Ad tests commencing

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
On request about ads:

Can they be set to always open in another tab/window?

Nope, sorry - we've got no influence whatsoever about how they work inside, only how they look and what they show.

Also, we made almost $2 yesterday, which would be plenty for now, :awesome:. 8 confirmed ad clicks, 8,300 impressions, that kinda thing.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Basically. :monster: Look around the site a bit.

Also site needs traffic. :monster: Hit's aren't worth much if your site has no traffic.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
:monster: Hit's aren't worth much if your site has no traffic.

fail9.jpg

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Don't overdo ad-clicking, Yop could probably actually get in trouble for that.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yep. This is just one additional reason I hate corporations. Though, to be fair, if they permitted it on a large scale people could get really fucking ripped off by it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I once read about a web company that lost a month's worth of ad revenue ($10,000 or $100,000, not sure) because there were people that clicked their ads repeatedly, and Google shut 'em off. Not sure how much that would be though. But just remember that each time you click an ad, not only do we get a few cents, but another person has to pay that same amount.

Not sure how Google's protecting that though - but I'm kinda sure there's prevention measures that'll prevent clicks from being counted if they suspect they're not done 'seriously'. So, don't 'spamclick' 'em. I would say 'Feel free to click on ads' before that sentence, but I'm not officially allowed to ask or request or make people click ads.

Mormz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dustin
Ⓐaron;160063 said:
Yep. This is just one additional reason I hate corporations. Though, to be fair, if they permitted it on a large scale people could get really fucking ripped off by it.

Yeah, I guess I can see that happening. Like a forum telling their members to constantly click ads to gain more money.

I guess it can go either way, really.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
One question, why in hell do I have to see the adds? Elitist Bastards should not be troubled with such trivial nonsense. Having adds on the front page of an Elitist Bastard isn't quite elitist, imho. :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
One question, why in hell do I have to see the adds? Elitist Bastards should not be troubled with such trivial nonsense. Having adds on the front page of an Elitist Bastard isn't quite elitist, imho. :monster:

dig into your pocket then you cheapskate.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
In all honesty, site staff and forum staff are both donators to TLS in their own sense. In fact, if it wasn't for said staff, this site wouldn't even be anywhere near where it is now. So I'm fine with disabling ads for site and forum staff if they want to.

I'll leave it on for admins though - I need to personally check to make sure the ads are still working an' shit :monster:.

I'll see if I can get it so that unregistered members / guests get more ads than registered members tomorrow btw, if I don't forget it and cba.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
No leave it on for them, they need to suffer like they make the member base suffer with their poor moderating skills. :awesome:

Top Bottom