• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Your Ideal And Your Nightmare

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Best possible scenario is that Square delivers on all accounts and everything from the original is recreated with care.

Nightmare scenario would be five - seven games (which I don't think will happen, still think it's three) and/or that SE has to make major cuts and do things like make the world map a hallway simulator like FFX and FFXIII

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
My ideal would involve a few things:

1) I'd like them to continue following the original story as much as possible while evolving the plot with Aeris (she'll always be Aeris to me) a bit more. She's always been my favorite character, so I'd really like to explore her background and the background of the Cetra a lot more than we had the chance to do in the original (which wasn't much.)

I want them to build solid back stories of all the characters, but most of all with Aeris.

2) I want there to be secrets and mysteries Lots and lots and LOTS of them. In the original you had rare materia, chocobo breeding, the weapons, key to midgar, Lucrecia, the traveler in Kalm, etc which were off the path of the main story and gave the game such depth and made you want to keep on playing it over and over again. Games of today have lost that depth.. most of the time there's no reason to wander off the path of A to B, and as a result things feel scripted and shallow. Aside from the story and characters I want secrets and mysteries to be a driving factor of me coming back to play this over and over again. If they do that it will fulfill most of the dreams and hopes I have for this game.

3) I want the battle with Sephiroth to be 100x more epic than the original. Although I loved his angelic form battle it was far too easy. Make him an absolute pain in the &#^ to beat this time around. I wouldn't mind if it took an hour or longer. Preferably it would. Also, I never cared for the Bizarro Sephiroth form, so if they revised that or replaced it altogether with something else I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Seeing how much effort they're putting into earlier boss battles gives me hope with Sephiroth that it will be something truly epic. Don't disappoint us!

NIGHTMARE SCENARIO:

This thing drags on too long and the current team either disbands or loses interest in the project. Kitase, Nomura and Uematsu are a dream team, and I hope they can see this thing through until the end and do it justice.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
There are DOZENS of us!

How many thousands of NA people are going to get this game not having seen the TGS trailer or any of the Post-AC Compilation titles? They’re going to be like “A-buhhh? Why did they change Aeris’s name?”

It will be glorious. More for our army.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Ideal: Kinda vague, but I want the first game to be good enough that I look back on it fondly even years from now. And once the whole remake project is done, I want it be fulfilling. I personally think that the multiple title approach is really interesting so I'd like that idea to actually be successful.

Nightmare: The first game is really great, but then the rest isn't finished or is of a lesser quality. I think this project has to get better over time, but that's a tall order.

Also, as someone who played the OG after AC, I think Aeris is a dumb name that sounds too much like the word "heiress." Judge away :mon:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Cannon:

Hmm, the two words sound similar, but not to that high a level, surely! I would pronounce Aeris as 'Ay-riss', but I guess the American way of saying it would sound closer to heiress (air-ess)? No clue.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Voice Volume 0, I’ll pronounce Mako however I please thanks. And written Aerith is much easier to translate in my head than hearing it.

Nightmare:
-no voice volume slider
-abandoned project before the end
-overexpounding mysterious details in bloated and uninteresting sequences

Ite

AKA
Ite
A homonym of both ‘heiress’ and ‘eros’ is more fitting and less on-the-nose than an anagram of “I, Earth” but I think I’ve distracted from the topic at hand too much already.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
My ultimate biggest fear is that the Remake is actually done through asset flipping.

I also admit that this fear is completely irrational and 1000% not likely to happen but sometimes I have reoccurring nightmares where I'm playing the Remake and suddenly Cloud looks like some fortnite character knockoff and I need to get this off my chest to people who would understand my fears. ._.

My 2nd biggest fear: that the Fort Condor mini game becomes even more complicated than it was in the OG. I've played VII like 4-5 times and I usually just skip the Fort Condor stuff because it's aggravating, even though missing out on stuff and not 100% completing things get my goat.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Alright...
Ideal: have the games crafted with a lot of care and attention to detail, delivering a fulfilling experience. Remain faithful to the original story while still delivering something new and fresh. Recreate the story in no more than 4 games, with a maximum of 2 years of development time between each iteration.
Nightmare: Project gets canned before completion, or severely affected by massive budget cuts. Have new plot twists for the sake of having plot twists (eg, Aerith revives! Jenova was Genesis' puppet! Sephiroth was Hojo's father!).

Other than that, I'm on old timer, but I'm cool with Aerith's name re-write. Besides, nobody mentions that Tifa's last name got re-written just as well.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I also admit that this fear is completely irrational and 1000% not likely to happen but sometimes I have reoccurring nightmares where I'm playing the Remake and suddenly Cloud looks like some fortnite character knockoff and I need to get this off my chest to people who would understand my fears. ._.

My 2nd biggest fear: that the Fort Condor mini game becomes even more complicated than it was in the OG. I've played VII like 4-5 times and I usually just skip the Fort Condor stuff because it's aggravating, even though missing out on stuff and not 100% completing things get my goat.
"Fortnite Condor"?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Just a hot tip here for cheesing the fuck out of OG fort condor, if you start the match, set the speed to slow, then spam units to the bottom of the screen quickly, your guys will kill the first enemy before more can spawn in and you will win the match instantly. Works nearly every time in my experience.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I have no fears or real expectations from the game. If it doesn't end up being good, oh well. I still have the original. I am very optimistic though. I reserved copy with the ost and artbook, and the vinyl copy of the ost

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
"Fortnite Condor"?
My eyeballs are twitching, hou dar u! >:u

alright I chuckled at this.

Just a hot tip here for cheesing the fuck out of OG fort condor, if you start the match, set the speed to slow, then spam units to the bottom of the screen quickly, your guys will kill the first enemy before more can spawn in and you will win the match instantly. Works nearly every time in my experience.
Thank you for this tip, I'll try to keep this in mind the next time I play VII. I should print this out and stick it on my wall just in case.

I just have to convince myself to backtrack to Fort Condor every so often so that I don't miss out on missable battles too, cause traveling back and forth was also the other half of my aggravation with Fort Condor.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
My ideal: just make FFVII in HD. Keep all the details. Make some of the plot (eg. public execution) more plausible and realistic

My nightmare:
- expanding on Lucrecia. Seriously, both she and what SE did with her character in DoC are bad enough. Just stop there!
- Sephiroth being unnecessarily provoking to Cloud because somehow SE is pressed to do so for yaoi fans
- making yuffie as clumsy as in DoC

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Aerith's name will always be Aerith, to me. I accept Aeris as the English pronunciation.

Reactions: LNK
Top Bottom