• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Brooke/Madam Mayor's Nominee Q and A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the Moderator Q and A threads, every member is allowed to ask potential moderator candidates questions to more completely gauge how you think they'd act as a mod. They are free to answer or not answer these questions as they like. I would ask that you keep the questions and answers fairly serious, since you're trying to determine if each nominee will be a good fit as a moderator. Now, don't think you can't have any fun with this, just don't completely lose the plot for jokes I'd also ask that you not use these threads to pursue vendettas or cause trouble, as it would be rude to the nominees.
Threads will remain open for half a week, after which a voting thread will be opened.

That said, this is the Q and A thread for Brooke, so get to it.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
you notice that a group of people are mocking one particular poster. how would you respond?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

Hey everyone. I'm going to respond to questions in separate posts so I don't write the most ridiculous tldr and lose it somehow. :P Also, for scenario questions I'll try to answer based on what I think you would be referring to, but feel free to restate the question if you want a different type of answer.

what are your thoughts on homosexuality

I adore TLS for being a community where everyone can be open about their sexual orientations. It makes me proud to be here.

you notice that a group of people are mocking one particular poster. how would you respond?

The scenario is that the poster in question has done nothing wrong (no rules broken). Perhaps what they said is being mocked as "uncool" or whatnot by the group who is doing the mocking. My first reaction would be to publicly post in the thread in question stating something along the lines of "knock it off". If any particular poster was extremely rude, I may give them a private message on the matter and post in question. I'd hand out infractions if it continued after my first warning. I'd be harsher if the mocking was attacking the person themselves compared to just the idea they brought up.

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

I'm lucky that the people I consider my friends on TLS are some of the closest I've ever had in my life. As such, I know they'd understand (maybe not right away) if I had to tell them they were being dicks. I know for my close friends the language I might use with them would be less formal in PMs/messaging about these matters than other members. However, at the end of the day, I'd make sure the point got across and I'd take it as far as it would need to for the situation to be under control.

Last edited:
A member makes a thread about how horrible of a Mod you are. How would you react?

Tone would be a big factor. Like towards any member, a thread that's outright bashing and being a jerk wouldn't be tolerated and I'd ask a fellow mod to close it. I wouldn't ignore it, but I'd explain to the poster that those kind of threads aren't acceptable on TLS. I'd try in a different thread or a new thread to diffuse the situation and talk through it with whoever was having the issues.

EDIT: I feel this would need to be at least a two mod job because anything I did would probably cause more drama for the situation in terms of using mod powers.

If it was a legit complaint and brought up in a more polite and honest tone I'd probably keep it open and again discuss the issues being presented. I hope I never get to the point where I'm completely unapproachable and that public threads need to be made rather than just PMing me about what they think I'm doing wrong. I always try to explain my reasoning for anything, and try to be as logical as possible. But I screw up like everyone else and I'm okay with calm and constructive criticism. In fact, I enjoy it because I always like to improve myself whenever I can.

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

Demand I run the TLS awards this year since last year's was the start of people demanding I be modded and therefore seems appropriate.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Ok, I just wanted to know what nominees will do in such situations, esp if it concerns an active member.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What happens off the forum is actually none of staff's concern. Just sayin'. :monster:

Ok, I just wanted to know what nominees will do in such situations, esp if it concerns an active member.

I'm going to deviate from Road here, but this might be part of my dual role as Mod and Site Staff, but I do think that what members say about TLS off TLS is something worth concerning ourselves about, if not necessarily in an official capacity.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Yeah that's what I'm curious about. I'm aware about the rule Road said but I just want to know if a nominee feels something has to be done if it concerns an active member, esp if he/she is the first one to know about it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm sorry if this question is too personal.

You said you were disappointed with how you handled Aaron's comment in last week's drama, because you got mad and upset. Are you worried about how you might react if a similar situation were to arise again while you were a member of staff?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Already been said but what happens at X rule kind of applies? I mean ya, on a personal level I'd consider that a dick move but I certainly wouldn't do anything as a mod. I could see the most I got involved be bringing it up to staff and hoping things could pass through the grapevine to someone who's on good terms with said person to find out what's up. But that's only if I was really worried that what they were doing would hurt TLS somehow. As in, it would have to be public and getting a lot of views. People want to complain about TLS in skype chats or msn it would not concern me at all.

I'm sorry if this question is too personal.

You said you were disappointed with how you handled Aaron's comment in last week's drama, because you got mad and upset. Are you worried about how you might react if a similar situation were to arise again while you were a member of staff?

Considering I hardly ever get to that point, no, I'm not concerned. I very rarely get angry at well... anything. It's kind of a useless emotion for me and I'd rather just move on then spend time angry at something. That situation I was upset and with the combination of friends telling me I should stand up for myself I snapped. Even then, people don't seem to think I overreacted so I guess I also have much higher standards for myself.

I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

This would be extremely scenario specific, but obviously people can't break rules outside of the forum. At the same time, I would not tolerate bullying and would ask for details to look over with other staff members. The most we would be able to do is either split up these members or hand out temp-bans to the one who is doing the stalking/harassment/bullying as a way to tell them that we don't appreciate our members being treated like this.

Basically, I wouldn't ignore it, but how exactly to go about it would depend on what kind of evidence is brought forth and whether it's stalking, or whether it's just two members both being jerks to each other (in this case it would probably be a time out for each and move on).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

More events like secret santa to promote community involvement on a level that doesn't require a ton of commitment (compared to lets say participating in a LP or writing an article).

Plus do more of my "welcome to TLS from the mayor" posts that I continuously forget to do. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom