• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Holiday 2020

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So I'm still coming down on the Kupocoma but I had my first real taste of the TLS gathering and I want more. After meeting Flare, Ite and Dawn on separate occasions I wasn't at all prepared for the fun, laughter and tears that would follow by meeting both (minus Dawn) and more.

Mr Channy was welcomed into the insanity with open arms and I am forever grateful to everyone. And though everyone was new to him, he had plenty of fun (re: drunken antics) as well.

On the way home he proposed, "You know, you don't have to be at a con to get everyone together like that." And we talked briefly in the hotel lobby with everyone about this. Not everyone can make it to Kupocon due to country restraints, vacation time lines, flights or wacky venue/proposed times. We joked that we should all go to Japan together (though how expensive would THAT be!). But the more we talked about it on the way home, there was definitely a very possible option to put out there.

Depending on everyone's commitments to the current list of Kupocon dates, I suggest we do a TLS Holiday together, all inclusive somewhere fun and sunny, like the Dominican.

This is by no means in any way to deter people from their current Kupocon commitments, I definitely still want to go to Newark as it approaches (and I'm still trying to convince Mr Channy to go to Mexico with his brother as an offset vacation). From what I can remember, current KC dates are Toronto later this year, Glasgow winter 2019, Newark June 2019 and potential something else later in the year? Which is where I came in with my 2020 date, and for this I suggest possible late Jan/early Feb. It's far enough people could save in between these, but at the same time it's going to be for the same yet different purpose.

All inclusive obviously so people can get their drink on. Dominican because it's about equal distance for both sides of the world (well, the Euro/Brits vs the Canamericans). Prices average at about 1500$ for a 5-7 night stay but I know it can be found cheaper. And we don't have to stay that long or we can stay longer! But that's hotel (ALL INCLUSIVE), flight, taxes, all in. Basically you're paying for incidentals after that.

So...

giphy.gif

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Canadian American esque. I checked multiple websites but wasn’t paying attention at the time but probably sure it’s Canadian. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Fuck it, count me in! :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So you want to come to the Caribbean but instead of my island you want to go next door? I see how it is. :okay:

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I'm kind of planning to take A to see Portugal, probably in 2020, so maybe I can swing a double thing (if I can save enough of my cheap-ass currency :P ) but I like the idea and I will definitely think on it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You say it's central ish, but you do realize everyone probably has to go through the US anyway to get there, right? :monster:

It's far, I dun like long trips. I'll have a think on it for err, a year and a half or so, :monster:.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So you want to come to the Caribbean but instead of my island you want to go next door? I see how it is. :okay:

It’s not so far for you though!! And I don’t know... they have power. :$

You say it's central ish, but you do realize everyone probably has to go through the US anyway to get there, right? :monster:

It's far, I dun like long trips. I'll have a think on it for err, a year and a half or so, :monster:.

No. :monster: a quick search on British Airways confirmed there are direct flights from London to Punta Cana. The CanaAmericans as long as we leave from a large airport like Calgary would likely also be direct.

Just do it :kermit:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Do you have any idea how far London is from where I live :monster:

NOT ALL OF EUROPE IS NEAR LONDON ASDFHIJKL an shit :monster:

actually soon enough the UK will no longer be in Europe.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Yeah, and since nothing is in place we're likely to need visas just to get to Yurp. :/
Anyway, I'll consider this, I'm poorer than a gypsy's dog though IDK yet.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This is tentatively planned for 2020 though, that's over a year and a half away. :monster: Which can both be easier and harder to plan for, because so much can change in even just a few months! But I think this is totally possible if people are interested and want to save up for another meet-up. I mean I'm wanting to go to Glasgow in January next year; less than a year away but I think it's definitely possible to save up even with a part time job (but I also want to move out and that should take precedence). Point is, even if our wallets are really low right now, that doesn't mean they will be in 2020. :P

I'm really not fussed with a location, I'll go local or to Europe or to somewhere in between, whatever the majority decides! Meeting up with you guys is one of the biggest enjoyments of my life right now and I don't see that changing. I've had a taste and I need more. :awesome:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I would love to go to this but I don't think I could afford it as I have e two big trips planned between this year and next Year....in saying that I miss getting drunk with the TLS crew...I might be a bit drunk right now :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
THIS IS FOR 2020 THERES LOTS OF TIME TO SAVE.

I would have liked to throw it out for next year but existing commitments and what not :monster: like I still want to go to Newark even if Mr Channy still doesn’t approve. But this is also a happy compromise in the middle. And throwing it out for the following in year to appease those that have shit planned for next year.

Random Nobody

local roach
...I was gonna make a joke about just being a feature of the digital landscape like a 404 or stuck pixel and point out that there's no proof that I'm actually a user and not just a chat bot, but then I remembered past me actually posted my face here like twice of her own volition and ruined the ki seriously speaking, l guess we'll see.

I mean, as a lifetime pledge of Broke Phi Broke I already know I'm not gonna have any money, but my thing is that after the step 1 (pray for me), I've been thinking about maybe just moving back to London.

Top Bottom