Assassin's Creed

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
You left out that apostrophe, so I put it in the title for you. :monster:

I was excited when I saw this yesterday.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I admit.. I have never played any of the AC games, so I can't tell if Fassy is suited for this role. I think it's gonna be great, though. And I wish to play the games someday.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It was like when they casted Jake Gyllenhaal as "Prince Dastan", although I guess this time it depends if they're going to go with that same "caucasian dude plays a protagonist of questionable ethnicity". :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Too puntastic? :monster:

movies-michael-fassbender-callum-lynch-in-assassins-creed.jpg

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That does not look good at all, the whitewashing doesn't help. Also I was not aware this movie was still a thing, not that I care, zero chance I'm going to watch it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The last two comments have me rather confused. If he's a new character then how is it whitewashing? For that matter what were the ethnicities of the existing characters (since I know absolutely nothing whatsoever about the AC series)?

Also, here's a bigger/complete image of him:

1404192856788216747.jpg

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I never said it was white washing. I just wanted Altair or Ezio. :sadpanda:

Also, fuck, I want to cosplay as an assassin at the Ren fest. That would be sweet.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Tenny: That's why I said, "the last two comments have me confused" I was referring to this comment before yours:
the whitewashing doesn't help.

Because your reply about it being a new character made that part confusing to me -- since whitewashing typically involves taking an existing poc character, and casting a white actor as them. Were the AC games by-and-large involving having poc as their main protagonists? As someone with no knowledge of the series I always thought of them as being generically international (Google tells me that Altair's Syrian & Ezio's Italian which is pretty 50/50, though I don't know about anyone beyond that).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Connor is Native American, and in a secret room under Ezio's uncle's chateau there are statues of great assassins one of which I think was Asian. Also there seems to be a mobile game in development starring a Japanese woman. I think.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The last time I heard anything about this movie which was 3 years ago he was either playing Altair or a new character set around that time period. One of the things I liked about the series when it wasn't absolute shit and filled with controversy because of Ubisoft's less than stellar representation of women was the chance of playing as characters from races you don't usually get protagonists in video games.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Assassin's Creed Movie [Dec. 21 2016]

So uh, I don't know how there isn't a thread for this movie yet, but feast your eyes on the trailer that was JUST released.

And I just... I can't even brain right now.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Another movie based on a game, though this time, it might as well be a spirital sequel to the live action version of the Prince of Persia-Sands of Time, since, from what I learned, the Assassin Creed are spirital sequels to the Prince of Persia franchise.

For those who don't know, Spirital Sequels mean games/movies/books with settings that are similiar to other titles but not actual sequels.

Just wish there were a 2D animation movie based on Legend of illusions(the last of the Mickey Mouse illusion franchise) since Disney's future in making games are in doubt, meaning that my hopes for more Disney game remakes have gone down the drain.

Good graphics, but Assassin Creed isn't really my thing. Haven't even seen the gameplays or played the games yet, to be honest.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
(Merged threads, because it WAS unbelievable that a thread didn't already exist for it). :awesomonster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Really? I searched for one and couldn't find it. Must've missed it. Sorry about that man. :closedmonster:

Anyway, a good decision they made with this movie early on was that it's going to be its own separate entry in the franchise, rather than basing it off one of the games. I'm sure that will work in its favor. I know movies based on video games haven't had the greatest track record in the past, but it looks like they had a great team putting this one together.

As long as it's not directed by Uwe Boll, I'm good. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Haha, no worries. It happens to all of us sometimes! ;)

Having had no exposure to the series at all, I'll be interested in seeing how my misses & I experience this differently, since she's played all of them.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I haven't played ALL of them, and I've watched my husband play most of the newer ones. Regardless of the combat or mechanics, I'm in love with the stories. I am a history nerd, and the way they weave the Assassins and Templars into prominent times and events throughout history is a wet dream for me.

The novelizations of the games by Oliver Bowden are actually pretty fucking good too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Really? I searched for one and couldn't find it. Must've missed it. Sorry about that man.

Anyway, a good decision they made with this movie early on was that it's going to be its own separate entry in the franchise, rather than basing it off one of the games. I'm sure that will work in its favor. I know movies based on video games haven't had the greatest track record in the past, but it looks like they had a great team putting this one together.

As long as it's not directed by Uwe Boll, I'm good.

I've done that at least twice with National Treasure 3, so you're not the only one.

Actually, one of the best movies based on video games that done well was Lara Croft Tomb Raider back in 2001 and it's sequel The Cradle of Life two years later.(I have both movies.)

And you forget that the Pokemon anime is based on the Pokemon games, including the movies(rather than the other normal japanese way of making anime based on Manga) and look how well the series is turning out.

Then again, people are running out of ideas for movies and games and ect these days, which is very sad.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Bloodrayne, Silent Hill, Far Cry, Prince of Persia were all blegh.

The Tomb Raider movies weren't completely awful in my opinion (and I mean that in a way that I've actually seen worse) but could have been better. I think the rebooted movie franchise with Alicia Vikander will be better.

Assassin's Creed looks pretty good though. Spain during the Inquisition? Color me intrigued.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
5Obou.jpg
I haven't played any of them, but I am a casual observer of the series. Was stoked for Black Flag but interest waned. I like pirates. Is the story worth playing the older ones for or can I just hope right in with Black Flag and Syndicate, the only two I've really had an interest in playing.

Top Bottom