About the "box"...(spoilers maybe?)

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
...if Reno and Rude didn't know Rufus had it, how did he get it to start with? I was always under the impression that Rufus got the box from Reno, who got it from Tseng and Elena before they were captured by Kadaj and them. But recently I was looking over some translations of the commentary from the staff and they said that Reno and Rude didn't know...

So how on earth did Rufus end up with Jenova's head?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They gave it to Rufus, but figured Rufus hid it somewhere they didn't know about, which...in essence they did.

Under his blanket :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Because he wanted to unhinge Kadaj and make things interesting. Rufus is such an arrogant sonofabitch after all.

Plus, he wanted to do something to stop Kadaj from playing "20 Summons" with the materia and the city of Edge.

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=107.msg1488#msg1488 date=1228990466]
Because he wanted to unhinge Kadaj and make things interesting. Rufus is such an arrogant sonofabitch after all.
[/quote]
This :monster:

It's... whatever that term is when you don't tell someone something so that they don't have to lie about it. Anyways, Reno and Rude weren't told he had it because then they could deny it easily. They knew he had it somewhere.

Plus, he wanted to do something to stop Kadaj from playing "20 Summons" with the materia and the city of Edge.
[/quote]
I could see that happening. And I think he also wanted to prove how dumb Kadaj was and how it was right there the whole time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Because he wanted to unhinge Kadaj and make things interesting. Rufus is such an arrogant sonofabitch after all.[/quote]

Which is why we all love him so much. :monster:

This probably more than anything else. Rufus acts like a dick but I doubt he wanted to see everything get destroyed.

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=107.msg1527#msg1527 date=1229010696]
This probably more than anything else. Rufus acts like a dick but I doubt he wanted to get destroyed.
[/quote]
Fixed :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=107.msg1536#msg1536 date=1229012958]
This probably more than anything else. Rufus acts like a dick but I doubt he wanted to get destroyed.
[/quote]
[/quote]

lol I suppose that is more true than what I originally said. :duhard:

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=107.msg1542#msg1542 date=1229014068]
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=107.msg1536#msg1536 date=1229012958]
[/quote]
[/quote]

lol I suppose that is more true than what I originally said. :duhard:
[/quote]
Most likley.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=107.msg1486#msg1486 date=1228990339]
And why the hell did he decide to reveal it? :monster:
[/quote]

For the 'DUN DUN DUUUNNN!'-factor, of course :monster:. I don't see any reason why anyone'd keep a box of head under one's blanket (or wear a blanket at all, for that matter), except to produce a plot twist and whatnot.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While it's true Rufus simply enjoys being an arrogant prick, Kadaj was about to summon again "Any requests for the next act?" so he decided it needed to stop. Even though AVALANCHE took out Bahamut, it took out a half-built building in the process.

And I'm pretty sure he wore the blanket so people wouldn't recognize him. He probably wouldn't be the most popular person in Edge if they found out he was alive. And it did allow for the line that made me a Rufus fan when I never was before, "A good son would've known."

It's also to hide his geostigma I'm sure, since he doesn't look too great when the cloak comes off (well, he looks great, but, you know...)

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=107.msg1690#msg1690 date=1229058562]
It's also to hide his geostigma I'm sure, since he doesn't look too great when the cloak comes off (well, he looks great, but, you know...)
[/quote]
Didn't he have it on his hand or something like that?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Rei Ayanami link=topic=107.msg1729#msg1729 date=1229088387]
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=107.msg1690#msg1690 date=1229058562]
[/quote]
Didn't he have it on his hand or something like that?
[/quote]

And his head, I think...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=107.msg1686#msg1686 date=1229057399]
And I'm pretty sure he wore the blanket so people wouldn't recognize him. He probably wouldn't be the most popular person in Edge if they found out he was alive.
[/quote]

The obvious Shin-ra bodyguards around him and him being in an (apparently) closed institution didn't ring any bells, I'm sure :monster:.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
The blanket was probably a remnant from the early version of AC, back when it was only half an hour long and what not. Rufus as the WCM was one of the earliest revealed characters, wheelchaired and cloaked.

Look at the first couple trailers that feature him; the scenes are drastically different from what actually appear in the film.

<<" That and he's probably a vain sonofabitch. :D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
IIRC, Rufus actually does wear the cloak at least in part for all the reasons people have mentioned. He is a theatrical sonofabitch, and so he couldn't resist the urge to pull his big reveal to Kadaj and go 'You tard, I've had it the entire time!'

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=107.msg1911#msg1911 date=1229191820]
They're in the AC special features. Unless...you torrented? Naughty naughty. :P
[/quote]

Actually, AC is one of the two DVD's I actually paid for, :monster:.

Top Bottom