A Humble Request

Wolf Kanno

Memento Mori
I have had the recent fortune to obtain a copy of the FFVI Ultimania style books: Settei Shiryou Hen and its companion guides. I was starting a project on the forum I moderate on to get it translated cause my kanji skills suck and have come to learn there are not as many people on my forum that has very fluent Japanese translation skills.

So I am asking if there is any possible interest to get this set up as a project here. The site has a very good reputation in terms of translation work and quality. The main character/story guide is short, so it wouldn't actually be a huge undertaking if that is a factor. I've scanned all of the Settei Shiryou Hen and uploaded them in a few places, though I will admit I probably could have done better with the scanning process (I refused to break the binding) but I tried to everything presentable.

So is this a possibility sometime in the future or do you feel there is not enough interest? :(

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I would be very much in favour of this. It almost makes me wish I knew Japanese so I could help.

Wolf Kanno

Memento Mori
Yeah, my own translation skills are pretty crappy which is why I'm seeking help, otherwise FF24 will be out by the time I'm finished. :)

Wolf Kanno

Memento Mori
Sorry to W-Post but I can't find an edit option...

Anyway...

Here's two links for the scans so people can at least look at them and enjoy them. Some of the pages have circled the web for years but others will be new. :awesome:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fa...ryou-hen-translation-project.html#post2969666

^ This is a link to the forum I originally posted everything. I did my best to post the images in order of how they appear in the book.

http://s911.photobucket.com/albums/ac314/Wolf0Kanno/

^This is from my Photobucket page, its much more disorganized I'm afraid which is why I posted the forum link. I haven't had time to organize everything I'm afraid. :(

Even if I can;t get it translated, its nice to know the story/character book is uploaded for people to enjoy. I plan on uploading the other three books someday but my scanner died so I have to do everything on campus now. :shifty:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Assumedly, this content would show up on the TLS main site as well as your own?

Wolf Kanno

Memento Mori
Assumedly, this content would show up on the TLS main site as well as your own?

Yes, I have no intention of not giving credit where its due, so I would be happy for TLS to use this for their main site as well, and spread the love. I just want it translated, and I've obviously not getting much luck from my own stomping ground. Obviously anyone here who helps is free to do with the images and translations as they wish, since it would be unfair to monopolize any of this. I also have no issues of TLS to use this for their own main events and whatnot cause chances are, it will be TLS that will be doing most of the translation work considering how bad my luck is on my side of the equation.

I only posted the link to eoff cause it was faster and more organized than the photobucket link I have, otherwise I would have posted them here sooner but being new to these forums I wasn't sure how long I had to post before I could even do links cause of bot checking.

Here's the Settei Shiryou Hen in its entirety.

VtStUNI2SUPfl-1.jpg

Scan11-04-071201.jpg

Scan11-04-071204.jpg

Intro.jpg

Contents.jpg

Relations.jpg

Tina1.jpg

Tina2.jpg

Lock1.jpg

Lock2.jpg

Edgar1.jpg

Edgar2.jpg

Mash1.jpg

Mash2.jpg

Cayenne1.jpg

Cayenne2.jpg

Shadow1.jpg

Shadow2.jpg

Setzer1.jpg

Setzer2.jpg

CelesandGau.jpg

RelemandStragus.jpg

Mog.jpg

SubCharacters.jpg

WindoOption.jpg

WorldMap.jpg

WorldHistory1.jpg

WorldHistory2.jpg

WorldHistory3.jpg

Timeline.jpg

InternationalSituation1.jpg

InternationalSituation2.jpg

InternationalSituation3.jpg

InterantionalSituation4.jpg

Narche.jpg

Figaro.jpg

SouthFigaro.jpg

MtKolts.jpg

Doma.jpg

Blackjack.jpg

Magitech.jpg

Scan11-04-071126.jpg

ijilidrcflHHr.jpg

Scan11-04-071131.jpg

rCfld9nxr.jpg

Scan11-04-071134.jpg

tztboL.jpg

Scan11-04-071136.jpg

IklIQaM-1.jpg

SWWtffly.jpg

Scan11-04-071141.jpg

Scan11-04-071145.jpg

Scan11-04-071146.jpg

Scan11-04-071143.jpg

flzCriQ.jpg

SYSTEMGUIDANCECI.jpg

Tfltfl1.jpg

Scan11-04-071151.jpg

tnUA1.jpg

Scan11-04-071153.jpg

enwcsa.jpg

Scan11-04-071156.jpg

tqtlrcj.jpg

Scan11-04-071159.jpg

There are three more books to scan as well but these guides are more like glorified strategy guides than anything else so I'm not sure if anything is relevant beyond getting the stats for Gogo and Umaro and a few extra pieces of artwork. That's why I haven't gotten to work on them yet, though not having a working scanner and nearly breaking my campuses scanner isn't helping... :no:

Wolf Kanno

Memento Mori
I've ran into a snag, thanks to school, and thanks to getting my grubby hands on Tron Legacy OST and the 20th Anniversary FF Ultimania guides. So I haven't really had time to sit down with a few kanji search engines and start translating stuff. :(

Top Bottom