TLS Community Playthrough 2017 - Nominations

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I have updated the first page of this post to include all official nominations as well as a + counter for people who have officially given their support. These numbers are not the final determining factor, it is just meant to help you keep track of how the crowd is feeling about a certain entry.

Current Nominations
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX +4
Final Fantasy X +1
Final Fantasy XII +3
Final Fantasy XIV +3
Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy Tactics +1
Dirge of Cerberus

Chrono Cross
The Last Of Us

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
9, 10, 12, TACTICS, all good.

therefore I nominate

Chrono Cross

*mic drop*
Chrono Cross would be sweet. The Chrono Trigger playthrough you ran is probably my favourite so far.

FFV was also fun last year – I guess I prefer playing games I don't know so well. With that in mind, I'll nominate FFX-2. :monster: I have a feeling I'll like the game once I get over my initial repulsion, and this event would give me the motivation to do exactly that. I think my first choice would be FF Tactics, though, which has already been nominated.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
yeah tbh I have the ITCH to play cross and tactics again and it's only a matter of time before I do it anyway

although they both use my two favorite literary devices ever so there's that

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I started Chrono Cross over a year ago, got curbstomped by a boss a couple times and I haven't been back to it, haha.

(And I'm fine with us sticking to FF or FF-related. But if we were to break from that, the OTHER game I would enjoy running myself is Xenosaga Episode I :monster:)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
XIV is def one that I have been meaning to try.

Zodiac Age comes out this year so we should all do a mass playthrough when that happens.

If we all do XV again I vote New Game + story only and wear the hazard suits through the entire thing, even the dramatic bits. :monster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
If we do FFXIV I'll do it with you guys.

I've got way too many games to finish for anything else thouh. ^^;

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I started Chrono Cross over a year ago, got curbstomped by a boss a couple times and I haven't been back to it, haha.

(And I'm fine with us sticking to FF or FF-related. But if we were to break from that, the OTHER game I would enjoy running myself is Xenosaga Episode I :monster:)
which one?

also xenosaga ohhhhhhhhhh erection what a great game

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Current Nominations
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX +4
Final Fantasy X +1
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII +3
Final Fantasy XIV +5
Final Fantasy XV +1

Final Fantasy Tactics +2
Dirge of Cerberus +1

Chrono Cross
The Last Of Us
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht

ForceStealer

Double Growth

which one?

Well that town where you can recruit several different part members. I understand that the boss is determined by the path you take? And apparently I took one of the hardest. I was climbing a cliff dodging boulders when a flying bird thing wrecked me.

And I knew I could count on you for Xenosaga love :monster:
@JT: Nice work on the subtitle, are you familiar with the game or just being thorough?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Played it quite a bit and watched the movie version of all the cutscenes because I never finished (came on a DVD and everything.) It's a great, very unique game.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

which one?

Well that town where you can recruit several different part members. I understand that the boss is determined by the path you take? And apparently I took one of the hardest. I was climbing a cliff dodging boulders when a flying bird thing wrecked me.

And I knew I could count on you for Xenosaga love :monster:
Ahhhh the uhhhh...shit what's he called. King-something-or other. You're supposed to focus him down instead of his two (I think?) henchmen first, or he uses this crazy strong Black spell that has instant death status on it sometimes. Also don't be afraid to run from the fight and heal :D

Xenosaga is my shit; it's the METAL GEAR?! of rpgs - utterly confusing but with lots of cool cutscenes and dialogue in between every 5 minutes of gameplay :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Non-FF I would like to echo whoever nominated TLOU.

I quite like the idea of a quick XV run via New Game +

FF Tactics

VII (because if we do get some surprise news blowout on 31st Jan, it could keep excitement flowing for another playthrough of it, or even maybe some set challenges / stipulations of everyone being drawn some random characters or materia combinations that they must use per chapter).

Lex

Administrator
Omg if VII gets picked again I swear. That'll be the third time it's been a community playthrough since they started and like the 9th time I've played it solely for TLS purposes. I'm so against it as a choice for the community playthrough XD.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I wouldn't panic just yet Lex ... I'm the only one who nominated it (and I did so specifically because no one else had, lol :P )

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Okay today is the last call for any new nominations!

Current Nominations
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX +4
Final Fantasy X +1
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII +3
Final Fantasy XIV +5
Final Fantasy XV +1

Final Fantasy Tactics +2