Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Clock the Crisis Core buster sword design tho
I clocked it. I clocked it well. :monster:

I haven't mentioned it before now since I didn't really want to get the Long Tang Debate raging again (over whether the Compilation Buster Sword's crossguard is hidden under the boxy thing seen over the crossguard in the trailers for the remake), but since we're halfway there ...

Now that we know Mobius used actual assets from FFVIIR in the previous crossover (in which Cloud was sporting the Compilation Buster Sword), and presumably will be for this one as well, does that put that matter to rest? To me, that says rather definitively that the Compilation crossguard is in the remake.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I really like that key visual :)

Too bad there wasn't much of anything else for Remake... oh well!
So...the Moebius trailer essentially acted as a kind of FFVII remake teaser. :lol:

It really felt that way to me as well! Softens the blow, at least.

Oh! And it makes me so happy to see Roberto Ferrari credited properly side-by-side with Nomura's credit on Character Design!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

I haven't mentioned it before now since I didn't really want to get the Long Tang Debate raging again (over whether the Compilation Buster Sword's crossguard is hidden under the boxy thing seen over the crossguard in the trailers for the remake), but since we're halfway there ...

Now that we know Mobius used actual assets from FFVIIR in the previous crossover (in which Cloud was sporting the Compilation Buster Sword), and presumably will be for this one as well, does that put that matter to rest? To me, that says rather definitively that the Compilation crossguard is in the remake.

Perhaps there will be a way to retrofit the look of your swords. Weapon crafting mini games have been common enough in RPGs, and it isn't even new to the FF series. Or maybe you could win special weapons from quests or... gulp... micro transactions (no no please god no).

If the Compilation crossguard *doesnt appear*, the fact that they very proudly announced that they were using FF7R assets in Möbius is quite suspect, since the designs on display in their new poster mostly don't match the Möbius content. I mean, *which* assets? Lovingly polished rocks?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Perhaps there will be a way to retrofit the look of your swords. Weapon crafting mini games have been common enough in RPGs, and it isn't even new to the FF series. Or maybe you could win special weapons from quests or... gulp... micro transactions (no no please god no).

If the Compilation crossguard *doesnt appear*, the fact that they very proudly announced that they were using FF7R assets in Möbius is quite suspect, since the designs on display in their new poster mostly don't match the Möbius content. I mean, *which* assets? Lovingly polished rocks?
I could also see perhaps the Buster Sword maybe getting like an upgrade during the latter half of the Remake that would involve removing the riveted box and revealing the compilation crossguard, and it could like serve as a second Ultimate weapon for Cloud in order to keep the iconicty of Buster Sword relevant (gameplay wise) for the end part of the game.

I could also see perhaps the Buster Sword maybe getting like an upgrade during the latter half of the Remake that would involve removing the riveted box and revealing the compilation crossguard, and it could like serve as a second Ultimate weapon for Cloud in order to keep the iconicty of Buster Sword relevant (gameplay wise) for the end part of the game.
Appealing idea is VERY appealing. Almost makes me want to mod the original game so that after you've triggered the full flashback of Zack's death the Buster Sword is upgraded to be of an Ultimate Weapon power level.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Oh yeah, Clouds ultimate weapon needs a total overhaul. It looked like some cheap piece of shit toy sword you'd win at a fun fair.

So weapon customisation would be cool. Like the Hardedge and Nail Bat should stay, but some of that other shit....I hate that having to sacrifice a cool looking weapon for something ugly that is technically better.

Lex

Administrator
Appealing idea is VERY appealing. Almost makes me want to mod the original game so that after you've triggered the full flashback of Zack's death the Buster Sword is upgraded to be of an Ultimate Weapon power level.

I once modded the PC version and swapped out the models for the Buster Sword and Ultima Weapon, keeping all stats (special HP properties of Ultima, materia slots, attack, growth etc) the same. I wanted to use the Buster Sword for the endgame.

Interestingly, the "Buster Sword Ultimate" retained Ultima's "fading" visual when Cloud lost HP. It looked pretty cool.

Ultima Fork is too OP. With it, Quina is Destroyer of Worlds.

I used to equip the Buster Sword for the final battles, once I had maxed out Cloud's strength stat using Power Sources. :monster: Still a comparatively weak weapon at that stage, but not so weak as to be annoying.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Assuming the Compilation guard is in the remake, it would easily serve as a visual metaphor for Cloud and the memories he has locked away. Of course, you'd have to explain how the box got on there to being with.

...Jenova is a crafty one, I tell you!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Assuming the Compilation guard is in the remake, it would easily serve as a visual metaphor for Cloud and the memories he has locked away. Of course, you'd have to explain how the box got on there to being with.

...Jenova is a crafty one, I tell you!

I think that the running theory we've come up with is that it would've showed up about the same time that the bolts in his pauldron would've been added as a way to slightly disguise him from the standard SOLDIER and the instantly-recognizable sword to be ever-so-slightly different. I'm a big fan of the idea of maintaining the Buster Sword into the more late-game iconic scenes like this.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not as difficult as you might think. He's wearing a pauldron in the OG that differs from the one that was on him when Zack dressed him in the SOLDIER uniform, so he had at least a little bit of an eye for customization at some point during the couple of months between Zack's death and the start of the OG.

EDIT: ninja'd :awesomonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I can only read like 10% of it.

--------

Top image:

Square Enix's FF Smartphone Title(s?)
Collaboration with FF7.

-

Something about "3 smartphone titles". (Looking at the site, those three titles are Mobius, Brave Exvius and Opera Omnia

-----------

Bottom Image:

2-day FF7 event?

"Fatal? Calling"

Something about a Cloud and Sephiroth event.

Bonus Content.

Something about a "bet?"

Please login.

-------------------

You'll need the other 90% of it to make sense of it all.

Not front page quality this one but at least I tried. :wacky: In the bottom image the white part says something like “In early February starts a new FFVII collaboration event (*insert title here* what the heck is that even? Fatal Calling?) as well as Cloud and Sephiroth's new event(?)” and “Furthermore, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of FFVII & 10 million registered users you can also get various bonuses. Please sign in to take advantage of this opportunity.”

I spent way too much time figuring out those goddamn kanjis. In the end it wasn’t even anything interesting. Well, I'll take it as practice.

Thank you both; it makes for interesting reading already, but I think we need something a bit more comprehensive before publishing it. Anyone?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Family first, man. Always. I'm happy to wait until tomorrow, but if that proves impossible as well, I'll just put up an article without translations, so don't stress it. But thanks.

Also: TIL what croup is.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'll try getting to it sometime tonight, but can't promise anything. My son has croup and isn't sleeping well.

Well, maybe you should get him off to the doctors as well as make sure that it doesn't get worse. Something like this for your son is definately not a good sign and can cause major problems.

I do wish him for a full recovery, the poor thing.

Edit: Also, wonder why they're using a new Keyblade for Sora instead of the Kingdom Key. Does he lose it or something?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Oh yeah, Clouds ultimate weapon needs a total overhaul. It looked like some cheap piece of shit toy sword you'd win at a fun fair.

Excuuuuuuuuse me, it is badass as fuck - look how shiny and those prongy things? Totally functional

Ultima_Weapon_(Cloud).png

Top Bottom