Bayonetta

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Is it worth getting? :huh:

The reviews have been pretty good but I'd rather hear from an average gamer not paid to review games.

Is the protagonist an actual character (with a personality, backstory, reason to be kicking the shit out of everything etc), or just a pair of boobs with guns?

Is the protagonist an actual character (with a personality, backstory, reason to be kicking the shit out of everything etc), or just a pair of boobs with guns?
I'm half way through, so I don't know how it ends but so far I'm impressed with the mystery they put behind her character and how they very slow reveal of clues. She doesn't know who she is and her story is mainly trying to find that out while also kicking some angel butt.

The cutscenes are brilliant for the sake of being over the top and then some. I'm laughing almost everytime Bayonetta opens her mouth, and at just how sexual the game really is.

However, the game seems short so maybe a rent not a buy? I'm not the greatest at action games either, I normally play on easy mode and that's what I'm doing with Bayonetta.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The action is cool, but the cheese is a little too much even for me. And yes, I know its intentional, but it's just so damn thick. I prefer Devil May Cry myself.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Combat is awesome.

Hate everything else about the game, but it just sings when you fight. That's enough for me.

yeah, the cutscenes and oversexuality get kinda meh after awhile, but like dacon said, the combat is sweet.

I love farming chapter 7 for halos. nothing like getting 4 mil+ on a boss fight

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
idk 'spin-off' and 'sequel' aren't the same thing

i want a proper action game sequel on a proper home console and spin-offs can go wherever they want

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
why would it be so hard to have both handhelds and main consoles

wot da fook

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Oh hi guys.

bayonetta2.jpg

Bayonetta 2 exclusively for Wii U

Teaser here:
http://nintendoeverything.com/98752/bayonetta-2-debut-teaser/

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
While the Wii U controller has a gimmick, it's hardly one the game requires to focus on. Especially since it's a touch screen, and can be used for menu management and the like.

Still, I AM surprised it's only coming out for Wii U

So then you get to play with the crappy wii controller. Or buy their "normal" controller for 60 bucks and have a console that the majority of games will have to take advantage of the touch screen in order to justify their decision to use it for the console.

Lex

Administrator
wat.

Why.

Why would they create a game then release it's sequel on a completely different console. Just NO.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So then you get to play with the crappy wii controller. Or buy their "normal" controller for 60 bucks and have a console that the majority of games will have to take advantage of the touch screen in order to justify their decision to use it for the console.

I'm pretty sure the system's supposed to be backwords compatible as far as controllers go, and their screen controller does come bundled with the system.

As for taking advantage of the touch screen, yeah, but there's TONS of games that can make simple use of a touch screen, for shit like menus and inventories.

Top Bottom