All-New All-Different Marvel

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Of the 45 announced these are my immediate thoughts on ones I'll be reading based on the summary and the covers:

All-New X-Men
Angela: Asgard’s Assassin
Captain Marvel
Daredevil
Ms. Marvel
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2099
Uncanny X-Men
Venom: Spaceknight

All-New All-Different Avengers (maybe)
All-New Wolverine (maybe)
Carnage (maybe)
Contest of Champions (maybe)
Extraordinary X-Men (maybe)
Guardians of the Galaxy (maybe)
Old Man Logan (maybe)
The Mighty Thor (maybe)
The Totally Awesome Hulk (maybe)
Ultimates (maybe)
Web Warriors (maybe)

My interests may still expand towards some and away from others between whatever Secret Wars has to offer between then & now insofar as interesting me in other folk, but we'll see.

X :neo:

I'm not one who keeps up with comic book stuff, but I have reactions to two covers.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I fell in love with this concept as soon as I heard it a few months ago. The sample pages I read looked really promising. Just the concept itself and that wonderful outfit makes me squee endlessly.

...is pregnant? Okay now you have my attention. Is this...the first time we see a pregnant superheroine on a comic book cover? Like, where the actual lady pregnant is the one the comic book is titled after? This feels new and I love it.

Serious amounts of girl power in this lineup. *thumbs up*

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Shademp: There're issues of Spider-Gwen out already from pre-Secret Wars, and you should totally read them.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Iron Man hard carry of Marvel <3 Is that doctor doom at the second pic?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Looks like biggest enemies of Mutantkind are gonna be the Inhumans...
Isn't that just full of metatext given how Marvel is trying to push the Inhumans to serve as the X-Men's substitutes in the cinematic universe? :monster:

And this whole thing with the Terrigen Mists is just Brian Michael Bendis levels of dumb. It's like he's still writing the X-Men.

To begin with, this idea is basically M-Day 2.0 -- i.e. a plot device that "threatens mutantkind with extinction" and prevents there being any more new mutants. It's also a plot device that only just got resolved three years ago in "Avengers vs. X-Men."

Other reasons it's dumb as shit:
-How is it that "the Terrigen Mists aren't just killing us...they've sterilized us as well"? If they're doing the former, the latter seems both unnecessary and somewhat untenable logistically
-Mutants aren't only born from other mutants in the first place. Why would sterilizing the mutant population prevent there from being new mutants?
-After M-Day, Terrigen Crystals were used to restore some mutants' lost powers. This plot development in which the mists are lethal to them is entirely from left field

On an unrelated note, articles like this always manage to annoy me with their inaccurate and often simply stupid commentary -- e.g. "He [Mister Sinister] was last seen in the Marvel Universe being thwarted by Spider-Man and some X-students, and then in Secret Wars on Battleworld as Baron Sinister where he all but cheated in a duel against Captain Britain."

Earth-616's Sinister was last seen being killed in "Wolverines." And the Baron Sinister from "Secret Wars" isn't the 616's Sinister.

And then there's this: "Like a lot of characters, Mr. Sinister has changed a lot over the years."

Really? No, he hasn't.

Anyway, All-New, All-Different Marvel is already a flop to me. Though I did laugh out loud at Young Jean actually asking for permission to read someone's mind for once.

Also, I'm calling it now: The Terrigen Mists killed Cyclops.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I hate to be that guy, but I'm just glad that Extraordinary X-Men seems to be taking all of the X-Men who frequently bug the bajeezus out of me and putting them on one team.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Avengers & Heroes
• Invincible Iron Man (no)
• A-Force (Maybe)
• All-New All-Different Avengers (Yes)
• Uncanny Avengers (probably not)
• The Mighty Thor (maybe)
• New Avengers (probably not)
• Ultimates (probably not)
• Doctor Strange (maybe)
• Captain Marvel (HELL Yes)
• Sam Wilson, Captain America (probably not)
• The Totally Awesome Hulk (Yes)
• Scarlet Witch (no)
• Ms. Marvel (HELL Yes)
• Illuminati (probably not)
• Hawkeye (probably not)
• Ant-Man (probably not)
• The Vision (maybe)
• Daredevil (probably not)

Spidey Squad
• Amazing Spider-Man (probably not)
• Carnage (Maybe)
• Spider-Woman (no)
• Spider-Man (HELL Yes)
• Spider-Gwen (HELL Yes)
• Silk (probably not)
• Spider-Man 2099 (Yes)
• Web Warriors (Maybe)

Space Squad
• Guardians of the Galaxy (Yes)
• Angela: Asgard’s Assassin (Yes)
• Drax (maybe)
• Star-Lord (Maybe)
• Venom: Spaceknight (HELL Yes)
• Nova (maybe)
• Contest of Champions (Yes)

Mutants
• Extraordinary X-Men (maybe)
• Uncanny X-Men (Yes)
• All-New X-Men (Yes)
• Old Man Logan (maybe)
• All-New Wolverine (Maybe)

Other
• Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. (maybe)
• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (probably not)
• Uncanny Inhumans (Yes)
• Karnak (Yes)
• Squadron Supreme (probably not)
• Howard the Duck (no)
• Deadpool (no)

For Sure Reading & Mega Excited
• Venom: Spaceknight (HELL Yes)
• Spider-Man (HELL Yes)
• Spider-Gwen (HELL Yes)
• Ms. Marvel (HELL Yes)
• Captain Marvel (HELL Yes)

Reading & Interested
• All-New X-Men (Yes)
• Uncanny X-Men (Yes)
• Guardians of the Galaxy (Yes)
• Angela: Asgard’s Assassin (Yes)
• Contest of Champions (Yes)
• Spider-Man 2099 (Yes)
• All-New All-Different Avengers (Yes)
• The Totally Awesome Hulk (Yes)
• Uncanny Inhumans (Yes)
• Karnak (Yes)

Want to try an Issue
• Carnage (Maybe)
• Star-Lord (Maybe)
• All-New Wolverine (Maybe)
• Web Warriors (Maybe)
• A-Force (Maybe)

Will try an Issue if it’s Good.
• Drax (maybe)
• The Mighty Thor (maybe)
• Nova (maybe)
• Doctor Strange (maybe)
• The Vision (maybe)
• Extraordinary X-Men (maybe)
• Old Man Logan (maybe)
• Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. (maybe)

Would Have to get a Really Good Reason to Read It
• Uncanny Avengers (probably not)
• New Avengers (probably not)
• Ultimates (probably not)
• Sam Wilson, Captain America (probably not)
• Illuminati (probably not)
• Hawkeye (probably not)
• Ant-Man (probably not)
• Silk (probably not)
• Daredevil (probably not)
• Amazing Spider-Man (probably not)
• Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (probably not)
• Squadron Supreme (probably not)

Can’t See Myself Reading
• Invincible Iron Man (no)
• Scarlet Witch (no)
• Spider-Woman (no)
• Howard the Duck (no)
• Deadpool (no)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you're going to read "Contest of Champions," you might as well read "New Avengers" and "Ultimates" as well. They have the same writer, all three will be playing with cosmic stuff, and the long-term plan (if they sell well) is for their stories to eventually intersect.

Also, Carol is a member of the Ultimates.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Contest of Champions most interested me because of Maestro & Gamora, but if they're all cosmic and connected to that, I can probably give them a go as well. Thanks, Tres~ :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Moon Knight & X-Men '92 are happening, and I'm quite excited for more of both of these things. I'm also glad that X-Men '92 is gonna be an AU title like Spider-Gwen is. (No idea about Mockingbird, but it is also a thing).

1445398499611409328.jpg

1445398499737716144.jpg

1445398499684854960.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Despite the hilarity inherent in implying anything looks to be different about "All-New, All-Different Marvel," I'm annoyed by this misuse of the term "omniverse."

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
How so?

Also, I am really liking how Avengers #0 and All-New All-Different Point One deliver the surrounding titles via Squadron Sinister and Contest of Champions respectively. Interestingly, I think that I'm REALLY interested in Daredevil moreso than I was before -- even moreso than if it was Gambit in the team-up.

Also, I didn't get the #1 issues of ANAD: ASM, Dr. Strange, or Iron-Man since they don't interest me right off the bat.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The omniverse is everything -- all realities, including the Marvel Multiverse, the DC Multiverse, and so on and so forth. Chavez's use of the term in "Avengers" #0 was fine, though, given where she was and what she was describing.

And I didn't get any of those books either (just "All-New, All-Different Point One" #1 and "Avengers" #0), but I've seen the spoiler at the end of "Invincible Iron Man" #1, and it just adds further frustration to both the delays on "Secret Wars" and the utter lack of follow-through on what Marvel has been promising.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The omniverse is everything -- all realities, including the Marvel Multiverse, the DC Multiverse, and so on and so forth. Chavez's use of the term in "Avengers" #0 was fine, though, given where she was and what she was describing.

And I didn't get any of those books either (just "All-New, All-Different Point One" #1 and "Avengers" #0), but I've seen the spoiler at the end of "Invincible Iron Man" #1, and it just adds further frustration to both the delays on "Secret Wars" and the utter lack of follow-through on what Marvel has been promising.

Ah, ok. It was mostly Chavez's use of it seeming correct that I was curious about. :monster:

Out of curiosity, what's the Iron Man spoiler?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
[Spoiler="Invincible Iron Man" #1 spoiler]Doctor Doom is still around, his face is almost entirely healed, and he's dressed like he's on his way to a board meeting. Also, he approached Tony and said they need one another (characterization fail a la Bendis).[/spoiler]

Top Bottom