3D Modelling Stuffs

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yeah, Blender's interface makes Photoshop's look simple. :P

But be glad you're starting out with Blender 2.7. I started using Blender back when it was 2.4 and that UI was way harder to use. So many options could only be accessed with keyboard shortcuts...

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yeah, Blender's interface makes Photoshop's look simple. :P

But be glad you're starting out with Blender 2.7. I started using Blender back when it was 2.4 and that UI was way harder to use. So many options could only be accessed with keyboard shortcuts...

That's something I really hate. Ive never been able to learn keyboard shortcuts in any program, which does hold me back with some programs. The good thing about Maya was a lot of stuff was accessible from the left mouse button.

The tradeoff is the ability to look at tutorials, and the community behind blender.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I can't figure out why this isn't rendering properly
Tifarender1_zps4qhla4wd.jpg

Should look like this

TIFAWIP1_zpsdr3hrk1n.jpg

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
At first glance I'd say problem with face normals. If that's the case, when you're in Edit mode check the Shading/UV tab on the left hand side panel, select all the faces and click "Recalculate". In a general manner, if you set the shading of an object as "Smooth" and you see weird shading artifacts, Face normals is probably the issue. Btw, even for test renders maybe it would be beneficial for you to make a lighting rig in order to get a better illumination of the rendered objects. I think right now you may only have the ambiant lighting from the grey background and perhaps the small light you get upon starting up.

EDIT: - On second glance I'm thinking of a z-fighting problem, which can surely be worked out (let me know if you'd want tips for that issue). You may have problems with the camera clipping distances. Although I don't really know why the face object wouldn't render selectively.

In any case, it's often hard to judge if you can't see how things are within Blender. I can be available to take a look at your file if you wish to.

EDIT- EDIT: At third glance it only looks like the face object is not being rendered, but the other objects are rendered as if the face was present. Maybe it's simply in the properties of the face object.

Last edited:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Reworking the face shape a bit. There' a fine line between looking too thin and a bit puffy

Tifawip2_zpsbb48oh5w.jpg

Tifawip3_zpsmwmel7c9.jpg

Pixel

The Pixie King
This isnt textured or anything. I need to give everything a rocky texture and draw the murals in hd. The murals actually seem squished in the original, so I've widened it a bit, so circles in the mural will look circular. Also, simulating fire :/

Muralwip3_zpsap4sg7v1.jpg

Muralwip4_zpsbekpb7qp.jpg

Pixel

The Pixie King
I still don't really know what I'm doing. Theres a program called crazybump or something, which my antivirus doesn't like. It creates bump maps and stuff for textures, but I don't really know if the mural should be painted on. I need to find a noob turorial that's similar to what Im trying to do.

Muralroomwip1_zpsm1ichptn.jpg

If I can recreate this and Aerith's church, I could use it as a way of framing the narrative of a retrospective video series, like Gametrailers Timeline series. I've wanted to do it for a long time, but I wanted it to have production value. Imagine Aerith's church with the stained glass depicting something in the narrative, then gameplay, music and narration

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I personally use MindTex instead of Crazbump. MindTex is free.
I tend to use heightmaps rather than normal maps, ambiant occlusion is very useful as well.
As for the murals, I think you simply need to export your UV layout and spend a fair amount of time on Photoshop (or equivalent) to generate your texture. IMO you can perfectly dissociate the mural drawings from the bumps, unless you want the drawing to exhibit some thickness (which I think is not needed). Then you can combine images in any number of ways when creating materials within Blender, I personally was happy with the node editor they have for it.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Just found out about the array modifier for duplicating objects in a row. That would have cut down a lot of time with the pillars in the mural room. Figured I'd just experiment and block out aerith's church. I should be able to do the window with the array modifier. Then the light will shine in and look a bit more interesting.

churchwip_zpshtw6sjwt.jpg

churchwip3_zpsevai6gfh.jpg

churchwip4_zpsulw2pcei.jpg

Churchwip5_zpsupyi2rnk.jpg

Churchwip7_zpswpcuwsyk.jpg

Churchwip9_zpshrdt4zkh.jpg

churchwip13_zpswmhdfcck.jpg

ChurchWip15_zpsr0otmhek.jpg

Churchwip16_zpsku9etego.jpg

Top Bottom