TLS Community Playthrough 2017 - Nominations

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Current Nominations
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX +4
Final Fantasy X +1
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII +3
Final Fantasy XIV +6
Final Fantasy XV +2

Final Fantasy Tactics +3
Dirge of Cerberus +1

Chrono Cross
The Last Of Us +1
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Mass Effect
KOTOR
Witcher 2
Dragon Age: Origins

Okay folks it's that time again. A community playthrough to start off the new year with. I recommend playing Fallout to prepare yourselves for our inevitable destruction, but barring that we should decide on something in the Final Fantasy universe to play as a group.

Previous Community Playthroughs
(Amended, thanks Flint!)
2016: Final Fantasy V
2015: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII
2014: (nothing)
2013: Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX
2012: Final Fantasy VII
2011: Final Fantasy VII
2010: Final Fantasy VI

Now this doesn't mean we can't do another one of these, just a reminder that they have been done before.

Rules

Let's not cock this up again. :monster: I am going to take this nice and slow. 2 phases. Nomination of games, then voting from those nominations.

1. Nomination Phase will end on 01/17/17 at midnight PST (3 AM EST)
2. Voting Phase will commence on 01/18/17 and end 01/25/17 at midnight PST (3 AM EST)
3. In the case of a tie, there will be a tie-breaker voting round that will last for 5 days instead of 3, ending on 01/30/17 at midnight PST (3 AM EST)
4. The Community Playthrough will begin officially on 02/01/17 and depending upon the game will run... as long as it needs to. I'll figure that out at the time of.

Elligible Titles

Pretty much anything in the Final Fantasy extended universe is appropriate.
Final Fantasy I - XV
Final Fantasy Spinoffs / Side Games / Sequels
Chrono games
Kingdom Hearts games
Bravely Default games
etc. (i.e. if there are any I can't think of right now).

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Firstly I would like to nominate Final Fantasy XV - having just come out it seems appropriate. I also wish to nominate Final Fantasy IX even though it was played before it's been five years and it'd be interesting to see the perspective of the new crew (and also has nothing at all to do with the fact that I'm almost done Final Fantasy VIII). :monster:

Nominations: Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy IX

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Your history is a little off. Here's how it should look:

2016: Final Fantasy V
2015: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII
2014: (nothing)
2013: Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX
2012: Final Fantasy VII
2011: Final Fantasy VII
2010: Final Fantasy VI

Ryu also ran a Saga Frontier playthrough on his own in 2012.

Why bother posting all of this? So I can say: pleeeeease don't let it be Final Fantasy VII again. :monster:

I'll think of some nominations later.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
As per usual, I nominate Final Fantasy XII :monster:

The sad part about XII is that it isn't the easiest game to get your hands on if you don't own a PS2 - emulating it could be a bitch. So maybe wait for Zodiac Age... idk.
I'm still nomming it though, just because :monster:

I'm currently playing IV on Steam and I find it to be a pretty decent port. (I'm not nominating it but I thought I'd just put that out there.)

I'd like to nominate Final Fantasy II too :monster:

(Sooo which of the games have decent ports atm? Makes everything easier)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^I'd love to do a XII playthrough when Zodiac Age comes out.

Howabout a Shad-run Dirge playthrough? :monster: Just imagine the wacky-ass challenges he could set each chapter! :P "In this level, try to glitch your way to the 8th rooftop in the distance and wield Cait Sith as a weapon."

But, uh, I'll officially nominate Final Fantasy Tactics. Incidentally, apart from VII, it's probably the only FF title I would feel appropriate to run.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Oooh Tactics, that's an excellent suggestion!

Howabout a Shad-run Dirge playthrough? :monster: Just imagine the wacky-ass challenges he could set each chapter! :P "In this level, try to glitch your way to the 8th rooftop in the distance and wield Cait Sith as a weapon."
My coffee came out through my nose reading this

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I also want to throw my oar in for XII. I think a playthrough before the release of The Zodiac Age could be a lot of fun. Playing the classic before the remaster and all. But that's just me.
I'd also love to do FFIX.

Controversial addition. FFXIV :monster: I'm sure less people could take part and it would lack the structure of a normal community playthrough. On the flip side, fighting Final Fantasy bosses and experiencing the story as a community has a unique appeal to me. ^_^

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
If it ends up being XII I would need an experienced player to set the chapter lengths.

I'll second XIV because I concur. A team new character run would be awesome.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I remember when XIV was originally announced I had wide-eyed, excited dreams for TLS playing through together.

The time difference is a bitch though.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
When it launched we had a heap of people playing at once, so much so that I couldn't keep track of who everybody was.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I also nominate XII, because reasons. :monster:

I also wouldn't mind VIII or IX, because I've never played IX or played VIII through to completion, so I'd definitely be interested in watching those be streamed.

XII can be divided into approximately twelve chapters. I'm not even kidding.

The twelfth chapter wouldn't be playable, it's just the Epilogue FMV sequence and the end credits.

AvecAloes

Donator
I'll nom FFVI, as it's been a bit since I've played that. If we were to play FFXII, I would really prefer to play The Zodiac Age, so that A) I can just buy it for PS4 and not have to try to dig my PS2 out of storage and B) Because I've heard all of the negative aspects of vanilla XII and I do NOT want to have to deal with that (I've never played it).

I'd be up for playing XIV together, I have had SUCH an itch to get back into it lately.

So, for my unique nom - FFVI

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't mind a TLS XIV event, just have a bunch of people run a few dungeons and chat about the game or something, :monster:. There should actually be a group picture of like... 10 or so? TLS XIV players in the relevant thread.

Otherwise, we could make it an Event when the new expansion is launched, see if we can get everyone to join in, make a stream, that kinda shit. Might be hard to get organized, but if we get enough people on board there'd be enough crossover and shit.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Dug these out of the XIV thread.

NhWXdAb.png

cr9N0mi.png

awrVcBF.png

ptKiArL.png

uR5HuOz.png

1CltLNc.png

xw2VCRI.png

BuDGdCw.png

QVP4x7u.png

8SuKEO0.png

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I wouldn't mind playing through FFX again. It's been awhile.

Or... hmm... if non-FF games are a thing for this, I'm just gonna put The Last of Us out there, since it's been sitting on my PS4 begging me to play it for over a year now...

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
9, 10, 12, TACTICS, all good.

therefore I nominate

Chrono Cross

*mic drop*

Top Bottom