Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I feel like Tifa has some pretty badass moments on her own. Like kicking Eligor, saving Wedge from the falling pipes, defeating some of the failed experiments in Hojo's lab, etc. It's just when Cloud is with her his instincts kick in and he can't help but try to protect her from everything. I don't think anyone came out of the Remake thinking Tifa is a damsel, if anything I think everyone thought she was super cool (unless you already have preconceived notions about her.)

I also thought this was pretty funny and accurate about them as a power couple:

The way Aerith fell, LMAO! It looked like it hurt something fierce. I mean she bounced. Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh at that but.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I also thought this was pretty funny and accurate about them as a power couple:

Well, there's a reason why they both caught Andrea's eyes, which is supposed to be rare lmao.

Also yes, in the Remake you can clearly feel that they both care deeply about each other and that they are there when the other falls (be it physically or mentally). And I love that. They know they can count on each other, and that's why you can see the distance shrinking between them throughout the game.

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Tifa does have a ton of badass moments.

In the German translation (apparently I don't actually speak German to check this) it says Cloud arrived in Sector 7 the day before the bomb Mako reactor 1.

If that is true then I love the idea that these 2 have been back together for 24 hours and they are already handing each other flowers, finding apartments next to one another, and planning dates, yet they continue to both be oblivious that the other one likes them!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Tifa does have a ton of badass moments.

In the German translation (apparently I don't actually speak German to check this) it says Cloud arrived in Sector 7 the day before the bomb Mako reactor 1.

If that is true then I love the idea that these 2 have been back together for 24 hours and they are already handing each other flowers, finding apartments next to one another, and planning dates, yet they continue to both be oblivious that the other one likes them!

I don't think that is the case in the Remake. I think they are a bit more aware of each others feelings than in the OG. Or perhaps they are pretending to not know.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Going to double post here, I think it is a bit more relaxed. Sorry!

It it is very obvious that they are both crazy for each other, they just can't express it because of how precious they are to each other and their shared childhood. The thing with them is that I think that Cloud and Tifa relationship is modeled after a real life childhood relationship. To me it is believable because of the very nature of the relationship.

It is not a hot flash in the pan. It is a very very very slow burn between these two. When you share a past with someone you seem to connect with them on a different level and sometimes it gets so comfortable that you might be scared to take that last step.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Going to double post here, I think it is a bit more relaxed. Sorry!

It it is very obvious that they are both crazy for each other, they just can't express it because of how precious they are to each other and their shared childhood. The thing with them is that I think that Cloud and Tifa relationship is modeled after a real life childhood relationship. To me it is believable because of the very nature of the relationship.

It is not a hot flash in the pan. It is a very very very slow burn between these two. When you share a past with someone you seem to connect with them on a different level and sometimes it gets so comfortable that you might be scared to take that last step.

Absolutely agree with this. I saw a comment on a CloTi tribute video titled "Slow Burn" ;) who I felt articulated the relationship very well. Going to quote it here,

"I hope everyone understands why their relationship isn't as simple as just being able to tell each other how they feel, and no, this has nothing to do with the writers trying to keep everything ambiguous (okay, it technically does, but you know what I mean).

For Cloud, Tifa is the ideal person he yearns to care for but feels he cannot until he proves to himself that he's worthy of her. It all started with the Mt. Nibel incident; even though Cloud was in no way at fault, he still took the blame because he felt he was weak. Since then, every conscious decision he's made regarding her has been about getting stronger for her sake. He's haunted by his feeling of inadequacy, so we never see a moment when he feels he's done enough to deserve her affection, but he's always there to protect and support her in her time of need.

For Tifa, Cloud is the one holding her together because he's the last link to everything she cherished. She's already lost everything from her childhood and youth: family, friends, hometown, etc., and while AVALANCHE has become her family, they also have family of their own. She has nothing and nobody left except Cloud. This is why, even as Cloud's inconsistent personality confounded her, she still held onto hope that he was the real deal, and this belief and dedication is what ultimately allows her to piece him back together and save him. She needs him, and she can't be the reason he's not there; this, in combination with her emotional turmoil, is why she doesn't risk outright telling him. " - Source

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
What the heck is Tifa doing? Dude is just trying to sleep. He is probably exhausted after doing extra-curricular activities :monster:

Tifa and Cloud save each other a lot throughout the game. These are not all of rescues but the ones towards the end of the game. Not sure if they count as CLoud X Tifa moments but they are always there for each other no matter what. The last one Cloud had to be really attentive to save Tifa from the Whisper at that time. He had to be looking directly at her for him to get there on time.

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Tbh, the only thing that makes me not get fully on board with this whole thing about Cloud being in love or more like aware of his feelings for Tifa as where we are in Part 1 Remake is the fact that it would require an awareness that Cloud simply doesn't have right now due to his own illusions/Jenova interference. Cloud's memories of Tifa are simply too tied up with his real self that every time he gets closer to sort them out he seems to glitch ( same goes to any memory related to Zack for obvious reasons), saving the time he remembered his promise to her, the only thing that was able to bypass this "block" in his mind.

But at the end of the day Cloud, I mean the REAL Cloud that is hidden beneath this one that he made up, is indeed in love with Tifa. So, even without realize his own reasons, he wants to get closer to her, he wants to protect, he gets jealous and he gets touchy lol.

And I think this is where Remake is shining where OG didn't. Things are much clear right now. People around them all seem to try to guess their relationship, and some even are able to realize her importance to him, but he never does it himself. Cloud goes around having all these feelings/emotions for this woman that's supposed to be only his childhood friend he hasn't seen in years but he never confronts them, and he won't (not anytime soon at least) because that would mean getting into dangerous territory in his mind. But that doesn't mean that he won't act upon these feelings, even if subconscious, and he does throughout part 01 of the game.

And that's why their relationship is so interesting, imo. Remake has made the tension between them so palpable yet none of them will truly act upon it, either because of their own conflicted emotions and worries (Tifa) or because they simply can't right now ( Cloud), but still...they can't help but be drawn to each other. It makes me so excited for the next parts. :excited:

idek if I was able to articulate my thoughts well, but yeep I tried!!:aah:

Last edited:

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Tifa and Cloud save each other a lot throughout the game. These are not all of rescues but the ones towards the end of the game. Not sure if they count as CLoud X Tifa moments but they are always there for each other no matter what. The last one Cloud had to be really attentive to save Tifa from the Whisper at that time. He had to be looking directly at her for him to get there on time.

How does every good video for Cloud and Tifa moments from Remake always come from the same youtube user aka Unknown Soldier?? This ANGEL has been compiling every single Cloti scene in the Remake so we don't have to. Wherever you are, I hope you know I've very thankful for your hard work. ????

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Tbh, the only thing that makes me not get fully on board with this whole thing about Cloud being in love or more like aware of his feelings for Tifa as where we are in Part 1 Remake is the fact that it would require an awareness that Cloud simply doesn't have right now due to his own illusions/Jenova interference. Cloud's memories of Tifa are simply too tied up with his real self that every time he gets closer to sort them out he seems to glitch ( same goes to any memory related to Zack for obvious reasons), saving the time he remembered his promise to her, the only thing that was able to bypass this "block" in his mind.

I agree. The very thing that you talk about in this paragraph is what I was thinking, with one exception. Simply put, that when Tifa is around the True Cloud surfaces. I think that is why the connection between the seem to be growing and as they spend more time around each other you can see the distance between the shrink.

I think I mentioned this earlier that when Tifa and Cloud meet at the beginning of CH3, there is a large visual gap between them whenever they are on the screen together. As they get used to being around each other as the story progresses you see this gap almost evaporate. By the end they are practically in each others laps. This in my opinion is great story telling and to me it seems like my Thesis statement above says when Tifa is around the True Cloud comes out.

I am really looking forward to see how their relationship continue to grow as the game progresses, and see what hardships these two (dare is say it) lovers.... love birds go through. I think whatever happens in Kalm will be their first true hurtle. Although, it has already been touched on a bit during the "alone at last" discovery scene. So, I think we can expect something from that.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I agree. The very thing that you talk about in this paragraph is what I was thinking, with one exception. Simply put, that when Tifa is around the True Cloud surfaces. I think that is why the connection between the seem to be growing and as they spend more time around each other you can see the distance between the shrink.

I think I mentioned this earlier that when Tifa and Cloud meet at the beginning of CH3, there is a large visual gap between them whenever they are on the screen together. As they get used to being around each other as the story progresses you see this gap almost evaporate. By the end they are practically in each others laps. This in my opinion is great story telling and to me it seems like my Thesis statement above says when Tifa is around the True Cloud comes out.

I get your point here, but I'm really not so sure about Cloud's true persona being around that much (or maybe I'm not getting your point here very well so feel free to correct me ^^). The only time it was mentioned that his "true self" arose was at their hug in Tifa's resolution scene. And even at that time, we can clearly see the emphasis in his reaction/expressions, as suddenly he wasn't the Ex-Soldier Cloud, that cool and cold persona he created form himself, but simply Cloud, a sixteen years old boy who wanted nothing but being able to comfort the woman crying in front of him.

However, I agree that he tends to relax more when he's around her. He doesn't force his attitude that much and he's simply more himself around her as the times pass. But I don't think he realizes it himself tbh, that goes back to my previous point that it would require an awareness that Cloud simply doesn't have right now.

I am really looking forward to see how their relationship continue to grow as the game progresses, and see what hardships these two (dare is say it) lovers.... love birds go through. I think whatever happens in Kalm will be their first true hurtle. Although, it has already been touched on a bit during the "alone at last" discovery scene. So, I think we can expect something from that.

I'm also so looking forward to the whole Kalm part!! Tbh, Part 2 is where I feel we will be able to grasp more of what the devs are intending to go with the Remake. I'm excited and scared at the same time lol.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I get your point here, but I'm really not so sure about Cloud's true persona being around that much (or maybe I'm not getting your point here very well so feel free to correct me ^^). The only time it was mentioned that his "true self" arose was at their hug in Tifa's resolution scene. And even at that time, we can clearly see the emphasis in his reaction/expressions, as suddenly he wasn't the Ex-Soldier Cloud, that cool and cold persona he created form himself, but simply Cloud, a sixteen years old boy who wanted nothing but being able to comfort the woman crying in front of him.

However, I agree that he tends to relax more when he's around her. He doesn't force his attitude that much and he's simply more himself around her as the times pass. But I don't think he realizes it himself tbh, that goes back to my previous point that it would require an awareness that Cloud simply doesn't have right now.

I'm also so looking forward to the whole Kalm part!! Tbh, Part 2 is where I feel we will be able to grasp more of what the devs are intending to go with the Remake. I'm excited and scared at the same time lol.

I get what you are saying also. Perhaps I am being a bit over zealous about the Cloud true self bit. I believe it comes out a lot more though, maybe not the entire time.

When Cloud and Tifa were talking in Cloud's room for example, where Cloud remembered the promise that he made at the well on that star filled night back in their hometown. He also, said that he asked Tifa if she wants to talk about it and that he was listening. (girl you should have said something right there, but I think Tifa's personality got in the way. I love that btw)

The thing I guess that I am trying to convey, (perhaps very badly) Is that even if it isn't True Cloud, I believe that the feelings that he has for her is so strong that they power through his fake persona maybe not as True Cloud but as real feelings of love for her. He loved her before going into soldier and he will continue to love even in the sad mental state that he is in now. No matter what type of facade' or charades that he tries to put on for everyone else.

Maybe, I am too blind to see otherwise. :cry:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
This might be a bad characterization because I'm loving what everyone else is saying, but they remind me so much of some people I know that have fallen in love.

Except they were friends first for years and so they did this really annoying dance of not being able to tell the difference between "are they doing this because we are good friends" and "are they doing this because they are in to me". Both were super shy people so they just literally didn't see the obvious thing in front of them because they were so worried about misreading something and rejection.

I basically just classified Tifa and Cloud like that in my head because it seemed to fit them too.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
This might be a bad characterization because I'm loving what everyone else is saying, but they remind me so much of some people I know that have fallen in love.

Except they were friends first for years and so they did this really annoying dance of not being able to tell the difference between "are they doing this because we are good friends" and "are they doing this because they are in to me". Both were super shy people so they just literally didn't see the obvious thing in front of them because they were so worried about misreading something and rejection.

I basically just classified Tifa and Cloud like that in my head because it seemed to fit them too.

Funny that you said that. I said the exact same thing, and it was on my first post on these forums believe it or not. :monster:

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not but I am really enjoying the character chemistry between Tifa and Cloud. I felt that the Devs were really pushing the envelope with their daily interactions with each other. I believe it is really grounded that they truly really do love each other.

Kinda reminds me of watching my childhood friends falling in love. It is funny because everyone around them knew they were in love, except them. Both hesitating at crucial points in their relationship but both overcoming those obstacles and end up happily ever after. Honestly, when you boil down FF7 story to its core, I believe it is really a journey of childhood friends finding themselves through pain, loss, and the need to be loved and cherished. Of course this is just my opinion.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
I get what you are saying also. Perhaps I am being a bit over zealous about the Cloud true self bit. I believe it comes out a lot more though, maybe not the entire time.

When Cloud and Tifa were talking in Cloud's room for example, where Cloud remembered the promise that he made at the well on that star filled night back in their hometown. He also, said that he asked Tifa if she wants to talk about it and that he was listening. (girl you should have said something right there, but I think Tifa's personality got in the way. I love that btw)

The thing I guess that I am trying to convey, (perhaps very badly) Is that even if it isn't True Cloud, I believe that the feelings that he has for her is so strong that they power through his fake persona maybe not as True Cloud but as real feelings of love for her. He loved her before going into soldier and he will continue to love even in the sad mental state that he is in now. No matter what type of facade' or charades that he tries to put on for everyone else.

Maybe, I am too blind to see otherwise. :cry:

I think there is substantial basis for this view. In the FF7 Remake Ultimania, Nomura did say that Cloud acts more like himself when he's with Tifa (source), so it does seem to line up with your view that even if it's not the True Cloud, his feelings for her is so strong that we see a glimpse of the real him. In a way, Tifa has been helping Cloud to regain his true identity throughout the entire journey, even before the Lifestream.

This does sound like both their characters and Cloud seemed to have always been like this from young and I don't think that has anything to do with Hojo's experiment. Well, let's hope that with the inclusion of an unexpected character in part 2, Cloud might get an extra prompt to realize his true feelings for Tifa.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what do you guys think about the story changes at the end of part 1? I'm so far viewing it quite positively because it would seem it's paving the way for CloTi in the subsequent parts. Again, thisis seen through my admittedly biased lens.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but what do you guys think about the story changes at the end of part 1? I'm so far viewing it quite positively because it would seem it's paving the way for CloTi in the subsequent parts. Again, thisis seen through my admittedly biased lens.

I for one love the changes in part 1. I think I see the same thing you do through the same biased lens. It does seem like the Devs are pushing towards a Tifa X Cloud pairing. I was actually quite surprised at the amount of physical touching that went on between the two. It seemed like they couldn't keep their hands off each other. I know that some of the touches are not really ship moments but there are a lot in the game where I don't think it left any doubts.

Last edited:

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer

In terms of hurting or helping my ship, Remake definitely helped it.

1) Intro of Aerith's bf back into the game

2) Aerith telling Cloud not to fall for her and his potential feelings for her not being real

3) Shippy moments between Aerith and Cloud stop after Aerith's resolution whereas Cloud and Tifa's moments continue.

4) Tifa is the only woman that Cloud has initiated flirting with.

5) Cloud gave Tifa the flower fully knowing that it was meant for couples

6) Plenty of skinship between the two

7) They showed us that Tifa never ostracized Cloud and she wanted to hang with him as a child.

8) Cloud initially being much nicer to Tifa in Remake than the OG. Much, much nicer.

9) In fact, Tifa's the only person that he's not mean to the whole game. (I mean she did try high-five him and he didn't high-five back but that's more because he doesn't understand it rather than being mean about it)

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
I for one love the changes in part 1. I think I see the same thing you do through the same biased lens. It does seem like the Devs are pushing towards a Tifa X Cloud pairing. I was actually quite surprised at the amount of physical touching that went on between the two. It seemed like they couldn't keep their hands of each other. I know that some of the touches are not really ship moments but there are a lot in the game where I don't think it left any doubts.

Yeah, I noticed some blind streamers even mentioning that they like all the casual touching going on between Tifa and Cloud. If blind streamers can pick it up then it's obvious.

Another game critic on Twitter said this about the pairing before the Remake came out and that Tifa's popularity works in her favor:

The thing is, Cloud/Tifa is almost exclusively marketed as the "canon" choice in every FFVII-related release following the game. Even official production books have stated that this is "officially" the choice and that all post-game material is built upon that assumption.

In games where the characters make crossover appearances, there are far more appearances by Cloud and Tifa, with Aerith either being nowhere to be seen or included as a bonus/DLC character (Dissidia, Opera Omnia).

You can make the argument that Tifa is just more popular so she gets more appearances, but this also sends a message that the CloTi pairing is the one that is collectively accepted by the public, so that's the one that keeps getting marketed.

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
Oh, I found a comment he made after Remake came out too:

It’s been often mentioned how the Remake will rekindle the FFVII waifu wars again. But I dunno...based on online reception it’s looking REALLY one-sided so far. And I’m saying that while acknowledging Aerith is the best she’s ever been in this one.

Top Bottom