud. Did some enemy pique your interest?
Cloud: It's none of your business. If you came to help, then shut up and fight, Golbez.
*Insert battle here*
Golbez: They've just awakened, no wonder they're like that. It was a nice warm-up. I'll take my leave now.
Cloud: You've fought other guys, haven't you? They haven't shown their true power yet as well. You'll get in trouble, if you underestimate them. And... your comrades...
Light: What's with our comrades?
Cloud: No, it's nothing. The real battle is still ahead. You better be ready.
WoL: Finally the Chaos presence disappeared. It seems we managed to drive them away.

So, who thought there was mention of Tifa there? XD *ups the thread*

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
heh maybe XD

I am curious to see if Tifa has anything to do with Cloud going good... I'm not getting my hopes up though because chances are we won't even get to see what makes him switch.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I wouldn't be surprised if that was talking about Tifa.

I actually don't get why people think Tifa should have her own story. If people want that then SE would have to kick Cloud out of the game, imho.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I can pretty much guarantee that whatever brings Cloud to the Cosmos side will somehow be able to go both ways toward Clerith or Cloti... or neither...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Eerie: Aww, that's too bad. *polishes PSP* :awesome:

But either way, I think it's kind of obvious that as far as Dissida goes characters from the same game will have dealings with each other in their own stories.

I mean, the addition of Yuna seems to be for the benefit of Tidus and Jecht's story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kain has a lot to do with Cecil. Doesn't Cecil even talk about him in the first game?

We still haven't been shown much of Vaan with Gabranth other than them fighting each other in a battle, but Gabranth
did kill his brother
so I wouldn't be surprised if there is something there.

But yeah I just think it's obvious that Tifa was added to be part of Cloud and Sephiroth's story. Otherwise, why would they bother putting her in there?

@Quex: Eh, I wouldn't even bring the LTD into it. :P

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I can pretty much guarantee that whatever brings Cloud to the Cosmos side will somehow be able to go both ways toward Clerith or Cloti...
...because SE is so worried about this now. You can tell by the fact that they keep talking about how Cloud and Tifa banged under the Highwind. Pfft.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You know what I mean... I mean if like Cloud sees Tifa get wounded and switch sides someone might say "It just reminded him of Aerith!" or something... not that it could actually GO both ways...

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Kind of on a tangent, I love when C/Aers bring that particular point up.

Mostly because, historically, Cloud's shit with feeling inadequate and failing to save someone begin with the first girl he has a crush on -- Tifa. Tifa ends up in a coma whereas Cloud ends up skinning his knees and feeling guilty and useless. She is the girl he's always wanting to save. I do not mean he doesn't care for Aeris, just that symbolically, Cloud is Tifa's hero and his role as a protector is ultimately tied to the "showgirl". It is this desire and Cloud's failure the game repeatedly highlights, until the end where it comes full circle.

Even though he is Aeris' temporary bodyguard, he receives no validation and this little arc only comes to its end through Tifa, not Aeris. It begins and ends with her dangling from the rocks.

It's significant that they have Cloud catch Tifa at the end, even though Tifa technically says that Cloud did keep his promise back at Nibelheim when she was gutted by Seph. They could have left it at that. But it's important that he catches her again, for Cloud's own personal journey and closure and to establish the role they play in each other's life.

....anyway, I'm rambling and I'm prolly not explaining this well, but I cba now cause I'm ill and my eyes hurt and I'm at work. Feel free to add/subtract. LOL

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I've always thought that the (one of the many) theme of FFVII was "what it truly means to be a hero?". We have it from a child's perspective, who wants to use it to be a celebrity, to be noticed, because he thinks that everyone would love the hero. We have it from a little girl's, who finds the notion of a hero equally romantic and voices her desire to be saved once from such a person.

Then, we have ZaCloud, the one who plays it too-cool-for-school, believing that this is what an idol/hero is acting like, even though he fails to keep the front many times and not just because of his schizophrenia. He is confident to a fault and wants to believe others are lower than him.

Then, Aerith enters the picture, someone who believes in the noble hero even though she's 22 years young and asks for one. The ever foolish ZaCloud accepts because that's what a hero does, right?

Then, her death. A failure. A true hero wouldn't let this happen, no. He'd save her. Surely, someone who let that is not a hero, right? Add to that the lies of the past and we have a case from hero to zero. So, if playing cool is not what makes a hero, if Cloud letting Aerith be killed in front of his eyes is definitely not something heroic, if he fails in everything he tries to accomplish (save Tifa from the fall, SOLDIER, Aerith, keep the Black Materia from the hands of the psychotic bishie), if being a SOLDIER means being a monster, then what the hell IS a hero?

Enter Tifa and her indicating Cloud learning: from his mistakes, from his past. He learned to save her from a fall. He learned to care. He learned to go on, even after a failure. He learned what a hero is. And he managed to turn his failures into successes through her: she fell as a child, she was saved as an adult. He lost himself into a lie, he found the truth through her.

I could go on, but I guess that's enough. :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
10roaiw.jpg

looks pretty cool

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I thought for sure she was going to say "Not until he gets an erection."... i dunno why but...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've seen it, and pretty much only see what people post here, so it must have been here some time in the past.

on-topic-kinda: in 'Dissidia Duodecim Prologus', the way to unlock playable Cloud is to defeat Tifa at stage 21 or above in the arcade mode (I don't remember if it was normal or hard difficulty).

Because any reference linking two characters together means they love each other :awesome:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
So... apparently, in Duodecim, while Tifa has her own story, Cloud turns against Chaos when she is targeted.

>)

Sooo... whom exactly did you want to "meet" in the 13th cycle, dear Cloud? Har, har...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I heard that Cloud prays to Cosmos to protect Tifa in the new Dissidia... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I heard that game only just came out 2 days ago in a language most people don't speak and it probably too early to be posting potential spoilers about.

:awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sorry Hito, I didn't know you checked here... but why was my post edited and not Tea-chans?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cloud's final moments are thinking of Tifa and how he wants her safe D: I find this adorable

Top Bottom