FF 20th Anniv Ultimania: Characters

So, this project has changed slightly, so new first post. :monster:

http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/20thannivultimanias/

This is where all the scans I do will be uploaded (ya, got my scanner working again to do images).

I also realized that the book was just small enough to be able to scan two pages together. All pages will be like this now, including me redoing the FFVII ones.

Eventually, I plan to have this entire book scanned for everyone. Right now, I'm taking section/game requests, so that the stuff people really want will be done first, and the rest later. I have a month off of school, so I can do it bit by bit.

I will be leaving my computer on tonight to let all the images I've done so far be uploaded.  The sections I'm currently scanning in are: FFVI, FFVII and FFIX.

If there are many pages you want me to redo (because you can't read the words from the scan for example) just tell me. :monster:
Update: All three of those sections are up now, and I organized them into albums.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Only if I could read Japenese...only know some...darn :(

But thanks though, pictures are always the best for the remembrance and nostalgic reasons.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thank you for these scans, they look very interesting.

However, I don't think there's going to be much new information in these, since all it covers is FFVII, and we've already done extensive translations about it in the more indepth FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, and there's of course the FFVII Ultimania Omega out there as well.

These pages seems like a nice, retrospective recap of FFVII in honor of the FF series' 20th Anniversary.

Honestly, I'd actually be more interested in seeing the scans and translations from the FFIX section, but that's just me personally :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
From looking through it quickly, it does seem to be pretty much what the other Ultimanias say (sometimes word-for-word, it seems).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, there's only so much that can be said about FFVII in each Ultimania :monster:

But I'd kill to know some of the more intricate plot concepts regarding FFIV, FFVI, and FFIX. They have a shitload of not-so-obvious plot points that need developing and of course, the rich world history.

Like apparently, the world of Terra, literally is INSIDE of Gaia in FFIX. Furthermore, it kinda resides in some separate dimension or something. That's what I remember off hand from FFIX's Ultimania.

For personal interest's sake I wouldn't mind scanning in some other stuff if you guys really wanted it. And I do think that some people would like to see these if for nothing but just seeing them, if there's no new information, than translations are not needed.

I was curious about the sections about the minor characters, the last couple of pages. All of the sections for the other games have references to a whole bunch of minor characters.

So... tell me specific game sections you'd like me to scan in and it shouldn't be a problem for me to do over this christmas break (I might even do some tonight since I'm bored with school and exams all finished up). XP
Also, you'll see the last page talks about other games and the movie. There's also at the end of every game's section an "Ultimania Check" that connects the games I think (there are always pictures from many different games) which I've thought looked interesting.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is there a special section devoted to FFIX and the history of its world and stuff?

Because I'd love to see some information on that about how Terra was inside of Gaia, how the assimilation of Gaia took place, and the like.

I can't seem to find the original FFIX Ultimania translations that were around, so maybe you can help me out? It'd be greatly appreciated ^^

Yes. All the games from I-XII (including XI) have sections roughly the size of the FFVII one (no other games, like Tactics or Crystal Chronicles, but they do get randommentionsin those "Ultimania Checks" it seems).

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Oh man I've been really wanting to read alot of the other FF's Ultimanias. I remember the FF8 one being translated a while ago, but I think it was taken down :(

and the FFIX stuff Makoeyes mentioned has always intrigued me aswell. Alot of stuff in that game was oonly vaguely explained. I'm especially curious if the creators remark on the connection between Necron and the Iifa Tree.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Oh, that's too bad, because i think that the second book would be more suitable to answer questions regarding the games' plot.

Nevertheless, i'm looking foward for your FFIX scans.

Could you scan the FFVI pages also, please?:)

Stuff should be up in an hour or so (just taking a while to get them all up on photobucket). I think all of FFVI is up, IX and VII are in the process. Tell me if you see any missing page numbers too.

Oh, and it would be awesome if those of you who can read Japanese see any interesting tid bits to post them for those of us who can't. I'd love to know some of the FFVI stuff. :monster:

I would love that as well, as I'm sure many others. EDIT: I totally already said that... go me.

Since no one's posted in here since I scanned them, are there any other sections anyone's interested in? Or should I just leave it as is for now? I don't mind scanning more stuff in, but since I can look at the book any time I want to make sure there's someone else who will enjoy it.

FYI, I will be getting the second one, Story, in the near future, when my creditcard is finally paid off. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sorry for the lack of feedback! I still got to get that Tseng profile posted too, sorry I've been moving so slow.

Well when you get the story ultimania, FFIX and FFVI would be very interesting to see ^^

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If I had something to scan and contribute I would but alas I do not.

Thanks, though, Balthea. :monster:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
If we're making requests, I would of course love to see Lucrecia's section translated. :D Been waiting forever for that.

Top Bottom