• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Takao Saito at 84 by pancreatic cancer.

Author of Golgo 13, the longest running manga still in publication (since 1968) with 201 volumes and the second best selling manga of all time with over 300 millons copies.

Shogakukan announced that Saito had said before his death that he wanted the manga to continue on without him, and the Saito Production group of artists will continue on the work with the assistance of the editorial department of Shogakukan's Big Comic magazine and an additional scriptwriting staff.

Takao-Saito-golgo-13-1000x600.jpg

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Damn, another legend in manga authorship gone. How sad. He left behind quite the legacy though, and he clearly wanted it to live on past him. Pancreatic cancer is no joke, and it's so important for people to be aware and screen for it while it's early. Jeez.. that's so depressing.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Eddie Robinson, Major League Baseball player and General Manager, at 100. Robinson had been the oldest living former player since 2019. Additionally, he was the last surviving player of the following

• 1942 season
  • to play in League Park in Cleveland (which was abandoned in 1946)
  • on the roster of the 1948 Cleveland Indians team that won the World Series (the most recent World Series the franchise won)
He was also the oldest living player whose career was interrupted by military service associated with World War II, and oldest living player to win a World Series.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Reggie Parks, wrestling championship belt designer, at 87.

Parks's most notable belt designs include the "Winged Eagle" design for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship used from 1988-1998 (first held by Hulk Hogan on the night he dropped it to Andre the Giant, last held by Stone Cold Steve Austin the night he won it from Shawn Michaels), the same promotion's Intercontinental Championship belt from the same era, and the belt design for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship that was briefly used in the early 90s.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Tom Matte, former Baltimore Colts running back, at age 82. Matte was notable for being one of the first "emergency quarterbacks" in NFL history, playing the position at one point when Johnny Unitas and his backup were both injured.

It was in his role as an emergency quarterback that he was given a makeshift wristband containing offensive plays as a cheat sheet. That wristband is now a standard piece of equipment for quarterbacks.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Bobby Collins, former SMU football coach, at age 88.

His tenure at SMU, though successful on the field, was marred by a major improper benefits scandal so severe that the NCAA banned the school's football team from competition for 2 years (an sanction commonly known as the Death Penalty), which in turn eventually led to the collapse of the Southwest Conference.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Stephen Sondheim, Broadway composer and lyricist, dies at 91.

Words can’t convey how much his work has meant to me. The first musical I remember seeing live was a concert version of Sweeney Todd and I was absolutely floored by the macabre power of its score. My favourite musical gigs have all been Sondheim: Company, West Side Story, Into the Woods, Sunday in the Park With George…

To sing him off, here’s Dame Judi Dench singing one of my favourite tunes of his, a heartbreakingly simple tune from A Little Night Music.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit, why? That's so tragic.

I have to say, Sweeney Todd was the first musical stage performance I ever saw and enjoyed. That's so depressing. Rest in peace, indeed.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Blackjack Lanza, WWE wrestler, at age 86. Lanza held several tag team titles (including that of WWE) with Blackjack Mulligan throughout the 70s and spent the 80s and 90s as a road agent in WWE, with an onscreen role as part of a group of officials (also including Rene Goulet and Tony Garea) who would rush in to maintain control when wrestlers got into fights.

Top Bottom