ACC Announced For Europe, June 10

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
OH yah, I remember now. But he got some minor injuries to his face and that's it. Basically the bomb was a failure because no one else was hurt but the bomber.

I know it did but it was the local news that tried to make out it was some big story when the attacks in the London underground completely overshadow it. Don't underestimate the national news either, me and all my classmates nearly made it on there when we caused a local swine-flu scare on our last day at school. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway. I was just told that the new PS3s can't play blu-ray discs anymore, is that true? They removed the player as it was too expensive or something.
:lol: Still, it was funny... OK, my sense of humour is pretty morbid. "Ahh, you suck at making bombs! It goes off in your face and only singes your eyebrows!" XD

I think with the local news it was just shock that something like it could happen in the SouthWest, cos we're so out of the way, and about the only place down here people outside the UK have really heard of is Plymouth. And only that due to links with US history. :monster: And don't get me started about swine flu. Sooo blown outta proportion.

OK, kinda commited myself to a PS3, now, as I just picked up "Legendary" cos it was on sale. :lol: Also, GameXchange (or whatever they're called) have a PS3 (40GB, unboxed) for £200. And I'm really disappointed by the lack of decent PS3 bundles. -_- They all seem to come with Killzone2 for some frickin' reason.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Yeah, PS3 games are on BD, so it not being able to read them really wouldn't make a lot of sense.

No, it didn't make sense to me either but that's what I was told. Maybe I shouldn't be so gullible.

:lol: Still, it was funny... OK, my sense of humour is pretty morbid. "Ahh, you suck at making bombs! It goes off in your face and only singes your eyebrows!" XD

You scare me.

:awesome:

And don't get me started about swine flu. Sooo blown outta proportion.

Now now, people have started dying. It was also nice to hear after having really bad flu symptoms for a week that the school my Mum works in has several cases of swine flu. Maybe we should be more worried afterall.. nah.

Back on topic: The UK release must be July 27th afterall since it's already the 21st. I've yet to see it in English dub. I hope it's worth it after all this time.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Now now, people have started dying. It was also nice to hear after having really bad flu symptoms for a week that the school my Mum works in has several cases of swine flu. Maybe we should be more worried afterall.. nah.

Back on topic: The UK release must be July 27th afterall since it's already the 21st. I've yet to see it in English dub. I hope it's worth it after all this time.
I'll put this into context: last four weeks, four people have been killed by cows. :awesome: Yes, cows. Also, people die in this country from normal influenza, too. -_-

Well, the adverts in magazines convinced me. :awesome: I really couldn't see them taking out magazine ads if there was any doubt.
Nice to see there aren't any trailers for it on the UK PlayStation Store, wouldn't want Square Enix to break any traditions now would we. I plan to buy it in HMV Cardiff on Monday. What's all this talk of a Dissidia demo this week?
I'll be buying it from HMV Exeter, Tuesday. But, this is new about a Dissidia demo. :huh: What've you heard
boyo :P
?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I heard a wild rumour that the show on the US Store (Qore? Quorn?) revealed that a Dissidia demo would be out on July 23rd, other details being a mystery.
Well, the front page here seems to confirm that now. :awesome: Pity we're in the UK... and even when I get a PS3, I won't be able to access the online options, as they haven't brought Broadband to Middle-O'-Nowhere, Devon yet. :P

Back on ACC, d'you think it's too late to starting hoping for a British-English dub? :awesome: David Bowie as Sephiroth, Frankie Boyle as Cait Sith, Stephen Fry as Nanaki...

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
JULY 27TH EDIT:

Shockingly, as it turns out, the XIII, nor indeed the VIII demo were included in the UK ACC, and just contains the 7-min long XIII trailer that came with the American release, nothing else new is included. It's rated PG and has English and Italian subtitles for the extras. Even the menu screen is just a translated version of the Japanese one. The bits in the reminiscences aren't English-dubbed. Safe & Sound isn't there, it's Calling.

In short, it's exactly the same as the American version.
Well, that sucks. :huh: Also, the animated bit? Case of Denzel. Before I say it sucks, I'll go home and watch it. :awesome: But I wanted Last Order!!! It's awesome!

I bet this "Calling" song isn't even the uber one from The World Ends With You, either... -_-

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL the big red X over the Himuro and Way pic was an awesome touch. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
omg, epic :monster:. Now you mention it, touches like that make our site and news coverage stand out. Although one might comment on the placement of said image.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
You can move to a better placement if preferred. I just wanted an image, to tie in with the announcement that'd grab attentino, and have been typing up / poasting while my boss isn't looking, so it's probably not perfect.

Also - I'm seeding the information to the My Chemical sites to try and get activity from new people / moar information fgj.

X :neo:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Well, to be fair to the PAL BluRay, it says that the FFXIII demo is a video demo, not a playable one... :awesome: So, they didn't lie, they merely mislead us.

As for Case of Denzel, well, I take back what I almost said... although, I still would have liked to have Last Order on the BluRay... and, was I the only one to tear up when Reeve said
"oh, and Denzel? Thank you, for taking care of my mother towards the end"
? Damn you, Tuesti... *sniff*

But, ACC as a whole - somehow, much more awesome than AC than it really should be. And thanks for SE for not over-reusing the images from Marlene's beginning voice-over throughout the film. And I'm surprised it's only a PG, due to how graphic the effects of Geostigma are now, and
how badly Sephiroth messes up Cloud

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Do you mean PG as in the PAL rating? What was AC rated over there? Here it was PG-13.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
o_o' Whoops, yeah, sorry, my bad. Yes, ACC was a PAL PG, as was AC. Which I think is the same as a US PG-13. (There's a difference between how the BBFC in the UK classifies things and how whatever the US censor board is called classifies stuff.

Example: PS2 version of Altered Beast - rated 15 in the UK. Deemed too violent in the US for release!)

But still, I've thought about it, and realised that compared to, say, Princess Mononoke, which was also a PG over here, ACC is actually fairly tame. (The Mononoke English dub actually has the word piss in it, so yeah.)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Shin Megami Tensei III Notcture/Lucifer's Call:
Europe: Rated 12+
US: Mature

Japan: Suitable for all ages :monster:

The mysteries of ratings.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Shin Megami Tensei III Notcture/Lucifer's Call:
Europe: Rated 12+
US: Mature

Japan: Suitable for all ages :monster:

The mysteries of ratings.

Naw, Japs make tentacle pron and worse, so they're used to worse shit. Same with Yurp - we've got Germans.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Germany wants to ban violent video games. :monster:

We're also on the verge of becoming China because of this new law that allows them to censor the net although of course they claim it's just for child pr0n.

Bleh. My country sucks. =/

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Awwwwwwww my poor Tettybear *hugs*
OMFG TETTYBEAR!?!?!? *dies of embarassment on Tetsujin's behalf*

Before this gets too OT, I'm still working on a British dub cast for AC/ACC :monster: , but I'm stuck on someone to voice Cloud. Note that David Tennant (The Doctor in Dr Who) would be my first choice for Zack. :awesome:

Top Bottom