A Friendly Reminder: Clubs are Post Count Sections

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Since we don't have the nifty VBulletin announcement function, I'm just going to post this here and hope people read it.

The clubs are a post count section, meaning, if you open up a club, you better make sure that it has discussable value. There's been too much spam and chit chat in the clubs. It's starting to suck activity away from the other discussion sections and if it keeps up I'm going to have to start moderating heavily and closing some clubs.

So again, I remind everyone: Don't spam and post some discussion and meaningful text. The clubs are not just to exchange videos, fanart, or chat with friends. If you want to do that, go to General Chat or PM your friends.

And don't be afraid to post ELSE WHERE too.

Any thoughts, or whatever, go for it :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
OOOOOOOoooo LOOK AT ME I'M MAKO, I HAVE E-POWURS.

nigger.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
QUIT SPAMMING MY SRS ANNOUNCEMENT FUCKER :MONSTER:

@Daryl

Hence me stating it to staff too :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
HEY FUCK YOU MAN. FUCK YOU!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, fuck you :monster:

Seriously, I take it nothing else has to be said on the topic? I just want it clear we need to try to keep a general level of discussion and activity going so our forum will sustain itself. I don't intend to be a spam nazi, but I definitely must make sure we don't turn into gamefaqs.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, agreed. No desire to see the clubs become "omfg he's so hawt" "orly" "yeah
"no rly". Blah blah blah.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=282.msg6922#msg6922 date=1231537831]The clubs are a post count section, meaning, if you open up a club, you better make sure that it has discussable value. There's been too much spam and chit chat in the clubs. It's starting to suck activity away from the other discussion sections and if it keeps up I'm going to have to start moderating heavily and closing some clubs.[/quote]

I will update my own clubs with this rule and I note that I accept it (as a club member and leader).

Though, I do wish clarification on these issues:

Why does post count matter so much?

I can see what you mean, about taking away from the other discussion threads. No problem there, as what you say makes sense.

Still, it seems there's so much (unneccessary?) emphasis on post count and content. :-\

The situation sometimes seems a tad more strict than perhaps need be. Of course, this is my opinion.

May I be told why? (Okay, I can see, handle problems now before more people and more of the same becomes unmanageable chaos.)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Mako and Dacon make me think of Jack Lemmon and Walther Malthau ala Grumpy Old Men, respectively. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=282.msg6937#msg6937 date=1231540980]
must make sure we don't turn into gamefaqs.
[/quote]

Geez, you couldn't have said anything more stupid on this.

gb2bed fgt.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
although a little of spam never hurt anything, consistent amounts of it leads to a derailing of the topic and a pointlessness for there even being a topic.

Time and place, basically.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Daryl said it best really. If there's no order in terms of topic then it just becomes pointless. We don't want to encourage people to just feel like they can post whatever they want just because its a club and a different section.

And yeah, better to say it now before it happens for so long it kinda gets too hard to change.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
On post count, it's not viewable in people's postbit bit thingy anymore, and I'm personally in favor of not giving a shit on postcount. Each section has postcount enabled, because each post you made is a poast (orly?) and as such should count as one. My logic is irrefutable, :monster:.

I'd like to add to Mako's post a note to club leader(s). If you happen to see a discussion start in your club section that could warrant its own separate thread, don't hesitate to either report the thread or contact a moderator (or do it yourself if you happen to be a moderator) to split the thread into its own discussion thread. This will encourage more discussion on the subject, and keep the clubs clean and focussed.

The same (~ish) applies to the club's members or posters, if there's a lot of either off-topic, nonsensical or contentless posts, it's your main responsibility to remind that poster of the rules (even / especially if it's staff or his name ends with 'uthulhu', :monster: ) that apply everywhere on the forum. If that doesn't make that poster change his or her behaviour, feel free to contact a moderator or report posts.

I'd like to see the clubs become self-regulating, where the club leaders and members work together in keeping the clubs clean and not suck up all the activity.

I'd like to re-emphasize on topics that could go into their own thread. If you happen to notice or come up with an interesting topic through your club, feel free to either open up a new thread or have the thread split off. This applies to any discussion btw, whether it's about your thread's subject itself, its fanstuffs (art, homoerotic proze, etc), or something completely different (i.e. general discussion).

This'll expand forum activity, and be Great and Just.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I was going to write something up, but cba - is there anyone else who knows their English?

Also, a thread rename would be appropriate - in fact, I'd even go as far as forbid the usage of any reference to 'post count', :monster:. Every section has post count, and nobody cares about post count.

Top Bottom