A New Title for the FFVII Remake

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
After several interviews not-so-subtly bringing it up, it's pretty much certain at this point that the game isn't going to be called "FFVII HD" or even just "Final Fantasy VII" and the title in and of itself is gonna be something specific about the game being more than just the original. Until such a time as we find out what this is (i.e. this winter), I think that it's a topic worth discussing.

If I had to place my bets, I'd still put my money on some sort of "EC" subtitle.

Whether or not that comes to mean something like "Echoed Crisis" "Extended Compilation" or "Et Cetra" I have no idea. I kinda feel like it's gonna be, way out of left field like "Advent Children" was. Overall, since they've already gone through the first four letters of the alphabet as they've constructed their FFVII-centric games in the past, and I can't really see them breaking that pattern for this.

X :neo:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I would definitely like to see some sort of EC title, especially in the form of Echo. HD or Remake wouldn't do this justice.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
Ohhh, Echoed Crisis is smart. Like Crisis Core was the Crisis, but Sephiroth didn't die in that reactor and now it's happening again.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Hmm,

Final Fantasy VII EX (as in Extra or play off of "Ex-soldier")
Final Fantasy VII Again
Final Fantasy VII Revive
Final Fantasy VII Encore

Maybe lol

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Extra Cash: Final Fantasy VII
Entertainment Company: Final Fantasy VII
Eternal Couchpotato: Final Fantasy VII
End of Compilation: Final Fantasy VII
Ehrgeiz Costumes: Final Fantasy VII
Even Cooler: Final Fantasy VII
Endless Cutscenes: Final Fantasy VII
Emotive Cloud: Final Fantasy VII
Emancipated Console: Final Fantasy VII
Ethnic Caitsith: Final Fantasy VII
Etiquette Cid: Final Fantasy VII
Excluding Corneo: Final Fantasy VII
Effin Craycray: Final Fantasy VII

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Phony latin? Like: Fabula Nova Cashgrabus?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Final Fantasy VII: Emo Cloud does have a nice ring to it, and probably reflective of what they'll do to his character :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Final Fantasy VII: EURODICEUM 094 376/74 WEEKS.5 HD remaster

no I'm kidding

Final Fantasy VII: Episode Complete

or something like that. EC would be cool for obvious reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if the C was complete.

DarkCloud

Lv. 1 Adventurer
After several interviews not-so-subtly bringing it up, it's pretty much certain at this point that the game isn't going to be called "FFVII HD" or even just "Final Fantasy VII" and the title in and of itself is gonna be something specific about the game being more than just the original. Until such a time as we find out what this is (i.e. this winter), I think that it's a topic worth discussing.

If I had to place my bets, I'd still put my money on some sort of "EC" subtitle.

Whether or not that comes to mean something like "Echoed Crisis" "Extended Compilation" or "Et Cetra" I have no idea. I kinda feel like it's gonna be, way out of left field like "Advent Children" was. Overall, since they've already gone through the first four letters of the alphabet as they've constructed their FFVII-centric games in the past, and I can't really see them breaking that pattern for this.

X :neo:

Final Fantasy VII: Echoed Crisis sounds really cool.

Final Fantasy VII: Reunion

It doesn't just signify Jenova's Reunion now. It's meta.

Imagine this: Cool trailer plays. And at the end of it, the new logo pops up.

FINAL FANTASY VII
----------------------
R E M A K E

Then poof! "emake" disappears and is replaced with "eunion".

FINAL FANTASY VII
----------------------
R E U N I O N

In my head the EC thing is something that makes more sense for a post-DC sequel. Otherwise it feels backwards in my head. So either...

FFVII: Reunion or FFVII: Remastered

EDIT: Although I'd prefer them to not use "Crisis" in the title, because it has been used in two titles already, I can imagine the name "FFVII: Original Crisis" being a potential candidate for the remake. On one hand it can be misleading, because the 'original crisis' is what happened 2000 years prior to FFVII. On the other hand the original crisis is directly related to the threats that happen in FFVII, so you could make an argument for that title.

SXLqMEV.png

Now that I think more about it, another potential name for the remake would be "FFVII:Re". The Re could then stand for either Reunion, Remake or Remastered (or something else "re"). Such an unfinished title looks and sounds silly but to me it looks like just the type of silly name Square would choose.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
"We were planning on running down the alphabet until we got to R for Remake Crisis, but that would take 40 years, and I would hope that we surpass the original FFVII in that time. What's Final Fantasy IX? That didn't sell!"

Electric Company: Final Fantasy VII
Energy Corporation: Final Fantasy VII

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy VII Reunion does have a nice ring to it. I don't remember if the word "reunion" was mentioned a lot during the OG, but it was when I bought the FF VII Reunion Tracks CD a while back, I was like "Huh, that's an interesting title", and it contained the main theme, One-Winged Angel and Aerith's theme in full orchestrated glory. I feel like if they used it here too, it would make it kinda full circle sharing that aspect to evolve something like the music, in this case the graphics.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If they're trying to continue that naming theme with the alphabet... not that I mind, but I'm having trouble thinking of a good one. I like the Echoed Crisis X-SOLDIER suggested, sounds pretty cool.
Maybe the C could stand for Cetra? Not sure what the E would be for though.
Eternal Crisis? Well that sounds depressing...

Reunion as a subtitle would be cool too.

Ite

AKA
Ite
All jokes and snark aside (for the moment) I think that "Reminiscence" would be an incredible name for this game.

Reasons other than it is a fun word to say and sounds like a really mature video game title.

1. It plays into a major theme of the story (the importance of the past and the danger of obsession) (how ironic)
2. Is a reference to the Advent Children DVD feature which runs through the full story of FFVII, which is like three levels of meta
3. It's a pseudo-intellectual and poetic word, which will satisfy Square Enix's curious naming conventions. OK back to the snark!

Last edited:

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
The first thing that came to my mind with EC was Episode Cloud lol (but that's not the title that I'd like)

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy VII: EURODICEUM 094 376/74 WEEKS.5 HD remaster

no I'm kidding

Final Fantasy VII: Episode Complete

or something like that. EC would be cool for obvious reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if the C was complete.

LOL. SE does have a weird naming scheme these days. I don't get the Latin thing either. I wonder if the Japanese think Latin sounds cool or something (if the Japanese names are the same anyway).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Final Fantasy VII: Electric Chocobo

Top Bottom