FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

waw

Pro Adventurer
Maybe...

Remake - Sephiroth is remaking himself, getting his lost memories back(that he lost in the Lifestream). There is an interesting video by Sleepezi, explaining how that worked in Remake.

Rebirth - The rebirth of his physical body, in the Northern Crater.

Sleepezi certainly is popular, and I give him credit for catching some serious detail. I'm not too convinced by his some of his conclusions yet. He's comfortable in a speculator role that I'm not as of yet. That said, if this trend holds and it's rebirth of the physical body... what could possibly be the the third game? Return? Of what? Relive? What are we reliving?

"What we've done, that's set in stone. The past is forever, but the future, even if it has been written can be changed. So focus on the future, not the past." - Aerith

Has anyone come to any idea of where in the story this dialogue might be taking place?

I'm guessing Nibelheim. Cloud and Tifa arguing about what happened there.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Definitely think it'll be "Return."

Yeah, it could be that. I think these titles have multiple meanings, so "Return" could be refering to the return of Sephiroth(and Jenova) as a complete being, and also the return to the original timeline, or at least, the return to how things should be(Zack dead, Aerith dead, etc).

I think Rebirth is an obvious reference to Sephiroth(Rebirth/Bizarro Sephiroth in FFVII, "One Winged Angel Rebirth" in Remake...), and since this isn't the first time they name a title after him(they said that "Advent" in "Advent Children", is a reference to him), I think that every title in this remake project could be a reference to Sephiroth, but also be referencing other stuff too. Multiple interpretations, like I believe Remake is(the remake of the original game/timeline, and Sephiroth remaking himself).

Reactions: Wol

waw

Pro Adventurer
Return? That's a good one. We see Cloud's return among others (GENESIS!).
Relive? Relive FF7, Sephiroth lives again, we're reliving the timestream stuff again and again. Sure.
It also plays a bith with conception (remake), birth (rebirth), and life (relive) in my mind.

That said, I came here to say this today:
Recall, Reclaim, Regenesis... anything else?

Edit: Also, Recast? :mon:
Emphasis mine. Regenesis. It plays on so many levels. The World Regenesis Organizatoin? Generating something anew but again, and the the fact that we're all going to say Genesis is our favorite character by the time this is over :P

Somewhat trolling aside, Regenesis is another word very much in the vein of what they'd use in my opinion.

Reactions: LNK

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Final Fantasy VII -
REAVER

Very edgy as Nomura likes it.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Reverse...

Now try to spot which are for fun and which are serious:

Rewake
Reside
Retread
Revulse
Retire
Relate
Reprieve
Retrace
Rebase
Redump
Revamp
Rebalance
Resolve
Reroll
Restate
Repart
Reroute
Reprise
Recoil
Retreat
Reward
Respite
Restrain

:cloudstairs:

Sorry for the fun :wackymonster:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
User warned: use of a slur
The cover for Part 3 will be Cloud on a wheelchair, with the title "Final Fantasy VII: []".

Last edited by a moderator:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
User suspended, doubling down on use of a slur
Surely you’re not the only one who thought of that one here, but everybody else at least had the sense to not actually write it

In the words of Tifa Lockhart: "Stop being a []". ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom