• Gabriel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Man (Mumble)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Johanna Mason (Carlie)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Rory Williams (Aaron)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zap Rowsdower (Matthewtheman/King Porky Minch)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
These people couldn't make up their minds who they wanted to be.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
What can I say? I'm woman of many faces and names. I'm basically the Jaqen H'ghar of this forum.

tumblr_mstzseroKp1rioopho1_500.gif

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Much as I love ya and your wacky name changing Carlie, I gotta vote Reg on this one :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm voting Carlie, because she's the only one I can think of who I don't have a forum name for. Like I literally know her as Carlie because she changes her forum name too often for any of them to stick, not because it's her real name.

To put this into perspective, I know and have used the real names of members over voice chat in what is more than probably thousands of hours worth of conversation. I still call fangu "fangu" when we're talking (or I add "pants" onto the end of her surname for some reason. It has a nice ring to it, what can I say :monster: )

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Yup, I prefer Fangu tbh as none of you can pronounce my real name properly anyway :wacky: (Except Lex, he comes very close :monster:)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I thought I had pronounced it right. :( Lex has a special talent with names, he's the only one that has been able to pronounce my little brother's name Ian correctly and came very close to pronouncing my full name properly.

I'm voting Carlie, because she's the only one I can think of who I don't have a forum name for. Like I literally know her as Carlie because she changes her forum name too often for any of them to stick, not because it's her real name.

Once upon a time in a different version of TLS I used the username Sue Sylvester for a very long time and people called me that and then I experienced the thrill of name changing and the rest is history. :monster:

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Hmm you might be right there, apologies for my bad memory - iirc you did pretty well too :monster:

(Also I'm just sort of poking fun at myself for pronouncing my own name strange - even my boyfriend can't get it 100% right as he has a different dialect)

Lex

Administrator
I try fangu :monster:

It's like "Unneh", I know how to say it properly but when I go to pronounce it my voice sometimes chickens out and it doesn't quite work the way I want it to. And I refuse to say it the English way because that's not how its pronounced and therefore it's not actually your name. It's like when the Japanese guy in uni calls me "Arrekkussanda", it's cool and doesn't bother me but that ain't my name :monster:

But when I'm speaking, especially in my guttural, harsh Scottish dialect, it's difficult to randomly pronounce things from softer spoken languages in the middle of a sentence and make it sound like I'm not being pretentious or whatever, so it feels awkward to do. Like

"I want a croissant"

Said the proper way would SOUND "I want a cwasseaun" but in Scottish becomes "Ah wahn' ah kwasson'". Shoving the proper sound of that word in there is wholly unnatural.

tl;dr saying fangu makes me feel like less of a dick :monster:

holy shit this could not be more off topic

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I shouldn't browse while waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle to use the bathroom. I initially saw "Ah wahn' ah dick" in your post.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Would be fitting, :monster:

We Dutchies do it the harsh way. No clue how to do it in english phonetics, so, krossant.

Fangu

Great Old One
I try fangu :monster:

It's like "Unneh", I know how to say it properly but when I go to pronounce it my voice sometimes chickens out and it doesn't quite work the way I want it to. And I refuse to say it the English way because that's not how its pronounced and therefore it's not actually your name. It's like when the Japanese guy in uni calls me "Arrekkussanda", it's cool and doesn't bother me but that ain't my name :monster:

But when I'm speaking, especially in my guttural, harsh Scottish dialect, it's difficult to randomly pronounce things from softer spoken languages in the middle of a sentence and make it sound like I'm not being pretentious or whatever, so it feels awkward to do. Like

"I want a croissant"

Said the proper way would SOUND "I want a cwasseaun" but in Scottish becomes "Ah wahn' ah kwasson'". Shoving the proper sound of that word in there is wholly unnatural.

tl;dr saying fangu makes me feel like less of a dick :monster:

holy shit this could not be more off topic
Lex this post is glorious :lol:

Also it's about the setting/context, isn't it. Y'all knew me first as Fangu, so changing it to my real name (though it's my Skype name) does somehow feel a bit odd. Not that I mind being called 'Ann' anyway - it's not like it HAS to be pronounced I do myself. But 'Fangu' feels more closer than 'Ann'. ('Unneh', that's a pretty good way of spelling it!)

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Y'all knew me first as Arfurido

Fixxxed. :awesome:

IDK, I don't consider it wrong when I say a name as it's intended in my language (assuming it has an English equivalent). You're Ann, but I'm Anna, so I'll pronounce it similar to mine own. One of those quirks of linguistics I guess.

EDIT: Has just occurred to me that my name is actually Hebrew *facepalm*.

*Now back to sometime last year sitting in my car with Yop getting an education on how to pronounce Freek* :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I find Ann/Anna to be so damn adorable. Yet I'm eager to find a woman named Regina. :B

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Since everyone went blue I get yall confused.

Lex

Administrator
Octo if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have pestered Aaron to find a way to change my name back to gold after I became site director :monster:

Top Bottom