• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Borderlands 2 Community Playthrough (Intro Post and Guide—also, surprise, I’m a widdle early)

Are you partaking in the BL2 Community Playthrough?

• EXXXXXPLOSI- I mean, yes, yes I am.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I'm not sure. I hope so!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I'm not sure. Probably not. :/

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. I will be observing though.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I'm just passing through. Lost. Frightened. Trying to find my way back home. You may never see me ag

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
  1. How are you handling traversing the Southern Shelf with your Runner? For those in parties, who’s driving and how well do they drive?
  2. Newbies, what do you think will be your favourite element and why? Vets, what’s your favourite and why?
  3. Who is your favourite personality in Sanctuary and why?
  4. Have you given the slot machines in Moxxi’s bar a go? If so, how do you like it? Have you found the rewards useful?

1. What would you have named the Bullymongs?

1. Were you able to assassinate the assassins correctly?
  2. How’d you handle this mission?

-Our part is usually 3 members (Yop joined us for a bit as well) and generally I drive one Runner (kind of decently, I like to think) and Minato drives the other (as Airling how he drives, I dunno :D).
-Oh boy I love me some explosive. I know the damage is never as high as the other elements, but it always works, and sometimes gives me crit damage even when I miss the crit spot, thanks to, you know, the explosion. Second fav would be corrosive though.
-It's a toss-up for me between Moxxi and Hammerlock. Both of them are just so...sassy and classy, albeit in different ways, and so completely sure of themselves. I love it.
-I...forgot they exist. I will have to go try them maybe.

-Oh man, Bonerfarts all the way! That will always be their true name in my heart. A and I reckon that is THE best quest in the entire game :D.

-We were!
-Yop was with us, and we were all on call, so someone (usually me) would yell out what we're supposed to use next, and everyone who had that would sort of focus on the dude, with the others mostly destroying his lackeys and/or weakening the target.

1. How’d your fight go with W4R-D3N?
  2. Have you caught onto any more pop culture references? What's been your favourite?
  3. Favourite bit of bandit dialogue that you’ve heard so far?
  4. What have been your least favourite enemies to deal with and why?
  5. Have you been farming the Goliaths and have you managed GOD-liath?
  6. Favourite bit of loot that you’ve picked up so far?
  7. What's been your favourite mission to do so far? How about your least favourite? Why?
  8. What has been your favourite weapon(s) to use so far and why?
  9. What shield and grenade mod do you currently have equipped?
  10. What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
  11. Got any stories for the community? Tell’em all!

-We cheesed it, I think maybe one of us went to FFYL once, and that was about the worst of it.
-I know we did, but I can't remember any except my favourite, which is my pistol. It's called the Unkempt Harold, and the flavour text says "Now did I fire six shots? Or just five? Three? Seven. Whatever." and it fires this spread of about 6 rounds per shot. OH SHIT! I JUST REMEMBERED THAT WE DID THE QUEST WITH THE RATS AND THEY'RE JUST TMNT KNOCK-OFFS AND IT WAS HILARIOUS!
-That probably has to go to "I regret...everything..." when they die.
-Hmm. Everything has been pretty easy, but fuckin' varkids man. God they suck.
-We tried, but either a) we hurt them too much and the silly things die, or b) we manage to get one going, but then we've already killed everyone for them to level on.
-See my gun above. Also my electric smg that I got from the golden chest.
-Everything to do with Tina is amazing, but the bonerfart quest remains my favourite, purely for the jokes. Least favourite was the badass varkid thing for Hammerlock (I think that's a bit ahead though...?)
-All three of my current weapons are tied for first place. I have the pistol which is kind of like a shotgun, but it still has a ridiculously accurate middle-shot round, and it does explosive damage. I have a shotgun from a golden-key chest that fires six shots in around 1.5 seconds, reloads pretty quickly, and just creams anything that gets close to me. and I have a Dahl electric SMG that is surprisingly accurate when zoomed, and just pours damage when not.
-The shield I have is a fire nova shield, nothing special, but it's got decent everything, very balanced. The grenade mod is still a cluster bomb one, but a better one I guess? I dunno, I don't grenades much.
-The story is AWESOME. That is all I have to say.
-We're having tons of fun? I can't think of anything specific we did that was super awesome. Aside from just generally being a good team.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I always drive and Lex and Carlie tend to fight over who gets to ride shotgun. Lex for the most part refuses to drive in any case :monster:

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Questions
  1. How are you handling traversing the Southern Shelf with your Runner? For those in parties, who’s driving and how well do they drive?
  2. Newbies, what do you think will be your favourite element and why? Vets, what’s your favourite and why?
  4. Have you given the slot machines in Moxxi’s bar a go? If so, how do you like it? Have you found the rewards useful?

Bonus Quests & Questions

1. It gets confusing at times, what with all the layers to the maps, but we're handling it well. Darth and Minato usually drive, and I handle rockets.
2. I love them all, but as usual, I'm partial to fire.
3. Hammerlock :mon:
4. Not yet, forgot about those. Did after reading these questions though:P.

The Name Game
I liked Bonerfarts just fine, "PUBLISHERS"!:ffuuu:

Assassinate the Assassins
1. Psssssh, ya. See previous post for info on our teamwork:wacky:
2. It was pretty rough, tbh. Don't think we ever legit died, but someone was always fighting for their life.

Questions
  2. Have you caught onto any more pop culture references? What's been your favourite?
  7. What's been your favourite mission to do so far? How about your least favourite? Why?
  10. What are your thoughts on the story at this point? (For Newbies) What do you predict will happen?
1. Surprisingly easy. We had good corrosive weapons and just critted his stupid face a few times.
2. Oh man, there are so many that I can't think of anything specific. Mission names are usually where the concentration is highest.
3. Their dying dialogue is very often hilarious. I giggle most at "MIDGE MIDGE NO FINAL WORDS!" and "I'd just paid off my house..."
4. Anything that jumps right onto my weak ass and kills my shield one shot. At this stage of the game, the raging goliaths do that most.
5. We've been trying! But our guys keep dying to their allies:(
6. So I found this sweet-ass, scoped, corrosive Maliwan pistol that made that W4R-D3N fight a breeze. Then I forgot to star it and accidentally sold it:alone:
7. The Firehawk stuff. Because it was so funny how Lilith oscillates between being flattered and disgusted :lol:. No least favs, tbh.
8. See nr. 6 and the tragic story of my pistol. I liked it because of the good scope and high accuracy. I'm trying reeeeeaaaaaallly hard to stay away from my trope-worthy bias for sniper rifles, and that baby was a small piece of home.
9. Uhm... Not sure about the grenade one, because I don't even grenades, generally. My shield is currently a corrosive, fuck-off type shield with not a lot going for it.
10. Like the way BL2 gives the first game's PCs a bit more character and flesh.
11. See nr. 6 and the tragic story of my pistol.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Part 3:

1. I'm enjoying it very well, I do the driving, Airling is on gunner duty and we crash into all the things!
2. Favourite element seems to be corrosive, it's an irreplacable piece of anyone's arsenal.
3. Sir Hammerlock, as his brand of crazy seems the least inexplicably useful.
4. A brief go, I haven't used it much yet but I probably should soon. I gots way to much money on my hands.

The Name Game:

I would have stuck with Feravores.

Assassinate the Assassins:

I bagged a lot of the kills with the sniper rifle I had at the time, and we were able to do it in the correct order. :neo:

Part 4:

1. This fight was soon after I picked my new electric shotgun, which spreads joy everywhere it goes with a lasting AoE effect, we cheesed this fight big time!
2. The TMNT reference was sweet, their master Flinter especially! The pun was on point enough that the nebulous puzzle that he required was quickly forgiven. :lol:
3. Incinerator Clayton's attempts to interpret the Firehawk's will was pretty amusing. As was Lilith's tolerance for most of their killing and burning.
4. Buzzards, definitely. Good feeling when they go down but I shoot my load off way to quickly.
5. Very tough call, but my electric shotgun would have to be it.
6. Ellie sending us vehicle hunting was probably my favourite. Actually finding Lilith may have been the least favourite part. I waste ammo on stuff that Lilith kills anyway and we're running back and forth from spawn points a lot.
7. The front and backbumper of the Runner are my favorites.
8. Something that increases melee Roid damage when it's depleted. Pretty useful for my assassin. I don't care for grenades.
9. Lilith and Roland's relationship is very sweet. I don't think they'll get a happy ending.
10. Airling sold her corrosive gun and was pent up about it for the entire session yesterday. Especially so since we went up again many many machines from Jack and it could've been very useful.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Your rhymes are whack, you think you all that,
BUT WHERE YOU AT GIRL, WHERE YOU AT

LOL :kermit:

Yo
I did not expect any kinda back-chat
But for these rhymes, to you I tip my hat
Word.

1. Quadrolangs. A fusion of quad and orangutangs, with some flair in for good measure. My naming skills are lacking.

I actually really love this, haha!

How’d your fight go with W4R-D3N?

1. Lost in the tower, had to go to prison camp. Hope that doesn't end up with a bad ending or Jack being repaced by a clone or something. The way this autosaves, you can't repeat missions, which is a shame. I died enough times that the respawn point started making fun of me for it.

LOL!! I only laugh because I know this pain all too well. :wacky:

Now to answer Obsidian's questions!

ObsidianFire said:
Questions for Part 1 and 2

Did your character have an ECHO recorder in their inventory when you started? If you listened to it, what does it reveal about the planets other then Pandora? Do you think they're better/worse off then Pandora is? What does it reveal about your character?

What do you think about who Jack qualifies as a bandit? Do you think he has the right idea about how to go about dealing with them?

1. Excellent questions! Well, based on what I heard from Maya's ECHO recorder, I get the sense that Pandora is something of a dumpster fire of a planet. Outsiders don't come in to settle down. It's always in pursuit of something. Pandora's current inhabitants largely seems to be made up of folks who were left behind.

2. If I'm honest with myself, from the standpoint of Hyperion, I could probably empathise with Jack's idea of who or who doesn't constitute as a bandit (if we were using a very broad brush and ticked very broad boxes). That being said, his politics couldn't be further from my own lmao. I've never been a big fan of conflict resolution via mass genocide. :monster: Jack is a beautiful metaphor, however, for nations who pride themselves in civility and class, only to turn around and totally brutalise others whom they consider 'lesser' and thus unworthy of humane treatment.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
double poast because I live on the edge... :mon:

Yop was with us, and we were all on call, so someone (usually me) would yell out what we're supposed to use next, and everyone who had that would sort of focus on the dude, with the others mostly destroying his lackeys and/or weakening the target.

I really love this hahaha.

Everything to do with Tina is amazing, but the bonerfart quest remains my favourite, purely for the jokes. Least favourite was the badass varkid thing for Hammerlock (I think that's a bit ahead though...?)

:watchingu:

Airling sold her corrosive gun and was pent up about it for the entire session yesterday. Especially so since we went up again many many machines from Jack and it could've been very useful.

XD. I did a similar fucking thing bc I had a corrosive shield and then :mon:

Generally speaking, I'm surprised that folks like corrosive as much as they do! I don't care much for it myself.

To avoid the sinful triple poast, I'mma go ahead and answer my own questions...

1. I AM AN EXCELLENT DRIVER AND ALWAYS GET MY PARTY TO OUR DESTINATION IN ONE WHOLE PIECE, AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS SPREADING FAKE NEWS. SAD!!

2. My favourite has always been shock.

3. My favourite personality probably goes to Crazy Earl because buying from him is always hilarious.

"Cash is for clowns, boy!" "Who told you 'bout this place?? I'll kill'em!"

4. .......
I am deeply ashamed at the sheer amount of cash that I have thrown at these things. Forget the respawn fees, this is the real money drain. The eridium has been mostly worth it though. I've gotten 5 jackpots in one (very, very long...)session.

1. By some miracle, yes. I could've sworn the last guy was melee'd, but eh.

2. Not very well. The whole thing was very nervewrecking and I died several times and wanted to quit even more lmao. I ran through the mission twice, once with Mao and the other with B and I wad generally full of dread both times. :P

1. Fucking terribly, I don't wanna talk about it lmfao.
2. Nothing stands out at the moment.
3. LOL I love the Nomads. I crack up every time one of them dies and they moan out, 'Bury me with my stuff....' and their vehement dislike of all things smol amuses me. The way they say 'Leave us alone!' also cracks me up for whatever reason.
4. FUCKING. BUZZARDS. Screw those guys! Vardkids are pretty obnoxious, too.
5. I haven't been able to, yet, no. :okay:
6. An orange infinity pistol that quickly became useless but maaaaayn.
7. My favourite mission to do has probably been 'Handsome Jack Here!' because it's dark and aptly demonstrates what's at stake should Jack win. My least favourite has been rescuing Roland because I didn't have any corrosive weapons and I kept running out of bullets...
8. Jacobs sniper rifles will never fail you.
9. Honing shock grenade aaannd a shield that absorbs bullets at a success rate of 20%. I kinda hate them both.
10. I'm excited for what's to come!
11. B and I spent a good three hours fucking gambling in sanctuary and I simultaneously have all the regrets and none of the regrets. :mon:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Five

>Part Five
tiny_tina_8d_by_specter_fangal-d5fgkhj.jpg
Chapter 8: A Train to Catch

Location(s) : Tundra Express

Required Sidequest(s)

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Out of Body Experience
  • Splinter Group - rewards you with RokSalt and there’s a possibility of dropping the legendary grenade Storm Front
  • Mighty Morphin’
  • No Hard Feelings
  • You Are Cordially Invited: Party Prep
  • ^ You Are Cordially Invited: RSVP
  • ^^ You Are Cordially Invited: Tea Party
  • Mine, All Mine
  • ^ The Pretty Good Train Robbery
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Mordecai - rewards you with Moxxi’s Endowment

Chapter 9: Rising Action

Location(s) :Sanctuary

Bonus Sidequest(s)

• Bandit Slaughter (All 5 Rounds) - fun challenge by one’s lonesome. Super fun challenge with friends.
    [*]^ The Ice Man Cometh

Summary:
After taking down W4R-D3N, you meet Roland in Sanctuary. You learn that the Vault is actually a dormant creature powerful enough to wipe out all life on Pandora and that Jack is trying to control it. To stop Jack, the Raiders need to take the Vault Key away from Jack.

You travel to Tundra Express to meet with Roland’s spy, Mordecai, who has intel on the Vault Key. With the help of Tiny Tina, another one of Roland’s people, you bomb the train that Mordecai believes the Vault Key is in. In the midst of trying to recover the Key, you realise that you’ve been lead to a trap and face down Wilhelm, the same cyborg who nearly killed the original Vault Hunters in New Haven. Against all odds, you defeat Wilhelm.

Wilhelm drops a power core that you Angel tells you to pick up. You bring it back to Sanctuary to replace the core you brought in earlier. Once it’s popped in, however, Jack tells you a little secret: Angel is working for him. Angel hacks Sanctuary’s system brings its shields, and Hyperion starts to attack. Lith manages to teleport the city away from Jack’s line of attack, but you are deserted in Three Horn’s Divide in the confusion.

Questions
  1. Did you lose any cash to any Rats??
  2. Did you farm the varkids? If so, did you manage to get to Vermivorous the Invincible (only applicable to those playing TVHM+)?
  3. What do you make of Tiny Tina? How about Mordecai?
  4. How did your fight with Wihelm go?
  5. How do you feel about Angel’s betrayal? Did you see it coming? For Vets, can you remember how you felt?
  6. Any reactions to the bonus sidequests (use spoiler tags as necessary :P)?
  7. As always, got any stories from your adventures?

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So... I'm doing the crazy thing of playing Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode (UVHM) solo! I'll probably highlight some of the differences between that mode and Normal and True Vault Hunter Mode (TVHM). I also have a bunch of Unique/Legedary weapons from previous playthoughs, so expect me to make mention of them.

General Differences aka I hope you know how to use all the stuff in your items slots...
- Enemy HP is 4x higher than Normal Mode (2x higher than TVHM)
- Non boss enemies have a small, flat HP regen effect
- Enemies always scale to your level, Badasses/Bosses are always two levels higher then you
- Slag increases damage taken from non-slag attacks by 3x instead of 2x
- Slag effect lasts 8 seconds longer
- Weapon swap speed increased so that slagging enemies and then swapping is easier
- Bosses have a higher chance to drop their Legendary/Unique items

Part 1

So... this entire Part 1 is skipped in UVHM since in order to even get to it, you need to have played the game twice... So answers are from my previous playthoughs...

Questions

Gaige, the Mechromancer. I don't have the best hand-eye coordination so I like playing as classes that have ways to augment their damage that don't depend on me. I tend to like pet classes for this reason. The idea of Anarchy goes with this too. It's fun to see a class in an FPS that doesn't rely on having good accuracy.

I like that we get to see the characters in action, compared to them just rolling in on a bus. "Short Change Hero" feels very dissonant though; it's too understated for the game's tone. "Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" fits the Borderlands feel much better.

Normal Mode: Standard FPS with impossible looking guns.

TVHM: FPS with impossible gun behavior.

UVHM: FPS? What FPS? This is an RPG with guns as a stand-in for spells/special abilities.

Normal Mode was the hardest. You don't have your special ability yet and no good equipment. Bullymongs are also an annoying enemy if you've never played the Borderlands franchise before and don't know how the Critical Hit system works yet.

In TVHM this is a lot easer. You've got your special ability, good equipment and 30+ levels worth of skill point investment. And you're familiar with how bullymongs attack by now.

UVHM just skips this fight...

I'm cool with with him. I spent an entire DLC back in Borderlands 1 massacring Claptrap robots, so the "I want to murder Claptrap" bug is out of my system.

I actually do feel sorry that Handsome Jack scrapped his product line. The Claptrap Unit was one of the few non-military based robots we saw in the previous game. We could honestly use more of those...

Part 2

This is where the game actually starts for UVHM.

Questions
One of the big ironies of UVHM is that normal enemies are usually bigger problems then the bosses are. The bosses don't have HP regen. So you can actually ignore them to take care of the mobs. The common mobs though? If you don't kill one (or keep up DOTs on it), it will have full HP sooner or later. And then you have start all over again. Basically assume that in addition to killing a boss, you also have to keep yourself from getting overwhelmed by mobs. And that can be hard given that Badasses spawn a lot more often in UVHM...

Killing Boom Bewm themselves was pretty easy. Slagga + Dhalminater + Pendemic shreds through armor. Keep a Rubi on hand for fast healing from the DOTs and make sure you know where all the cover in the area is.

Fortunately, there aren't that many cliffs on the ship so long as you stay in the middle so I mostly used the Crit. It's a lot easier to aim then the Hail is. For dealing with mobs, I mostly used a Shock Singularity Grenade. It's really, really noticeable that bosses do not have HP regen.

Does ammo and HP count? There's still a few Item of the Day skins I haven't managed to pick up for various characters, so I have bought those when they turn up.

I've got three "default" weapons that are almost always equipped and a bunch more "backpack" weapons that I swap out as needed. These will get featured when used.

Default Weapons
Swift Hail (Shock): What plaything can you offer me today?
My bread-and-butter weapon. It's got 200% Critical Hit damage, splash damage for 80% damage and heals the user for 3% damage dealt. And if the bullet travels far enough, it splits in two! The draw-back is that the gun doesn't fire straight, but in a high arc. This is actually okay for Gaige as the Anarchy accuracy loss doesn't effect guns with custom firing patterns as bad. And besides, aiming the gun at the floor causes the arc to be low instead of high. Great gun for hitting people behind cover.

Akurate Slagga: blagaga
My slagging weapon. It fires three bullets per ammo. And its chance to slag is 26.5% per bullet. It's really easy to get things slagged with this and keep them slagged which makes boss fights a lot easier.

Elegant Rubi (Shock):
Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried.
My healing weapon. It heals the user for 12% of the damage they deal while it's the active weapon in hand. This isn't just the damage done by the gun though. This is all damage dealt by the user. So DOTs and grenade damage get healed as well. Given how many DOTs Gaige has going on at once, this easily heals me to full HP. I should probably use it more often then I do.

Featured Backpack Weapon

Practicable Conference Call (Shock): Let's just ping everyone all at once.
Take a shotgun and make every pellet fired from it spawn two more pellets after it's traveled far enough or after it hits something. Only when it splits in two, the new pellets travel at right angles to the old one. Now give that gun to someone who has a skill that causes bullets to have a 50% chance to ricochet to targets. This is a great gun for dealing with lots of close-up enemies (like right after the Black Hole goes nova) or for dealing with bosses that have very large hitboxes.

Shield: Grounded Black Hole: You are the center of the universe.
Think what would happen if you gave Shock Nova Shield the pull-in effect of a Singularity grenade. Then give that to a character who has skills that boost Shock damage and recharges shields to max whenever an enemy is killed...

Grenade Mod: Fire Storm: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
Yes, this is the grenade version of the D&D spell. This shoots out a fireball and then four more fireballs rain down where ever the initial fireball landed. So be careful aiming it! It's great for thinning out bandit nests before you go into them.

Picking a favorite grenade mod is really hard. I've got five grenade mods I swap out based on what I'm fighting. So far, that's mostly been fleshy enemies that are weak to fire... I'll probably detail the other grenades I use as the enemies change.

The first time I played it, I thought it was interesting that the game had what looked like was going to be an actual villain. Borderlands 1 never really did; instead it started out as a bunch of random people treasure hunting. While the Atlas Corp. opposed the Vault Hunters, they weren't all that personally interested in the Vault Hunters until the DLC. Handsome Jack is very different from that.

I'm at a Lvl 51... so I'm well into my build (thank goodness!). I've traveled all the way up Gaige's Little Big Trouble tree focusing mostly on Elemental damage, specifically Electrical damage. I've gotten enough skills in the Ordered Chaos tree to get the Rational Anarchist/Discord combo going. The HP regen from that is a god-send. As for Best Friends Forever... I've barley just gotten into that tree. I haven't even gotten Close Enough maxed out as the damage from Little Big Trouble is much more important in Normal and TVHM then the defense from Best Friends Forever. But now in UVHM? Yeah... I want that defense so bad...

One of the best Affably Evil villains I've seen. He's genuinely funny and polite, but man... when he goes bad, he goes bad.

Oh Angel... *hugs*

I really like how the game starts in a snowy region. It's a huge contrast to how Borderlands 1 started in a desert (and stayed in one for the most part).

Bonus Quests and Questions

Bad Hair day

Ooooh boy... This is one of those quests that works fine in Normal mode but in UVHM... ouch. Meelee attacks do almost nothing in UVHM and the mobs have HP regen. Most of it was luck. And doing this mission at the same time as Sybiosis as there's lots of bullymongs in that area as well.

Hammerlock. I turned in this one and Symbiosis at the same time. Claptrap was over in the bandit areas by this time. Which is annoying to deal with. That and sniper rifles usually sell for more money then shotguns do.

Symbiosis
What boss? Oh, you mean the Super Badasses that spawned when I opened the area where the vending machines were. I think I died once fighting those, Deathtrap is a (literal) lifesaver. It's getting to the point where every time I fight a boss I have to tell myself to respect the mobs.

The badass ranks I got from completing the area challenges were worth it. I'd forgotten I hadn't finished them when I got to the area. Also, free Exp is free Exp. Leveling up and getting more points to spend on skills is really important.

My questions!
Gaige doesn't have an ECHO recorder, but she does have ECHO logs up on YouTube. Gaige is from Eden-6, one of the more stable worlds. However, their police force is corrupt and bribery seems to be a thing.

Gaige seems like a genius who hasn't had a dose of failure to mature her. She doesn't seem to think about the consequences of things just yet. On the other hand... she's a teenager...

People who actually live on Pandora seem to have a pretty good idea of who is a bandit and who isn't. Most of it seems to come down to if a group of people is willing to talk with other people first or just flat out want them dead. While there isn't a lot of order, there's some order and that's better then nothing.

Jack doesn't care about any of that. As far as he's concerned, the only order that matters is the order he brings. The ironic part is that the non-bandits of Pandora don't seem to mind order in and of itself, but they do care about who is bringing it and why. Jack doesn't care about what the Pandoras want so whatever kind of order he tries to bring is probably doomed to fail.

It doesn't help that Pandora has a history of being abandoned by the corporations either. They've got no good reason to trust that Jack and Hyperion will want to stay while there's non-corporation people on Pandora that do pay attention to how things work on Pandora and are willing to work within that system. In short, there's a lot better candidates for dealing with the bandit problem then Jack. And Jack manages to piss all of them off.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Part 3 and 4 Questions

The people of Sanctuary trust you very quickly. Do you feel like you've earned it?

How do you feel about Marcus supplying both sides of the Crimson Raiders vs. Bandits conflict?

Part 5 Questions

How easy did you think getting the power core was?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Update to last post: I think I found a pop culture reference. Subtle, but if you're watching for it, I think you might notice something about the 'Splinter Group' mission.

Also, my favourite bandit dialogue is probably the frustrated 'Leave us alone!' after you harass the same encampment multiple times.

Did you lose any cash to any Rats??
Did you farm the varkids? If so, did you manage to get to Vermivorous the Invincible (only applicable to those playing TVHM+)?
What do you make of Tiny Tina? How about Mordecai?
How did your fight with Wihelm go?
How do you feel about Angel’s betrayal? Did you see it coming? For Vets, can you remember how you felt?
Any reactions to the bonus sidequests (use spoiler tags as necessary )?
As always, got any stories from your adventures?

1. Not that I noticed, but I stopped playing soon after entering the Fridge.
2. No, I'm ignoring them as much as possible.
3. Love explosions and varkid killing respectively. Tina's been cracked by living on Pandora like everyone else. Given the bandit camp right outside her door, she has a thrillseeking edge or a deathwish.

4. He kicked the crap out of me, naturally, but I was still disappointed in him as an 'ultimate right hand man.' The way he was built up, I thought this was an intentionally unwinnable bossfight, so was reluctant to port out because he seemed very beatable. In the end I couldn't wear him down quickly enough, but I came back with a corrosive gun and squashed him after some sidequests. Hope that was his identical twin brother or something.

5. I did. Lilith and Roland were like 'run, it's Wilhelm' but the AI was like 'come on, you can take him', which was very out of character. I had actually heard that Jack had a daughter named Angel (in an unrelated discussion about Infinity War), but didn't connect that to the AI. I didn't suspect it enough to do the Sanctuary quests before putting in the power core, though.

'Splinter Group' was awesome and fun.

'Out of body Experience' was surprisingly easy and fun, I just plugged in the machine, then ran away and let the locals destroy it.

I couldn't listen to the whole thing as I was busy shooting stuff, but this goes deep into how broken Tina is. If you die, you respawn too far away to finish the mission, so you have to do it right. Fire Nova SHields helped a lot.

Got so much money from the train robbery, but you lose it surprisingly quickly. Guns amazingly easy to defeat.

7. Think I told most of them. I ignored Hammerlock's mission as it was just killing more random monsters. I'm very bad at selling things I don't need, so my backpack is always full. Does the plot change at all if you play a Siren?

Part 3 and 4 Questions

The people of Sanctuary trust you very quickly. Do you feel like you've earned it?

How do you feel about Marcus supplying both sides of the Crimson Raiders vs. Bandits conflict?

Part 5 Questions

How easy did you think getting the power core was?

I feel like I should be earning trust at about 'rescuing Roland' time(just before we screw up), but you get it a lot earlier. One of the things that we're praised for is 'meeting Jack and lived' even though if the Opening is right we actually didn't.

Marcus is an arms dealer on Pandora. Can't really expect anything else.

Too easy, definitely. I lost a lot because I'm bad at this, but the dreaded Wilhelm isn't nearly as undefeatable as his rep, he just carries a lot of shield regenerating machines.

Hope Roland is alive.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Six

poasting 2 hours early bc im sleeping in mkay.

>Part Six
latest
Chapter 10: Bright Lights, Flying City

Location(s) : The Highlands

Required Sidequest(s)
  • None

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Slap-Happy- Rewards you with the Octo gun.
  • Stalker of Stalkers
  • Best Mother’s Day Ever - Rewards you with the Love Thumper shield.
  • Doctor’s Orders
  • Safe and Sound
  • Minecart Mischief

Chapter 11: Wildfire Preservation

Location(s) : Wildlife Exploitation Preserve

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Claptrap’s Birthday Bash

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Hidden Journals
  • ^Torture Chairs
  • Arms Dealing
  • Swallowed Whole
  • The Cold Shoulder
  • Note for Self-Person - Rewards you with the Roaster gun .
  • Perfectly Peaceful
  • Won’t Get Fooled Again
  • Clan War (The Whole Saga)
  • The Overlooked: Medicine Man
  • ^The Overlooked: Shields Up
  • ^The Overlooked: This is Only a Test
  • Rakkaholics Anonymous
  • Animal Rights

Summary: You’ve just been betrayed by Angel, who was working for Handsome Jack this entire time. As you traverse the Highlands in the struggle to return to Sanctuary, Angel tries to share a bit of her side of the story. With her help (much to Jack’s frustration), you are able to set up a new fast travel link and return to Sanctuary. From there Angel contacts Roland and the others in the Crimson Raiders HQ, informing everyone that the Vault Key is with her. She warns that reaching her won’t be easy, however, as one will have to bypass a death wall, dangerous enemies, and finally a door that can only be voice-activated by Jack.

You travel to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve in order to grab an upgrade for Claptrap that will allow him to bypass the deathwall. Once there, you meet with Mordecai, who informs you that his beloved pet, Bloodwing, has been kidnapped by Jack’s men. He pleads with you to rescue her. You travel through the Preserve and gun down enemies until you finally find Bloodwing—who has been mutated and driven mad by Jack. You are forced to weaken her until she can no longer fight you and you grab the upgrade from her neckpiece. Mordecai begins to suggest bringing her back to Sanctuary when Jack cruelly murders her by blowing her head up. Mordecai is devastated.

You return to Sanctuary with Claptrap’s upgraded and renewed purpose to stop Jack.

Questions
  1. Newbies, what are your feelings on Angel? Do you believe she’s telling you the truth at this point, or are you convinced she and Jack are pulling another trick?
  2. How did you handle defending the beacon?
  3. How did you react to Bloodwing’s rescue mission? Was the fight hard for you? Were you shocked when she was killed?
  4. Jack is often utilised to juxtapose tragedy with humour. How did you react to Jack’s spoon story in New Haven? How about his belated violin joke after Bloodwing’s death? Did you find these moments funny? Were you horrified? Did you feel a little bit of both?
  5. Did your feelings about Claptrap change after his pitiful birthday party? Why or why not?
  6. What do you predict will happen in the story?
  7. Do you have a new favourite mission? Or least favourite?
  8. Any cool bit of loot that you’ve picked up that’s replaced your favourites?
  9. As always, got any stories you wanna share?

Bonus Quests & Questions

1. Who did you give the pictures to and why?
  1. Which family did you end up siding with and why?
  2. What do you think of Ellie getting you to meddle in the way that she did?
  3. What was your favourite incident in helping with the feud?

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
  2. Did you farm the varkids? If so, did you manage to get to Vermivorous the Invincible (only applicable to those playing TVHM+)?
  5. How do you feel about Angel’s betrayal? Did you see it coming? For Vets, can you remember how you felt?

- Not that I am aware of, we were ON those muthas.
- We did not, in fact we kind of did the opposite - OH CRAP THERE'S A POD KILL IT KILL IT KILLITKILLITKILLIT! But maybe we should try...
- Tiny Tina is so best! Also Mord is pretty awesome. A lazy ass, but awesome.
- Wilhelm was dead easy. Nobody died, and his shields never even came up past about 20%, and I took that out right quick, and the M and A had corrosive and just chewed him up.
- Man, the first time that happened it was a weird feeling. Like, I had known Angel for so long, and yet the fact that she was talking to Jack, the fact that we just got this core for killing Wilhelm, the whole bait&switch with the train robbery...it had me on edge. So I wasn't surprised, but I was disappointed.
- I have no specific stories to share about anything...except that I still think we're a really good team, kickin' ass and takin' names.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Questions

1. I don't actually know, which is funny, because I'm a bit of a hoarder in games.
3. They're both great: One is small person who acts beyond their years, the other in a grown-ass person who acts a bit like a kid.
4. So much better this time than the first time I played. Man did that fight kick our asses!
5. It's a bit of a surprise if one had played the first game, because I don't remember us really finding anything out about her there. She just helps out and that's that.
6. Oh dear, well there are so many in this section, and only Tina's are really worth mentioning:lol:. What a job they do of establishing this character.
7. We have done 3 rounds of the Bandit Slaughter stuff. Shit gets rough!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

1. None
2. Varkids didn't prove to be our favorite enemy type, we dispatched as quickly as we could.
3. Tiny Tina is damn hilarious, Mordekai is a bit less memorable to me as something that didn't play the first game.
4. We scrapped him easy peasy.
5. Did not see a straght arrow like her siding with a guy like Handsome Jack coming, but then i don't know much about her.
Going out slaughtering droves of bandits just to collect little hoodornaments they've made in Ellie's, harming no one, just so Ellie can put them up all over the garage, where they look terrible left me feeling that Jack was right about us.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Newbies, what are your feelings on Angel? Do you believe she’s telling you the truth at this point, or are you convinced she and Jack are pulling another trick?
How did you handle defending the beacon?
How did you react to Bloodwing’s rescue mission? Was the fight hard for you? Were you shocked when she was killed?
Jack is often utilised to juxtapose tragedy with humour. How did you react to Jack’s spoon story in New Haven? How about his belated violin joke after Bloodwing’s death? Did you find these moments funny? Were you horrified? Did you feel a little bit of both?
Did your feelings about Claptrap change after his pitiful birthday party? Why or why not?
What do you predict will happen in the story?
Do you have a new favourite mission? Or least favourite?
Any cool bit of loot that you’ve picked up that’s replaced your favourites?
As always, got any stories you wanna share?

1. I think she is telling the truth, but Jack can still interfere with her, so she's still someone to be cautious of.
2. My Twin Teapot gun is useful. Corrosion for the win! Weaker in numbers than my other gun, but the effect more than makes up for it.
3. It panned out more or less as expected, except that I died less than usual (once, I think during the Bloodwing fight, and a few more times during the level.) I happened to be kitted out with a Spike shield which kept off the scags, and a rocket launcher which cut down her health fast.. I was expecting the kill switch, because that seemed like a very Jack thing to do. I liked getting the Tiny Tina and Maya origins in the ECHOs, although didn't get to hear some of them because Mordecai interrupted with something plot related. On the whole, this one was pretty fun.

4. Jack's spoon story is flat out horrifying. The violin story didn't bother me as much, it just drives home how little he cares about anything happening. Jack treats the world like he's playing a video game.

5. Not especially. I think something will happen to claptrap later,, he'll reveal either a selfless or vicious side at an important moment.

6. Whatever is in that vault isn't what any of us expect. It didn't go well last time, it's not going to be different this time. Angel is telling the truth, but Jack is listening and will have a surprise for us.

7. Enjoyed that showdown in the churchyard, although I wish there was some kind of quick draw mini-game. I think we're the ugly. Finding Tannis' journals was difficult, but fun, as they're in the most improbable places imaginable. Took me forever to find the one on the bridge.

8. My Ponderous Corrosive Spike Shield is obsolete now, as is Flame of the Firehawk, which is a shame. I have a new Jakobs Sniper rifle that can do 4,000 damage to Loaders on a crit.

9. Died a lot on the Gluttonous Thresher until I figured out to flee across the river and snipe across the bridge. Didn't intend to do Hammerlock's mission, but found the ECHOs by accident while looking for Tannis' diaries, and killed the Threshers and Crystalisks just trying to stay alive while exploring.

Gave pictures to Moxxxi. Ethics, mostly. Didn't interfere in clan war.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
>Part Seven
maxresdefault.jpg
Chapter 12: The Once and Future Slab

Required Sidequest(s)
  • None

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • The Bane Rewards you with The Bane gun.
  • Shoot This Guy in the Face
  • Poetic Liscense

Chapter 13: The Man Who Would Be Jack

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Home Movies
  • Written by the Victor
  • Statuesque - Rewards you with a custom head!

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Hell Hath No Fury
  • Rocko’s Modern Strife
  • DEfend Slab Tower
  • Hyperion Contract 873
  • 3:10 to Kaboom
  • Breaking the Bank
  • Showdown - Rewards you with the Deputy’s Badge relic.
  • Animal Rescue: Medicine
  • ^Animal Rescue: Food
  • ^Animal Rescue: Shelter

Summary: Back at the Crimson Raider’s Headquarters, Roland sends you on a mission to deliver a note to an ex-Crimson Raider known as the ‘Slab King’ in Thousand Cuts. You arrive in Thousand Cuts where you power through bandits in order to reach the King, all whilst being accused of being a Hyperion Assassin and listening to the King lament the death of his pup, Dusty. You finally reach the fortress where the King resides, but before he will work with you, the King has you fight several more of his men in order to prove your worth. After killing the last of his Slabs, the Slab King jumps down to your level and reveals himself to be Brick.

Brick agrees to help you penetrate the bunker with the use of his buzzards—that’s when you’re attacked by Jack’s mortars. You and Brick quickly destroy the beacons that are guiding the mortars and return to Sanctuary. There, Angel communicates tells you how to bypass the door that will only open for Jack. She instructs you to travel to Opportunity and kill one of his doubles in order to obtain a bio-scan and voice modulator.

You go through Opportunity, activating kiosks spouting out propaganda voiced by Jack and murdering his double, obtaining all you need to get past Jack’s door. You’re testing out how you sound as Jack when Angel yells out in pain.

“You seriously thought you could hide from me, Angel?” Jack says to her.

You return to Sanctuary where Lilith and Roland are having an argument as to whether or not Lilith is tagging along with Roland to get the Vault Key. Things are set in motion to break in.

Questions
  1. You’ve been given a chance to explore Opportunity, Jack’s vision of a quintessential town. Visually, it’s a stark contrast to what you’ve seen on the harsh lands of Pandora, which is dotted with abandoned infrastructure and bandit slums, but in what ways do you find Opportunity and everything it represents similar to bandit camps and the like of Pandora? Do you think Jack is that much different from any of the bandits you’ve encountered?
  2. Do you think the idea of a utopia such as Opportunity is in and of itself a bad thing? If so, in what ways would you take in order to bring ‘order’ to Pandora?
  3. Are you in any way shape or form sympathetic to Jack’s plight in ‘civilising’ Pandora?
  4. Did the propaganda you encountered remind you of anything in particular either recently or in history?
  5. (Newbies) What do you predict will happen with Angel? Do you think Lilith should stay in Sanctuary or help fight?
  6. (Vets) Now we’ve seen all the old Vault Hunters! Who was your favourite reveal/made you fangasm the hardest??

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
You’ve been given a chance to explore Opportunity, Jack’s vision of a quintessential town. Visually, it’s a stark contrast to what you’ve seen on the harsh lands of Pandora, which is dotted with abandoned infrastructure and bandit slums, but in what ways do you find Opportunity and everything it represents similar to bandit camps and the like of Pandora? Do you think Jack is that much different from any of the bandits you’ve encountered?
Do you think the idea of a utopia such as Opportunity is in and of itself a bad thing? If so, in what ways would you take in order to bring ‘order’ to Pandora?
Are you in any way shape or form sympathetic to Jack’s plight in ‘civilising’ Pandora?
Did the propaganda you encountered remind you of anything in particular either recently or in history?
(Newbies) What do you predict will happen with Angel? Do you think Lilith should stay in Sanctuary or help fight?
(Vets) Now we’ve seen all the old Vault Hunters! Who was your favourite reveal/made you fangasm the hardest??

1. Honestly, Opportunity seems a lot like many of the other ruins we've seen on Pandora before. I expect that Dahl et al had their own strongholds, this one isn't any different.
2. As Utopias go, it sure isn't very secure. I was able to easily go on the rampage, including breaching a dam, breaking into the command centre, two assassinations, with enough time to waste for some petty vandalism. I'm even dying less than usual. Some kind of checkpoint at the gate would help. Lynchwood is a lot tougher to crack.

Clement's patented 'conquer the world' plan:

1. Pay the bandits to keep order in their own territories, subject to my rules.
2. Issue IDs to use hyperion facilities. Don't go hunting in the wilderness, make them come to me for medicine and stuff. Avoid oppressing Sanctuary, the bloodshots are doing fine on their own.
3. Remove vault hunter subscription to New U station after they cost me more money than I'm making from the respawns. Admittedly, that will take a while.
4. Ensure my gated communities have gates. Scrap wildlife exploitation preserve. Making dangerous animals more dangerous is not a useful endeavor.
5.Giant gold statues of me are to be made of easy to replace materials to save costs when they are inevitably vandalised. Same are to be regularly air dropped into bandit strongholds, to provide them with occupational therapy.

3. After that spoon story? No.

4. Not really, I don't know of any company that builds giant statues of their CEOs.

5. Jack always knows everything we're doing instantly so far, down to which specific statue I'm breaking. I can't imagine he's suddenly out of the loop this time. Lilith should stay away. Her powers are affected by iridium and so is the vault key. Not a good idea to mix the two until you know what you're doing.

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
>Part Eight
borderlands2-8.jpg
Chapter 14: Where Angels Fear to Tread

Required Sidequest(s)
  • None

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • None

Chapter 15: Where Angels Fear to Tread Part 2

Required Sidequest(s)
  • Bearer of Bad News

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • Demon Hunter (unlocks after Animal Shelter)
  • Hyperion Slaughter (All Five Rounds)

Summary: After convincing Claptrap to help steal the Vault Key, you travel to Thousand Cuts and power your way through Hyperion defences until you’ve made it to the Bunker, where you take down more guards, including a combative aircraft called BNK3R, with Brick’s and the Slabs help.

Once the BNK3R is taken out, you travel to Control Core Angel, where you finally meet Angel face to face. You find out that Jack has been keeping Angel imprisoned for years, pumping her full of Eridum, in order to charge the Vault Key. You are told that in order to destroy the Vault Key, you must kill Angel. This sends Jack into a fury and he sends more Hyperion firepower in an attempt to stop you. Luckily, Roland shows up to help.

So does Lilith.

You carry on fighting, Jack pleading with you to spare Angel’s life all the while, and Angel telling you to ignore Jack’s manipulation. Angel dies and Roland moves in to take the Vault Key, but is stopped by Jack who shoots him in the back. Roland falls to the floor, dead. Infuriated, Lilith attempts to attack Jack, but Jack stunts her power with a special collar and orders her to kill you. You’re sent to Sanctuary instead.

With Roland murdered and Lilith abducted, you, Mordecai, and the rest of the Raiders are thrown off balance.

Questions
  1. Of all the fights you had to take on in these chapters, which was the most frustrating: Infiltrating the Hyperion forces in Thousand Cuts, taking down the BNK3R at ‘The Bunker’, or destroying the Eridium pumps whilst fending off Hyperion fire? Which was the most rewarding/fun?
  2. The password to get into Angel’s chambers is: I love you. What do you make of Jack and Angel’s relationship? Do you believe that Jack genuinely loves her (on some level)?
  3. How did you react to Angel’s death? How about Roland’s?
  4. What do you reckon will happen story-wise now?
  5. On a lighter note, did you pick up any sweet loot from your boss fights?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Of all the fights you had to take on in these chapters, which was the most frustrating: Infiltrating the Hyperion forces in Thousand Cuts, taking down the BNK3R at ‘The Bunker’, or destroying the Eridium pumps whilst fending off Hyperion fire? Which was the most rewarding/fun?
The password to get into Angel’s chambers is: I love you. What do you make of Jack and Angel’s relationship? Do you believe that Jack genuinely loves her (on some level)?
How did you react to Angel’s death? How about Roland’s?
What do you reckon will happen story-wise now?
On a lighter note, did you pick up any sweet loot from your boss fights?

1. BNK3R was by far the hardest. Took me a long time to figure out how to do enough damage
(burstfire sniper rifle)
and I actually had to Fast Travel out to refill my ammunition because I couldn't afford to buy any. I think it stopped creating repair surveyors because it took pity on me, but I could be wrong on that.

Also used the Bane for the first time, found the curse pretty cute actually. Angel's reactor was tricky to a point, but Corrosive Gun worked out pretty well, and I had to repeat it three times because it glitched when Jack turned off the bridge, with Roland frozen in midair. Reactor was the most fun, working together with the others.

2. Jack probably does, he didn't have to show up in person. They must have a lot of history we never saw, makes it tricky to judge.

3. Angel's death... I was ambivalent towards, I don't really know much about her, and I'm not that fond of 'please kill me' missions in general. Roland's death felt kind of cheap to be honest, Jack teleporting in at the exact right moment in the exact right spot and succeeding where his army of robots failed with a shot that really should have been stopped by Roland's Shield. But that's just me being overly strict, and possibly too invested in him, because he's the character I most didn't want to die. I was expecting something to happen to Lilith once we brought a Siren into a room designed to restrain Sirens.

4. Some kind of attack on Sanctuary. Rescue mission for Lilith. Climactic fight in Vault.

5. I get most of my favourite loot as mission rewards, like the Twin Teapot. Got a Conquering Corrosive Shield from a Constructor (I think) that is going to see some use, though.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Nine

>Part Nine
Chapter 16: Toil and Trouble

Required Sidequest(s)
  • To Grandma’s House We Go

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • This Just In
  • BFFs - Awards you with the ‘Order’ gun
  • The Chosen One
  • Monster Mash (All 3 Parts)
  • A Real Boy - Awards you with the ‘Fibber’ gun when you complete all three parts
  • Kill Yourself
  • Capture the Flags
  • The Lost Treasure
  • The Great Escape

Summary:
The death of Roland and Bloodwing and the loss of Lith has left your team shaken, but not broken. Mordecai sends you on a mission to break into the Hyperion Info Stockade in the Eridium Blight to try and find out where the Warrior is. Meanwhile, Jack vows to kill you personally, threatening any bandit who’s thinking of getting to you first.

Jack cuts off your access to the Stockade, but you manage to bypass this by blowing a path. You prepare your final assault on Jack.

Questions
  1. How did you handle navigating Sawtooth Cauldron in comparison to other maps?
  2. Angel has referred to Jack as a coward in the past. Do you actually believe Jack will actually come out to actually fight you?
  3. Assuming that this final plan to take down Jack works, what do you think it will mean for the future of Pandora? Are the bandits still a concern? Or do you see this fight as one for the bandits, even as they try to kill you and you kill them?
  4. Do you believe it inevitable that another ‘Jack’ will try to civilise Pandora, (especially considering Jack’s apparent roots as a bandit himself)?
  5. As always, got any stories???

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Pardon the tidiness! Have been losing hella track of time and space and everything these days

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
How did you handle navigating Sawtooth Cauldron in comparison to other maps?

Awkward to find your way around, I went there to do sidequests before I realised the main plot was taking me there anyway.

I usually just run past encounters rather than waste time with them, and occasionally humiliatingly fall off cliffs.

Angel has referred to Jack as a coward in the past. Do you actually believe Jack will actually come out to actually fight you?

Yes, but I suspect a giant robot of some kind will be involved. Angel hates Jack, her perspective might be skewed.

Assuming that this final plan to take down Jack works, what do you think it will mean for the future of Pandora? Are the bandits still a concern? Or do you see this fight as one for the bandits, even as they try to kill you and you kill them?

It's just another cycle in a long line of failed attempt to civilise Pandora. There'll just be Hyperion ruins as well as Dahl ones on the surface. Pandora won't improve especially.

Do you believe it inevitable that another ‘Jack’ will try to civilise Pandora, (especially considering Jack’s apparent roots as a bandit himself)?

Depends on if it's still full of valuable resources or not. None of the corps were trying to civilise Pandora for its own sake, they just wanted to create mines and such.

As always, got any stories???

Y'know, I never thought I'd actually get to kill a hundred bandits, but this canyon proved me wrong. I just throw my six fire grenades and run away. I accidentally completed two quests because of the amount of bandits you have to kill to get up the tower.

The Sawteeth are definitely the toughest bandit crew there is so far. Although oddly the Bloodshots seem to have the most territory.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Part Ten

>Part Ten
vault_of_the_warrior_1080p_screenshots_by_supertaireamfan-dbh8irm.jpg
Chapter 18: The Talon of God

Bonus Sidequest(s)
  • You. Will. Die. (Seriously.) - would recommend doing with friends.

Summary:
This is it. You make a final tour around Sanctuary to talk to the townsfolk there who each give you a weapon to take into battle. Afterwards, you travel to the Eridium Blight to meet up with Claptrap. After struggling to hack the gate to Hero’s Pass, you and Claptrap charge in, but Claptrap is prevented from going very far with you by his ultimate kryptonite: stairs.

After fighting through Hero’s Pass with the help of Brick and Mordecai, you reach the Vault of the Warrior. You battle Jack at the start, but just as you seem to have the upper hand, Jack uses the Vault Key to summon the Warrior.

After a gruelling battle with the ancient beast and freeing Lilith from her constraints, Jack rants on and on in denial of his own defeat. With a final blow, you end Jack’s life and Pandora is ultimately saved.

Questions
  1. How effective was the game in conveying the gravity of your final battle with Jack in Sanctuary? Were you getting emotional/riled up as the personalities of Sanctuary were bidding you good luck?
  2. Final thoughts on Claptrap? Do you kinda wish the developers hadn’t prevented Claptrap from partaking in the final battle?
  3. How did you manage getting through Hero’s Pass? Did it feel like Brick and Mordecai made a difference?
  4. Describe the moment you finally put the Warrior to rest.
  5. Did you let Lilith have the final blow? Why or why not?
  6. You’ve completed the game!! How do you feel? What are your thoughts on this game overall? Are you going to run through it again in a different mode?

Now that you’ve finished, we’re going to revisit some reoccurring questions for the last time...
  7. Have you caught onto any more pop culture references? What's been your favourite?
  8. Favourite bit of bandit dialogue that you’ve heard?
  9. What have been your least favourite enemies to deal overall and why?
  10. Favourite bit of loot that you’ve picked up and/or been given?
  11. What was your favourite mission to do? Your least favourite? Why?
  12. What was your gear going into the final fight with Jack?
  13. What are your hopes, thoughts, speculations of what’s going to go into Borderlands 3?
  14. Finally...got any stories for the community? :P

Top Bottom