Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cosmo Canyon

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Lex

Administrator
Voted for Birth of a God. And I'm pretty sure we had one of these a few months ago :monster:

But I suppose it can't hurt to have another one ^_^

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, gotta go with J-E-N-O-V-A here. Honourable mentions to Aerith's Theme, Judgement Day and Cosmo Canyon. One-Winged Angel is still pretty cool but it's been ruined a bit by overexposure.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I get chills when J-E-N-O-V-A kicks in. My opinion on this subject changes now and then, but today that gets my vote.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The Great Warrior - I picked Cosmo Canyon because it's close enough and picking Other is lame. But honorable mentions go to Cosmo Canyon, Judgement Day (underrated song), Jenova, OWA, Main Theme...all of them really.

Arth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Arthquake
Highwind Takes To The Skies...no other moment in the game gave me more goosebumps than Cloud´s return to the Highwind with this theme kicking in at the end of his speech.It always gives me the feeling of victory and that nothing could stop the crew at that time in the game.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
One Winged Angel even if that's too popular next are

Aerith's Theme
JENOVA
Bombing Mission
Tifa's Theme
Cid'sTheme

As for the compilation:
Promised Land
Price of Freedom - (CC main theme too actually)
Crisis Core Main Theme- (many renditions)

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
For me, honorable mentions go to One-Winged Angel, Birth of a God, The Main Theme, Fight On!, A Forested Temple, Cosmo Canyon, and Opening~Bombing Mission.
I figured One-Winged Angel would get more votes, but I see some people didn't vote for it because of they used "it's popular, so it'll probably get the most votes anyway" logic that I used.
Also, I noticed you changed your avatar, Danseru.
EDIT: Also, does anyone else like the all caps with dashes between the letters way J-E-N-O-V-A is spelled? I always thought it was pretty cool.

Ghost X

Current mood, One-winged Angel. Though there are other times Aerith's theme chimes better. I'm weird.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I just realized something, I forgot Anxious Heart! Quick, one of the mods add it, while there's still no votes under "other"!

Last edited:

RedXIII

Rookie Adventurer
i love them all! but i have to pick Aerith's Theme as it will always be my stand-out tune for that game.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
Very very tough choice. Aerith's theme has been my longstanding favorite, but when I saw Distant Worlds the Bombing Mission in orchestra blew me away.

I'm actually going to vote Judgment Day though because I enjoy how it ties things together. It has the same kind of feel of the harshness in the mako reactors' theme, which is really interesting for going into the core of the Planet, but there's still hope and determination in it (I think I hear an echo of Aerith's theme in there?).

Plus, it's the one I most enjoy for its in-game version, not an orchestra or remix take.

I also really like the Ending Credits for that transition from military to downright homey. And Theatrhythm is to blame for me noticing both those songs again.

Naruhodo

Rookie Adventurer
A Forested Temple, just because it's such a quirky sounding tune. Great example of musical dissonance given all the hell that happens immediately afterward.

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Agh, that's difficult... I like all of them but my favourites there are: Main Theme, Opening-Bombing Mission, Cosmo Canyon, Tifa's Theme and Aerith's Theme. I love all the battle songs too (Fight On!, JENOVA, OWA and Let the Battles Begin!... Birth of a God not so much).

PS: Anxious Heart should be there!

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I didn't realise how much of a tough decision this would be, I went with bombing mission though, just the whole orchestral score is epic.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
For me personally, the Main Theme is the essence of Final Fantasy VII.

The unique part about the song is that it has two different tones, but both end up with powerful triumphant finish. It doesnt suffer from the somewhat repetitive nature of One Winged Angel. It has highs, lows, and never once a boring moment.

Its probably my favorite video game song ever

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Cosmo Canyon for me, love the bass line in it. Think it just captured the mood of the area perfectly and as a plus it serves as the basis for Seto's theme, which is heartbreaking

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
A Forested Temple, just because it's such a quirky sounding tune. Great example of musical dissonance given all the hell that happens immediately afterward.

There's this, as an honourable mention, but I'm surprised Reunion is as under appreciated as it would seem to be. It's a tune that liquefies my thoughts and stirs in me the feeling of being submerged in them, along with Anxious Heart it's a perfect complement for the surreal background imagery of FFVII.

The Northern Crater I think? Had some really crazy looking stuff.

Eternal Fight from FFXIII-2 is one of few other tracks to give me the same feeling.

Crazy Motorcycle because the escape scene stands tall as one of the most badass FF moments.

Top Bottom