Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Possibly, but I have reservations...

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah what Shad said. I mean, imagine if horror of horrors the remake shat all over canon. We wouldn't want to look silly :monster: So maybe it's better we wait until after it's been released?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Ok, so it probably is better to at least wait until the remake is out before actually making the LTD video. If deadlock can debate stuff like the console wars without backlash, I think the LTD could be discussed civilly when we do decide to put up a video, especially if we do it later. I'd rather not wait another 20 years before it's deemed ok to do so.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IDK, I like to think our frontpage LTD articles haven't caused any significant backlash either - the LTD thread was heated before that already.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
If it just presents the facts, it adds nothing new to the debate. If it doesn't you get accusations of bias. No win situation really

Also I don't like how the 'no' alternative is worded in this poll. No is a perfectly valid answer

That's not calling the no voters lunatics, but the yes voters, because from their perspective this is a horrible idea.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
It would offer retrospective analysis, the option to do different things with different mediums, etc. I mean, character studies don't necessarily add new material either but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be made. It's the same with the LTD video.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Fair enough.

Don't have a mike, by the way, but I'd be willing to contribute to a script in the Barret video if it goes ahead.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
No just no. It's a bad idea guys, I have been around this forum long enough to know that no matter anyone's best intentions in doing any sort of project about the LTD it always ends up in a mess.

There are so many videos this site could do about FFVII before touching that poison. At least wait until the remake comes out and we see what has been done with the LT before doing a video.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
61491612.jpg

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
It's not the debate itself why I'm against this idea, obviously. Shippers can get nasty real fast and they are the main reason I avoided this fandom for ten years. It's more of a 'been there, done that' moment for me.

Sooo...
catlawn.jpg

Starling

Pro Adventurer
We should see what happens once the remake is out, seeing as some of the reservations were about that.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
IDK, I like to think our frontpage LTD articles haven't caused any significant backlash either - the LTD thread was heated before that already.

I don't see a major problem with it either, but it looks like the nos have it.

Indeed. I suppose it is better to err on the side of caution rather than risk turning our beloved forums into the Shippish Inquisition.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i think even when there was The Trouble, back in the Before Times, it didn't really affect the whole forum anyway. just the one thread.

the one horrible, horrible thread

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Hito still suffers from a little
Post Triangle Stress Disorder?
?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I definitely don't think right now is the time for it.
If I will make one concession here, it's about the timing. After the remake is out, there should be all manner of retrospectives and then vs. now analyses. There may be room for one on the LTD then.

Until then, God no.

GiddyUnicorn

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That One Person You Don't Like Talking To
I want to see it....:/

The proposal is a video in the style of "Deadlock" where two people (one Cloti and one Clerith) present both sides of the argument and the video does not declare a winner but leaves the discussion open to the comments.

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but instead of making this into another "debate themed video", why not try to piece everything together from both sides into one complete narrative? You never know, some of you might be surprised that clerith and cloti do fit together into one whole story. Both sides just tend to ignore each other's part in it.......for the past decade give or take.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I want to see it....:/

The proposal is a video in the style of "Deadlock" where two people (one Cloti and one Clerith) present both sides of the argument and the video does not declare a winner but leaves the discussion open to the comments.
I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but instead of making this into another "debate themed video", why not try to piece everything together from both sides into one complete narrative? You never know, some of you might be surprised that clerith and cloti do fit together into one whole story. Both sides just tend to ignore each other's part in it.......for the past decade give or take.

Oh you mean to determine that maybe both loves are possible within the context of the story and possible, just possibly, the writers of the story knew there was a definite answer and that Cloud's emotions changed as the quest went on?

You mean we should use common sense?

e75.jpg

Edit: Well I tipped my hand there, didn't I? :monster: But I still think it's a bad idea at this point in time.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Hey, I respect the reasons for holding it off, and I do agree that it's bound to fuel some flames. My satire is aimed at the people who take this argument to the point where they have to make it something people fear mentioning and ruin it for those of us here who are capable of civil discussion.

Those who lived through and saw the madness that apparently was the LTD (particularly a lot of the things mentioned in this particular thread) are what turned me against the video but I would love to do it in a time and place where it won't result in chaos and cyberbullying.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I do think it could work, but not in a debate format. A scripted video exploring the love triangle and viewpoints. Presentation is everything. Maybe Im just a bit older, or just jaded, but overly nerdy stuff is a huge turn off. I know, its FF. But 2 people debating over webcam would not appeal to me personally.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I do think it could work, but not in a debate format. A scripted video exploring the love triangle and viewpoints. Presentation is everything. Maybe Im just a bit older, or just jaded, but overly nerdy stuff is a huge turn off. I know, its FF. But 2 people debating over webcam would not appeal to me personally.

Well it would be highly scripted, the debate serving more to illustrate both points than to be a true debate. Perhaps an analytical video is better though.

Top Bottom