Advent Children Complete North American Debut Trailer?

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=532.msg19118#msg19118 date=1234900636]
I say it's fake. It has to be. It's a load of bullshit.
BULLSHIT I SAY. :duhard:
[/quote]

I just got an email (from Square-Enix) stating this is not an "official or authentic" trailer for the upcoming Bluray release for North America, and they told me if any new "trailers/items/etc" do come up, it'll be on the website (NA Version) which I do hope they update.

Kind of weird, going to just www.square-enix.com takes you to the JP site...

/racism :o!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It is definitely fake but i can't believe GT would post something like that...its unlike them, not very good publicity either.

SE was always bitching at AC.net, hopefully they'll give GT some grief.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
GT is losing points with me.
Fist was that ridiculous GT Game of the Ear Awards 2008, now this fake..... come on GT...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The only way this trailer could be better is if Rick Astley popped up at the end. :monster:

All of the peeps at Kotaku.com seem to believe this is real though. XD

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=532.msg19253#msg19253 date=1234917779]SE was always bitching at AC.net, hopefully they'll give GT some grief.
[/quote]

I did not realize this. What kind of bitching was it?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think it was mostly "don't put up videos or audio (that Montreal screening one)".

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, I think the fact that S-E hasn't mentioned this on their website, or given AC Complete a US website yet would answer whether or not this was official..

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Wow. Well, I do believe it's a creative way to bring about the movie to English speakers, but... It's nothing for this film! In other words, I don't believe it fits the general theme of this movie at all - what others are saying 'it sucks.' *sigh* ::)

The narrator sounds like a vampire. Did I hear (and I swear it sounded like Cloud was haunted by) 'postal demons'?! Postal demons?! ;D lol I'm really laughing at that one. 'Forces of evil' - well, while that indeed, I just don't feel that's the best way to put it - again, not for this movie.

Agreed - I'm tempted to go into a bet as to if this is real or fake. If it's faked, it's indeed a very well made one... Ah - one thing! What is meant by limited worldwide release? I know what it means literally, but I mean - who'd be left out?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think by limited worldwide release they mean limited time. Why use worldwide if not every place gets it.

That said it has already been confirmed that this trailer is a fake. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=532.msg19674#msg19674 date=1235002468]
Did I hear (and I swear it sounded like Cloud was haunted by) 'postal demons'?! Postal demons?!
Well, he is a delivery boy.[/quote]

I'm glad that statement didn't get overlooked. Hopefully it made you laugh, 'cause I was like 'What?!'

[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=532.msg19670#msg19670 date=1235002269]That said it has already been confirmed that this trailer is a fake. :monster:[/quote]

Well, that's good. :) I read the other responses (some of them) after I posted.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=532.msg19668#msg19668 date=1235002016]
'Forces of evil' - well, while that indeed, I just don't feel that's the best way to put it - again, not for this movie.
[/quote]

Especially not when showing a picture of Rufus and Rude :monster: Talk about misleading. But, that part did get me to snicker.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
The thing that makes me thing that it's a fake is the release date.... SQEX never said about wordwide release....no official site on the US.... and...it will be released on april.... Sounds a bit strange

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Isabella link=topic=532.msg19674#msg19674 date=1235002468]Well, he is a delivery boy.[/quote]

Cloud has to brave a road haunted by the spirits of those who fell before him. *sniffsniff* I smell crack fic. :monster:

Tennyo I love your sig.

Thanks. ^_^

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Interestingly, that band "Frühbel" sent me a mail over myspace after I left a comment on their myspace page saying that this isn't official and they claimed it actually is and were very surprised they were chosen for this or something.

Wut.

I sent a mail to Square-Enix NA now. This just can't be right.
Where are the official announcements then? Where are the international websites for the movie? =P

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
Feels really strange Tesujin...let's see the next episodes.
This story is getting interesting.... looks like a terrible fake, no SQEX official announcement, but now this band claims that it's legit...... feels like self promotion to me...but....

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
PFFAHAHAHHAHAHAHA what the fuck is going on.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol I can't believe this guy!

I would laugh if he actually believes it is real yet it turns out that he just got had. XD

Isabella

Your Mom
He's in Germany; he'll never know!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT. And I feel fine. :monster:

But on a more serious note, you'd think it'd be available for preorder at Amazon if this were real.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You'd think it would actually be airing on MTV these people claim that it is.

You'd also think we would have a NA release date.

Anyway, I sent in inquiry to the NA members site and this is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

All content of our games is copyright SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. We regret to inform you that we do not grant permission to individuals to use any copyrighted content. Because we receive numerous requests, our policy is to decline any use of our copyrights. We currently are not granting permission to any one except our own business partners.

The Private Policy of SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd./SQUARE ENIX Inc. stating the use of materials, is as follows:

All game materials, including, but not limited to, their design, text, graphics, screen shots, files are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Any other use of materials of our games -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than that noted above, modification, distribution, or republication -- without the prior written permission of SQUARE ENIX is strictly prohibited. No materials of our games may be used on any other product, published, or otherwise performed in public.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
Neil- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

So... didn't exactly address my question but... I can take that as a no? lol

Isabella

Your Mom
I would just take that as a form letter. LMAO

The fake trailer is all over YouTube. SE needs to live up to its form letters and squash that shit.

Top Bottom