Remake Merchandise

Areega

Sephiroth's Best Friend
AKA
Ariga
I just got the Final Fantasy VII World Preview book today. I'm kind of surprised they don't have a character page or section for though.

Eh, I can't edit the post but I spoilered a name and it didn't show up. It was meant to say that the book doesn't have a character page for
Rufus

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So we need to talk about this.

A huge controversy has broken out over the release of the Tifa FFVII Remake Play Arts Kai.

It's out in Asia territories and... Well, I'll let the pictures and videos speak for themselves.

9xhk5ei-wko.jpg

Square really shit the bed with this release. People are pissed, cancelling their preorders and are just outdone at the abysmal quality of this. For one, because it's Tifa, two because this is PAKs in general and finally the disparate quality is so bad, this is akin to a damn bootleg. I know I'm glad I just contented myself with the AC PAK because... If I got a PAK looking like that, I'd be cussing S-E out. :monster:

If anyone pre-ordered these Remake PAKs, this is your warning.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
So we need to talk about this.

A huge controversy has broken out over the release of the Tifa FFVII Remake Play Arts Kai.

It's out in Asia territories and... Well, I'll let the pictures and videos speak for themselves.

9xhk5ei-wko.jpg

Square really shit the bed with this release. People are pissed, cancelling their preorders and are just outdone at the abysmal quality of this. For one, because it's Tifa, two because this is PAKs in general and finally the disparate quality is so bad, this is akin to a damn bootleg. I know I'm glad I just contented myself with the AC PAK because... If I got a PAK looking like that, I'd be cussing S-E out. :monster:

If anyone pre-ordered these Remake PAKs, this is your warning.
I legit reeeeee'd the first time I saw that shit, but they already released a statement about the state of Tifas figure and now the release date was pushed back again, also I think you can't cancel if you got her pak, they really knew what they did here
cookiemonster.gif

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Awesome. :wacky:

I've been waiting for the Tifa PAK since November. This is... what, the fith time its reselease date has been pushed forward? I don't know wether to laugh or cry.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well hopefully for you, the quality will be better because this one was awful. I hope those who got such a figurine will be rewarded an extra good one, I'd be pretty pissed if that was all I got after pre-ordering it.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Just when I thought PAK’s quality was improving...
With Goodsmile, Kotobukiya and similar figure companies always have their final results match the prototypes very closely.

Play Arts on the other hand...the molds are always so messy and the paint is inconsistent. Their Fei Fong Wong figure was pretty good, though; I was hoping it was a sign of things to come for the Remake merch.

Imagine if Square licensed the Remake line to Hot Toys instead :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not to crash your hopes, but that only applies to the Hong Kong and Japanese market that first got those fucked up PAKs. The supplier and S-E of Japan worked that out. That hasn't been confirmed for S-E NA yet. Buyers are having to put in support tickets with them, and I've yet to see anyone affirm to fixing this here yet.

This is someone's own hellish experience trying to refund the damn thing.

thanks, i contacted them and they said they will send my info to an expert to investigate. they don't know how long it will take, but when the expert responds them back, they will let me know the outcome and whether i can exchange or not. they said i have to keep in mind that their response may not be in my favor where i wont be able to exchange it. they also mentioned that this support which is "The SQUARE ENIX Support Center" only take exchange request. if i want to return the item, i have to contact "the SQUARE ENIX online store Support Team". now i checked their policy for returning defecting item which has a time window of 72 hours. this 72 hours already been wasted me contacting them and waiting for their response. also if this team takes too long to investigate and tell me they can't exchange it, im not sure if the other team will take the return since it is already over 72 hours. if i had known that i had to go through so many difference customer support just to exchange the item for better one, i would have simply asked the first team to return the item. for return they say depends on the reseller, they may charge me extra fee. this whole process is a headache. i'm done with their official webstore.

Like, at this point, I can't safely trust pre-ordering PAKs anymore, until I see them. Might have to pay a little more down the line but this Tifa clusterfuck is damning. The pictures of Tifa make it look like a bootleg.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I hope Ody will get a good one, seriously it's a clusterfuck. Yes, the confirmation I had seen was for HK, this is why I didn't post it here - I stumbled onto it because FFVII was trending in France so I went to look at the tweets and it was there. In all honestly though, they better send replacement parts for other parts of the world - who okay'ed this face in the first place? It clearly doesn't match the quality shown in the first place.

Also Europeans may have a better time exchanging/returning it, because we have a 2 weeks return, so if you're in the EU with a bad figurine, remember to return it, you will get refunded.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It's still unclear to me if this was just an issue in Hongkong or if it's affecting the other regions too. Has anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Top Bottom