By popular demand, snow

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:cthulhu:

Also note it will probably only work on modern browsers, it's a CSS 3 animation thingy.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You know what that means:

tumblr_m8illlLg2U1qj33v8o1_400.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Me and Carlie, who persisted for this, would like to say one thing.

tumblr_inline_mssrsxeJ5N1qz4rgp.gif

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That... is actually quite nice :) I'm surprised that I like it.

Edit: it does cause a bit of lag ("screen tearing") when scrolling the page, which never happened before, but that's probably just down to my shitty laptop. Is there any way of disabling it short of using custom CSS in my browser?

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, happens here too, I get white blocks and shit when scrolling up. It's because it's newfangled and shit, :monster:.

As for disabling it... I can't be arsed to figure out how. You could switch to TLS Oldskool or vBulletin default (I think) I guess.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hey, be glad I didn't actually add shit like green and red shit, lights and fat bearded old men in sleighs, or, *shudder*, background music :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I would have commented on this sooner, but I wasn't at home and do something like 99% of my browsing on my phone. Which was impossible with the snow effect because the phone wouldn't respond to commands to post and would barely load any threads. :monster:

It also got hot enough to cook an egg and the battery dropped from 100% to 60% in about five minutes. Couldn't get it to respond to commands to switch to default vB either.

tl;dr: I hate the snow.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Perhaps we could compromise and switch our background to a static picture of snow, rather than a fancy animation? That wouldn't cause any browser issues and nobody's phone would suffer a core meltdown.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Perhaps we could compromise and switch our background to a static picture of snow, rather than a fancy animation? That wouldn't cause any browser issues and nobody's phone would suffer a core meltdown.

:'(

I like the animation. Snow so pretty.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
It works on my phone but not on my laptop. Conclusion: My laptop is shit (but I knew that already)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What browser do you use on your laptop? If it's IE, well there's your problem, :monster:.

Phones have either Safari or Chrome (or the Android browser, which is what Chrome was based on and the two are getting merged), both support CSS 3 and modern web standards and shit, IE don't, :monster:

Remnant-of-VII

Black Mage Mechanic
AKA
Remy
Seems a bit laggy with all of the gifs running along side it. Probably has something to do with my tablet not having enough memory to run all of it. Still, it's cool as shit. Nice work.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's not a gif, it's a CSS animation that uses an image like http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5230/snowh.png and some CSS trickery to work, :monster:. It's also unlikely that it's related to memory, more CPU/GPU/browser optimizations (or the lack thereof). Actually, here's teh codez:

Code:
@keyframes snow { 
    0% { background-position: 0px 0px, 0px 0px, 0px 0px }

100% { background-position: 500px 1000px, 400px 400px, 300px 300px }
}

@-moz-keyframes snow { 

}

@-webkit-keyframes snow { 

50% { background-color: #051012}

100% {
        background-position: 500px 1000px, 400px 400px, 300px 300px;
        background-color: #1C1D1C;
    }
}

@-ms-keyframes snow { 

}

body {
    background-color: #1C1D1C;
    background-image: url('http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5230/snowh.png'), url('http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9146/snow3q.png'), url('http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5065/snow2l.png');
    -webkit-animation: snow 20s linear infinite;
    -moz-animation: snow 20s linear infinite;
    -ms-animation: snow 20s linear infinite;
    animation: snow 20s linear infinite;
}

Top Bottom