• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Anthem - New Bioware IP

Lex

Administrator
I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, but it's definitely the most interesting thing I saw at Microsoft's conference.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
'Mass Destiny Effect' it is being dubbed as in places. I'm not really blown away by it, but will follow it's progress.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm conflicted about this, gameplay wise it looks really interesting but it looks like is pushing the commentary gimmick that The Division tried and failed. Plus one Bioware's strengths is voice acting and dialogue.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
At least they seem to have allocated the facial animations to this game :monster:

Anyway I'll withold judgment until there's realistic gameplay, I'm getting a Division vibe from this trailer too, and that one tuned its graphics way down in the released version. It does seem to position itself in the same niche. It could work, I think.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
At least they seem to have allocated the facial animations to this game :monster:

Anyway I'll withold judgment until there's realistic gameplay, I'm getting a Division vibe from this trailer too, and that one tuned its graphics way down in the released version. It does seem to position itself in the same niche. It could work, I think.

To be fair The Division is a Ubisoft game , and they have legit never released a game that looks the way it did at E3 since like 2011.

This game is from EA which on the upside every game they show at E3 generally ends up looking exactly like that. Especially the Frostbite engine games, which this is one of them.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I legit hate this style of 'gameplay trailer'. So, so much. It's not doing the appeal any favours

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The voice acted player communication legitimately irritates me because it doesn't sound natural. It sounds acted (because duh). Normal people don't talk like that and it's confusing because it always takes me ten minutes to realize it's not supposed to be in-game dialogue.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm curious about it, but the only thing I was kind of impressed by was the graphics. And I say kind of because other games have impressive graphics as well, so it's not super special in that sense (as weird as that sounds) :monster:

The flying around does look kinda fun, but hmm. I dunno. Nothing really made me go 'oh wow, what's this? I want this'. But it's a reveal trailer so, withholding rest of judgement until I see more.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ehh, the flying's probably as impressive as scootering around on hoverbikes in Destiny, things like that tend to get old very fast.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Yeah I didn't even know that was a thing until you guys just pointed it out. :wacky: I kept thinking that Anthem trailer's dialogue sounded strange, but I couldn't pinpoint why!

Lex

Administrator
Yeah they're feeling the hard swing against "games as a service" culture which is precisely what Anthem is designed around. Conceptually this looked great at E3 but I'm actually really fucking shocked at how not-interested in it I am.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's too much of a "me too" vibe attached there in a way. The game itself - what we've seen so far - seems like a Destiny clone but without any story, just a PvE world where you're one of many faceless dudes just grinding for the next loot box or... whatever the game is about. At least Destiny had a big hype beforehand with the story.

I think they could've gone with Mass Effect or DA Online or something instead; ME lends itself pretty good (I think) for a small group co-op game, similar to The Division. But in space. DA pretty much writes itself as a MMORPG, it's got all the classes, lands, backstory, worldbuilding and shit ready made already.

Lex

Administrator
Destiny had story hype and then didn't deliver on any of it. Bioware as a dev have never failed to deliver on characters and story though (overall, yes even in Andromeda), so that's actually not something I'm worried about. But I get what you're saying. Based on what we've seen there's very little hint that there's plot or anything, but I doubt that's the case. It's what Bioware do.

Random Nobody

local roach
2u5s85t.gif

Top Bottom