More VII PlayArts (DoC Vincent, Yuffie, Rufus)

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So this is kinda disheartening to learn.....

http://boards.4chan.org/toy/res/3577138

gVeoJ60l.jpg

4Dduchvl.jpg

So instead of super tight joint (in the case of the right shoulder at any rate), its somehow super loose.

And yes I'm the OP of the thread.....so I'll be checking out the figure more today, hopefully isn't a total wash (especially since the eBay seller doesn't accept returns...though I gotta wonder if they lied about never being played with...I mean...how else would the shoulder be loose, and they marked it as shipped on the 1st, but really mailed it on the 5th, so...yeah).

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Cloud_S: Hope you leave that seller some nasty feedback. Of course, it is possible that Square was lazy with this particular sculpt as well -- but, either way, that seller is a doucher.

Bloody: That Nanaki, on the other hand, looks sweet.

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
Cloud_S, thank you for sharing a photo of your Dissidia Cloud. I have the Squall Dissidia figure; and while I haven't had any problems with him, aside from his having a very loose right hand, I've heard that the joints on these particular figures are very bad. There have been complaints that the figures are very fragile and that the joints can easily break. I hope this new ACC line is of better quality; fans really should get their money's worth for these figures.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Cloud_S: Hope you leave that seller some nasty feedback. Of course, it is possible that Square was lazy with this particular sculpt as well -- but, either way, that seller is a doucher.

Bloody: That Nanaki, on the other hand, looks sweet.

I had only mentioned the shipping time issue, but them followed up with the arm joints issue. Had I not been limited by character restrictions I would have noted being unsure if it was an off the line issue or had been messed with in contrast to the description. Either way, I've yet to receive feedback.

In other news, another Red XIII photo:

Gs6iNUx.jpg

And Tidus and Tuna also will get PAK figures:

JoUiMxb.jpg

Perhaps we'll need an all around in-general Final Fantasy PAK topic soon....

Lex

Administrator
I've never really bothered with the Play Arts or figurines in general, but now I can't stop thinking how good a Nanaki figure would look on my desk 0_0

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I was hoping we'd have a pre-order up for Red XIII/Nanaki by now...but I suppose they're waiting on the sales of Rufus, Yuffie, and Vincent.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Holy shit that Nanaki looks epic

Haven't really seen many non-humanoid PAKs, come to think of it. Are there any others out there we could find a reference out of?

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
They arrived today! The thing that most surprised me was the use of English.

Rufus
1dlKSlo.jpg

dHGDuwk.jpg

ULKTXgX.jpg

fah3AAw.jpg

(Somehow, his extra hands came out of their area...)
06tCvL5.jpg

Yuffie
V8FBPns.jpg

Ciohfa4.jpg

SR268Tl.jpg

DyaK5vX.jpg

QzKJxxB.jpg

Vincent
MHSafUe.jpg

gScvGEq.jpg

NzXlrlY.jpg

p35sgak.jpg

ceDYDlO.jpg

I'll take some more pics later, with perhaps better lighting and out of box stuff too...(and see how they match up with Dissidia Cloud PAK).

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Thanks for all the detailed pictures -- the English is, indeed, surprising. I think this is the first time we've had an official source actually confirm that Jenova was absorbing the planet's energy.

I think Rufus was taking the piss out of whichever spotty intern Square Enix sent to interview him for that box blurb. "Rufus kept Jenova's head in a box he named the Jenova Box," (too bad he didn't call it the Head Case) and "Rufus refers to the shotgun as the pinnacle of Shinra Company's technology." Sure he does.

I quite liked the "he used to be bad but now he's good but who knows, he could be bad really underneath it all," bit.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Well, my Rufus has arrived from Japan. His skin tones certainly look sickly enough. His suit is kind of disappointing, though, because it's grey rather than white. He will now live next to Reno on my bookshelf, forever in his box like Stinky Pete from Toy Story II, .

Top Bottom