Maiden of the Planet

What did you think of Maiden of the Planet?

• It's awesome

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • So so

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • It sucks

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maiden of the who?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
ITT Flanderization, not just of characters, but of posters and entire forums.
Classy.

On some fucking semblance of topic, Aerith is Out of Character in Maiden. Not the Zack bit, that was actually reasonably IC, though her not knowing Zack was dead was a wall banger of the highest order. No, it's the rest of the story. In which Aerith comes off as utterly fucking Milquetoast.

As for Crisis Core, Aerith is streetwise, the thing is, she's desperately trying to act normal. Aerith is putting on an act, and she lets it slip from time to time. Aerith's arc in FF7 is about clinging to normality, on refusing and then accepting her weirdness and the responsibilities thereof. It makes sense that as she grows up, and feels isolated by being strange, she will ACT- and it is just an act- overly normal to compensate for how she feels. She still has her weirdness, and a bit of bite, and she's completely unphased by the Genesis copy, for one.

QUEX, YOU WILL START FUCKING EXPLAINING SHIT, OR I WILL INFRACT YOUR ASS FOR TROLLING, SINCE YOU'VE ADMITTED DOING IT IN OTHER TOPICS. SAYING 'LIFESTREAM WHITE' TELLS US FUCKING NOTHING.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
FFVII makes it clear that Aeris was far from over Zack at the beginning of the game. I seriously do not understand how people can't pick up the fact. I totally got it on my first playthrough ffs (BEFORE all the compilation mess mind you). THAT WAS ALSO WHEN I HAD CLERITH SHIPPING GOGGLES FIRMLY STRAPPED OVER MY EYES :\

The problem is that you can't justify these character's motivations based on reality. Yeah, if Aeris were real I'd probably think it's natural for her to go for similar types of guys. But it doesn't work like that in the context of the story, where there are unexplained mysteries, unresolved tensions and hanging plot threads. THE WRITERS INCLUDED THE ZACK/AERIS RELATIONSHIP FOR A REASON. If they truly wanted to portray Aeris being fully in love with Cloud, they would not have even bothered to include her connection with Zack in the first place. It would literally be a pointless addition. I'm sure all of you know that when analyzing a story we must assume everything has a reason to it. Honestly, I would REALLY like to what that reason is from the opposing stance. Seriously. Because Zack/Aeris was definitlely not vital to any aspect of the story in that sense. If they truly wanted to show Aeris clearly loving Cloud for who he was, they would not ave included Zack as a mitigating factor. If Aeris was truly "over" him/never really took the relationship seriously, then there is NO justification for including it in the story in the first place!

The fact of the matter is, Zack was a ggiantic catalyst to Aeris' character. Maiden sort of shat over this fact with Aeris' callous attitude towards him. Not to say that this was really a huge deal breaker for the story, but it IS contradictory to OG Aeris. I would agree that CC did not really keep in line with OG Aeris, but I will say that her relationship with Zack is consistent with the writing of the OG.

Last thing, Aeris was not obsessed with Zack. No more than Elmyra was obsessed with Mr. Gainsborough at least. It sounds far too disparaging to call her "obsessed." She was mourning her dead boyfriend, and in somewhat denial about it. I don't really see how that unhealthy, it's just her way of coping.

edit: FUCK I fell for trolling didn't I? Well, this whole post was a big waste of time then. THANKS A LOT GUIZE ;_;

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
HE WRITERS INCLUDED THE ZACK/AERIS RELATIONSHIP FOR A REASON. If they truly wanted to portray Aeris being fully in love with Cloud, they would not have even bothered to include her connection with Zack in the first place. It would literally be a pointless addition. I'm sure all of you know that when analyzing a story we must assume everything has a reason to it. Honestly, I would REALLY like to what that reason is from the opposing stance.
I just kinda saw it as tying up loose ends I guess.

If Aeris was truly "over" him/never really took the relationship seriously, then there is NO justification for including it in the story in the first place!
It would seem pointless for Aerith to mention her old BF if he wasn't going to show up. That's really what I thought about that.

The fact of the matter is, Zack was a ggiantic catalyst to Aeris' character. Maiden sort of shat over this fact with Aeris' callous attitude towards him. Not to say that this was really a huge deal breaker for the story, but it IS contradictory to OG Aeris. I would agree that CC did not really keep in line with OG Aeris, but I will say that her relationship with Zack is consistent with the writing of the OG.
Not if you take Maiden for what it is and read that she loved Cloud MORE than Zack. I dunno, seemed playful and cute to me. I don't know what you expected her to do really.

Last thing, Aeris was not obsessed with Zack. No more than Elmyra was obsessed with Mr. Gainsborough at least. It sounds far too disparaging to call her "obsessed." She was mourning her dead boyfriend, and in somewhat denial about it. I don't really see how that unhealthy, it's just her way of coping.
There you go.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

It would seem pointless for Aerith to mention her old BF if he wasn't going to show up. That's really what I thought about that.

That's the point. It's pointless to bring up the dead boyfriend if he doesn't matter. Ergo, He is important to the plot, to the intercharacter dynamic, even though he's dead. Why? Because Cloud 'is' him and Aerith sees him in Cloud.

Not if you take Maiden for what it is and read that she loved Cloud MORE than Zack. I dunno, seemed playful and cute to me. I don't know what you expected her to do really.

If you think that's taking Maiden for what it is, you are not reading Maiden.
'I love him more than my first love, let me think of him, oh, HI, first love I've summoned because he thought I was thinking about him' is NOT enforcing the idea that Aerith actually loved Cloud more.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

I think you missed the point.

...I really think you missed the point. It would be far more effective story telling if Zack was never included into Aeris' story in the first place. Aeris' lingering feelings for Zack make her feelings for Cloud seem suspicious.

Also, haven't read Maiden in years but Aeris seemed rather... unenthused for seeing someone dear to her after a long time. It goes against how distraught she acted in the OG.

There you go.

That's the part where I agreed with you :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Ryu-ka-byu said:
That's the point. It's pointless to bring up the dead boyfriend if he doesn't matter. Ergo, He is important to the plot, to the intercharacter dynamic, even though he's dead. Why? Because Cloud 'is' him and Aerith sees him in Cloud.
Loony-ka-boony said:
...I really think you missed the point. It would be far more effective story telling if Zack was never included into Aeris' story in the first place. Aeris' lingering feelings for Zack make her feelings for Cloud seem suspicious.
No I see your point now and I never really thought about it. But it's a good point.

That's the part where I agreed with you :monster:
It's nice to agree isn't it?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Oh, and a note about Crisis Core: AERIS' CHARACTERIZATION SUCKED BALLS

I disagree with this. I don't get how Aerith's character sucked balls. No offense, but only Cleriths seem to think this way. XD Is there a reason for that? Is it just because that Aerith was a bit more timid in her younger years?

At 17 she is a fucking retard who falls over Zack like a brainless schoolgirl.

Aerith was not BRAINLESS in Crisis Core, and she wasn't a school girl. Is it hard to believe that Aerith is lonely? And that she longs for the normal life that others have? Is it so wrong for a girl to dream, and to want a compainion? Is it so wrong for Aerith to act like a *gasp* a human being?! You act a lot differently than you were as a child, also. I know I was a spunky child that got into trouble, but when I grew I up I was shy and more reserved.

Aerith is not a moron in CC. In fact, she rather smart. She's still flirty and sweet. This is what happened in four years - she grew up! Because of Zack, she opened up more. Heh, she even used some of his lines on Cloud. XD I don't see how this is the writers fucking up Aerith's character.

crack

Donator
Aerith was not BRAINLESS in Crisis Core, and she wasn't a school girl. Is it hard to believe that Aerith is lonely? And that she longs for the normal life that others have? Is it so wrong for a girl to dream, and to want a compainion? Is it so wrong for Aerith to act like a *gasp* a human being?! You act a lot differently than you were as a child, also. I know I was a spunky child that got into trouble, but when I grew I up I was shy and more reserved.
THANK you. What the hell does falling in love have to do with being fucking retarded, and why the hell is it retarded for Aerith to fall in love? And even if she loved Zack because she was acting like a premature schoolgirl at that time, no one can deny that most girls her age act like that and considering the fact she had hardly anybody to connect to.

lol at people think her character is a fucking retard because her love for zack is shown. gasp.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Uh no that's not it at all. People think she's brainless because she acts like it. She can love Zack all she wants... it's the obsession that I have a problem with.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
89 letters... idk, I'd have stopped after 5 if I didn't hear back but that's just me.

crack

Donator
Uh no that's not it at all. People think she's brainless because she acts like it. She can love Zack all she wants... it's the obsession that I have a problem with.
If Aerith's obsessive, I don't even want to know what the fuck Tifa is.

How is she brainless or obsessive?

so a few cut scenes show her interacting with zack flirtatiously. that's obsessive and brainless.

mind = blown

The letters hardly show obsession. She's dedicated, and she's worried. How is that obsessive of her to write to Zack when he himself wanted nothing more but to see Aerith? Is that obsessive too?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
it just seems like overkill to me. and i mean really... what did she write about?... you'd think after the 55th letter or so she'd run out of things to say.

on the other hand it's nice to see that even with the letters and what not you guys don't see her as obsessed.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Okay, now you have to be trolling. =/ I want a REAL example of how Aerith is brainless in Crisis Core. Loving Zack is NOT an example of a good reason. How the hell is she obsessed with Zack, because she writes letters to him? I don't know about you, but if the love of my life went missing for four years, I'd be a little fucking devastated. Zack opened up a whole new world to her, and was a HUGE impact on her life. Writing to him was probably a comfort to her, and also a hope that maybe he'd write back some day. 89 letters does not make her obsessed, it makes her a damn amazing woman. I can't believe I even have to defend Aerith here! What a stupid reason (no offense) to say Aerith's character is SHIT in Crisis Core. She does NOT have rocks for brain, obviously she can think and act on her own. But she has her weaknesses too, that's what makes her a good character!

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
89 over four years.

It's not like she wrote him every day.

More like four and a half, roughly, but yes.

So, 234/89 = 2.62921348.

So she sent one roughly every two and a half weeks.
Obsessive? No. Missing the boy? Yes. Over him? Hardly.

RawrieStrife

Rawr - I <3 U !!!
I had a crush on a guy from grade 1 until now. We were good friends. Does that make me an obsessive, brainless, school girl?????

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I love how whenever I say something the majority disagrees with it's trolling.

Okay, now you have to be trolling. =/ I want a REAL example of how Aerith is brainless in Crisis Core.
Honestly you'd have to ask Zee and Winter I was just going off on what they said :monster:

89 letters does not make her obsessed
Good.

If you honestly think 89 letters isn't an obsession, then good I'm glad. I've heard people say she was obsessed and I figured that was one of the reasons. To me it seems like a bit much... I mean she can be devastated and what not, that's fine, I just think that after the umteenth time he didn't write her back, she'd have stopped.

No loving someone doesn't make you obsessed, but certain actions you take when you DO love someone can come off that way.

Also can we please stop accusing me of saying things I never said. I never said she didn't have a right to miss Zack or that loving Zack was what made her obsessive.

Also Tifa is an obsessive bitch! Loving one man her whole life?! What a brainless school girl!
Hey Ryu said these kind of comments have long since worn out their welcome. Cease them or face his wrath. :awesome:

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Obsessive would be more like how she was in FFVII, not letting Cloud leave her house and following him when he told her to stay home.

JUST SAYING

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
oh for the love of...

besides who wouldn't be obsessed with Cloud, he's cute :monster:

Top Bottom