• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Christopher Plummer, well-known for his role in the Sound of Music and having an appearance in the first National Treasure movie has passed away in his sleep, aged 91.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Marty Schottenheimer, NFL head coach (Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Football Team, San Diego Chargers), at 77 following a battle with Alzheimer's. Notable moments in his coaching career include reaching the AFC Championship Game 3 times, signing Marcus Allen and trading for Joe Montana during the first free agency class, and LaDainian Tomlinson breaking the single season touchdown record (which still stands today).

Not a big surprise, considering he’s been in poor health for a number of years, but a very sad day for the sport nonetheless. Coached some great teams in Cleveland and KC, and was also ridiculously fired by the Chargers after going 14-2. Was also harshly sacked by Washington because their owner is a moron. Such a shame he never got to coach in a Super Bowl...

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Not a big surprise, considering he’s been in poor health for a number of years, but a very sad day for the sport nonetheless. Coached some great teams in Cleveland and KC, and was also ridiculously fired by the Chargers after going 14-2. Was also harshly sacked by Washington because their owner is a moron. Such a shame he never got to coach in a Super Bowl...
His Cleveland teams in particular had the misfortune of having to play the Elway-led Denver Broncos in both AFC Championship Games they played under his watch. Those two games were known for The Drive and The Fumble. And Schottenheimer might've kept his job in San Diego had Marlon McCree not fumbled the damn ball following that interception.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Jim Crockett, Jr., professional wrestling promoter (Jim Crockett Promotions) and president of the NWA for most of the 1980s, at 76. Jim Crockett Promotions (known for making wrestlers such as Ric Flair, the Four Horsemen stable, Lex Luger, the Road Warriors, and Sting into household names) emerged as the primary competitor to WWE in the 80s before being sold to cable television mogul Ted Turner, who subsequently renamed the promotion to WCW. JCP was also responsible for promoting wrestling's first successful pay-per-view, Starrcade, in 1983 (predating the first WrestleMania by roughly a year and a half).

Last edited:
AKA
Alex
Christopher Plummer, well-known for his role in the Sound of Music and having an appearance in the first National Treasure movie has passed away in his sleep, aged 91.

His memoir, In Spite of Myself, is a great read (though I should qualify that it`s more of a diary-style book). Was fortunate enough to nab a signed copy a couple months back.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Lou Ottens, inventor of the audio cassette tape, at 94. In addition to this, he ironically had a hand in developing the medium that phased out the cassette tape (as well as vinyl); the compact disc.

Cassette tapes are the biggest reason I had almost zero experience with listening to vinyl albums as a kid. On top of the fact that nearly all of my family's music collection was on the cassette format during my first few years, CDs started coming into the mix when I was 7, and it wasn't until I was 15 when I finally ditched tapes in favor of CDs (which was around the time tapes finally went obsolete), and just recently got into vinyl.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I wonder if there is a level of fidelity so high, for a digital audio file, that would make the digital waveform so close to analog that the human ear can’t notice a difference. I kinda wanna research this when I get home now.

Top Bottom