Reno/&Vincent - Thunderclaw

TheDikTatorTot

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lou
pGwfE1e.png

Hello and welcome to the club of loving Reno and Vincent doing anything and everything together! That can mean as friends, as coworkers as lovers~ whatever your heart loves for these two characters.
  • Vincent Valentine has a complicated relationship with the concept of the Turks. He is not as against their existence as the other members of Avalanche are. He dislikes Shinra for their dealings but sees the Turks as a separate entity almost. He is willing to work cooperatively with the Turks post-meteor.
  • Reno is disillusioned with the concept of Shinra and it's power, but he remains a Turk and stays loyal to Rufus if only because they are more of a line group of survivors with lots of enemies now. They have become a tight nit working family.
  • Vincent does not mind Reno's presence when he does do the occasional job with the Turks. Like Cid, Reno is someone Vincent does not have to really talk to in order to keep him happy. The occasional nod or hum of agreement or disagreement is enough to keep Reno talking. Reno is competent and good at his job and Vincent appreciates that. Reno works well with his partners and Vincent likes that he never has to communicate a plan with him. Vincent likes that he can fall into his training and have a battle buddy that will understand his moves.
  • Reno enjoys a good challenge and Vincent is as challenging as they get.
  • Vincent likes to not have to be the one to fill the silence. Reno talks enough for two people.

Last edited:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Oh hey, I have never really seen these two paired before but I'm here for it (friendship or otherwise). I guess Reno has experience dealing with the strong silent type from Rude. We know Reno considers himself one of the most experienced Turks, so I wonder how knowing that actually, HE'S the rookie when it comes to Vincent would affect the dynamic.

TheDikTatorTot

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lou
Oh hey, I have never really seen these two paired before but I'm here for it (friendship or otherwise). I guess Reno has experience dealing with the strong silent type from Rude. We know Reno considers himself one of the most experienced Turks, so I wonder how knowing that actually, HE'S the rookie when it comes to Vincent would affect the dynamic.
Hi! And sadly for me, lol I have had but a few interactions with people who are even interested in it! (Luckily I found a person to write it with me after like 10 years of trying to find a new writing buddy lol) But yea! I always see them as two people who everyone would THINK wouldn't get a long, but they would.

I know my personal headcanons are just that, but with how Vincent still seems to have some lingering emotions and connections to his work (I know he says he's guarding the mansion sort of as a way to make sure nothing gets out/in but I can totally see him believing that this duty is now part of his mission as a once-turk.) that I could see him feeling as thought the Turks and Shinra are almost two separate entities at the end of the day. He'll fight them in the name of fighting Shinra, but once Shinra's been reduced to a 30 year old with nothing but bodyguards, Shinra's no longer a threat to him.

I think people don't give Reno enough credit though! I really do think he's one of the most experienced Turks in a sense, but he's wild and brash so people don't look at him as a professional. Almost like he puts on the wild character as a way to make himself seem weaker than he is. My thought is that if Reno and Vincent worked side by side, they'd end up working well together. Reno takes the close up combat that he likes, and Vincent picks off targets protecting Reno's back.

TheDikTatorTot

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lou
My friend and I recently wrote a story together and we have started to post the chapters! It's called "The Long Road Back To Work" and at the moment it's about 150,000+ words, but it may grow a bit as we are adding some things in after the fact.

We haven't tagged for everything in the story just yet, but we will be updating the tags as chapters get posted. 💕

Last edited:

TheDikTatorTot

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lou
My friend and I recently wrote a story together and we have started to post the chapters! It's called "The Long Road Back To Work" and at the moment it's about 150,000+ words, but it may grow a bit as we are adding some things in after the fact.

We haven't tagged for everything in the story just yet, but we will be updating the tags as chapters get posted. 💕
Chapter 2 has been posted! [Edit: 4 chapters are now up <3]

Last edited:

TheDikTatorTot

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Lou
Chapter 5 is up! (Note: trying not to bump this often. I'll post an update post every 5 chapters and then update that post in between <3)

Top Bottom