• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Accommodations for Kupocon: The Big Pom

AvecAloes

Donator
Carlie and Lith - if you guys want to meet up for dinner or drinks or lunch or whatever I can probably do that at some point! Classes start this week but hopefully I won't be drowning?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Of course I'm down on you both. :awesome:

25YBFJl.png

Hot damn, and she used a Chris Evans meme to illustrate her point. :wacky:

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN FRIENDSHIP?!?!

latest

Imagine it says 'friendship'.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Channy, we've felt plenty bad for you and you know it. You've spent the past however many months telling us weedling away at us with comments and jibes because some of us could go and you couldn't.

We lamented those who couldn't be there. You have a wedding in April in expensive Las Vegas that takes priority. We get it.

I love you to death but this is bullshit. It's straight up bullshit. If you talked to any of us who were there, you'd be surprised to find out how much you came up in conversation and how much we wished you could have been there. I sincerely apologize if you thought we were dicks to you when we posted photos and videos galore on social media making jibes at you but don't bring it up again on here after those of us who attended KupoCon just parted ways this morning.

Most of us are pretty damned depressed now that we're back home and have had to say goodbye to friends that some of us got to meet for the first time, with KupoCon a myriad of pleasant memories that will begin to grow distant once we get back to our daily routines. Having you coming in here off of Skype with more of this 'woe is me' commiserating shit trying to make us feel bad is pissing me off. We just came off of a great fucking weekend and we don't need to feel bad because you were unable to be there. It's not our damn fault you were unable to make it, so stop trying to make us feel bad at every turn.

You're tired of the bragging and the showing off because we had a great time and acquired a bunch of cool stuff? Tough shit. We had a good time and we're going to talk about it and show it off. Save up for the next KupoCon and the party we have next year when you're in attendance (assuming there is another one) will put the time we had this year to shame. Until then, fucking stop. I won't be made to feel bad because you couldn't make it and don't want us to brag.

EDIT:

This has been on my mind since yesterday and I can't shake it. So congo rats to you; at least one of us has been feeling seriously bad.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
Attention-seeking is annoying, especially when it's done in a way to try to make others feel bad for having a good time. Didn't you get married this weekend? Focus on the good in your life! You want us to congratulate you and think fondly of you, but when you do nothing but gripe and complain and make snide remarks, what do we have to think fondly about?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I love you to death but this is bullshit. It's straight up bullshit. If you talked to any of us who were there, you'd be surprised to find out how much you came up in conversation and how much we wished you could have been there. I sincerely apologize if you thought we were dicks to you when we posted photos and videos galore on social media making jibes at you but don't bring it up again on here after those of us who attended KupoCon just parted ways this morning.

Considering that I got a whopping 3 "suck it channy" tags on fb, you're surprised that I'm a little bitter about it? Add to the fact that I had to practically beg four of you separate times to try get a shout out to me and Flare (a nice, genuine, we missed you, because that's what I wanted).. yeah, it's been a pretty sucky weekend. I would have loved to be there (I mean God I've known Tennyo almost 10 years, I would die to meet her) and going to New York has always been one of my dream trips. Being poor and having another trip take precedence is one thing, but I couldn't even fathom trying to scrounge money for this trip because our CAD is 73cents to your dollar. It wasn't even remotely in the cards. And I was insanely jealous.

Seeing Ite the day before he left was a fraction of the fun I could have had with everyone else, and I was excited to share that with you on skype because that's all I was going to get, which was returned with aforementioned suck it the following days.

So have I been snide the last day or two? Sure, I'm sarcastic and deflective because that's my coping mechanism rather than sounding sad and desperate which I could have been. I mean, woe is me that I had to have a fucking wedding to try and get through the weekend? Like dude, I'm pretty pathetic tbh. And Mr Channy's trying to talk me off a ledge for getting so upset over a bunch of internet people... which is funny because at this rate, that's all you'll ever be to me.

But you're right, I've been a miserable pile of shit last few days because that's how I've felt and I'm sorry. He calls me out on it all the time, this is just... sort of a thing I do. But you don't have to worry, I won't say anything about it to you again.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've not been a part of the bragging before or after...but I have to say that if you didn't make such a huge deal about the whole thing with the "hope the train you're taking crashes and you all burn in the fiery depths of the metropolitan underground." and such I don't think anyone would have given you a hard time. That fact that people called you out specifically is proof of that. That you would engage in such aggressive snark and then be angry that others gave you shit to a significantly less-serious degree sounds pretty silly.

AvecAloes

Donator
The accumulation of the "suck it, Channy"s were in poor taste, I agree. I think that that sprung from what people had maybe seen as playful banter coming from you for the last several weeks, if not longer. They might not have taken seriously how upset you were about it, because it seemed like you were just being difficult. In all seriousness, nearly every post that Lith, Tenny, or Carlie made about how excited they were about the upcoming con was followed by a negative and/or jealous post by you. That takes away from the fun a bit. You want people to be excited and happy for you, but all I've seen in these Kupocon threads was negativity coming from you, instead of you being excited and happy for them. I say all of this with no personal stakes or worry for how you might take it; I have no horse in this race. Your need for affirmation and positive attention was great, and your giving of affirmation and positive attention was lacking. It's hard to respond well to that. There's no reason now to be morose about it, and downplaying your wedding this weekend by saying it was a response to you not being able to go to the con isn't fair to yourself, your husband, or to anyone here who was truly happy for you regarding your nuptials. That was a great thing that happened! Don't try to make yourself feel shitty about it, or make us feel shitty about it by saying it was more about Kupocon than, you know, the reason to get married.

As for the "internet people" remark - do you feel that meeting in person is the only way to confirm friendship? It's also a slightly confusing sentiment to me. If you "only" hold them as "internet people" and not just "friends", why care so much about this situation that you have to be talked down from it?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Look, I'm sorry too. What I posted was harsh but it was how I felt, and I'm depressed as hell now too. I wish the weekend didn't have to end.

I'm sorry for the lack of shoutouts to you and Flare, but when all I have is my phone and I'm trying to conserve battery while running around in a city I haven't been to in almost 9 years, and I'm hanging out with a bunch of cool people, it gets overwhelming. I'm trying to take pictures, record videos, track down Tri-Pom cards, and navigate the confusing as hell subway system in NYC (and BOY do I have stories for you all) while simultaneously trying to stay off of social media and just enjoy the moments for what they are while hanging out with everyone else. Ugga. I am just so exhausted I can't even.

Channy, I love you. I'm glad you're married, and I'm even more happy that you guys actually get to have a ceremony and stuff. I wish I'd had one. :closedmonster:

I miss everybody. Especially my little Avec.

Pssst, should we post those pictures here in the forum for everyone else to squee over or wat?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
To address the 3 above (4? Ghost had a post? no?) in no specific manner but to otherwise hopefully resolve it, I've said what I said and don't have much else to say about it without going in a circle and repeating it. I was a dink. I know I was a dink. Some stuff was over the top, and I have a habit of just saying without thinking, as in Force's response. And it comes from a jealous, deflective place. My response hasn't all been to shit on the party, I praised Avec's cosplay and fawned over the merch Red was giving out. But the negative did outweigh the positive. I've just had a stressful day with work and where things stand and it's boiling over into my woe is me emotions now. I think I just need a break until it all blows over. Again, I'm sorry, I'm glad everyone had a bunch of fun, and I wish I coulda been there.

Ghost X

I made a post, but I deleted it. I was just trying to nip drama in the bud, but evidently don't know enough :monster:. Moral to the story though:

8Y3LopG.gif

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm sorry for the lack of shoutouts to you and Flare, but when all I have is my phone and I'm trying to conserve battery while running around in a city I haven't been to in almost 9 years, and I'm hanging out with a bunch of cool people, it gets overwhelming.

No need to be sorry to me, Lith. :properhug: I get what you mean and I personally wasn't bothered. I've just been happy to see what you guys did share over the weekend. It's been grand seeing the pics and vids and such. I missed you and everyone over the weekend, sure, but I love you guys a lot and feel really happy you got to experience that. <3 (That being said the one vid where you guys gave me a mention made me grin from ear to ear; it was a huge surprise. Believe me when I say I appreciated it! ^_^)

I'm personally determined to move forward in my life and get myself in a much better place to where next time I can come as well and meet you all too. And if there's no KupoCon next year, well..... TLS 2018 party, and I will plan it myself if I have to :awesome: (I'm serious!)

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm just going to imagine that for every pictures, there was a hundred times more shit going on :monster:

I haven't heard anyone go "what happens at kupocon stays at kupocon" yet though. Not sure if that's suspicious or the opposite of suspicious :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I got some Live videos, and some bits and pieces of all the events. Next KupoCon they should hire a freelance videographer to film the whole things (gestures to self with unsubtle grin). But yeah i am working on a way to consolodate and share what i have. i would kill for a decent video editor

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's decent semi-professional video making companies out there, we have them at the conferences and events my company organizes (like idk, a dozen events a year or so). Kinda lame but they make decent videos (example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqqajpee1NY ). People / small businesses like that shouldn't break the bank, given how high-quality and portable video equipment and editing is available for a lot of people nowadays.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I got VegasPro for my Elder Scrolls machinina. I'd throw something together if y'all wanted. We need a Dropbox or a google share place.

Top Bottom