• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's so tragic. Ugh. She had battled esophageal cancer, and that's what caused her passing.

If anyone's on the fence about quitting smoking, now's the time to give it a shot. It really does a number on the body.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
That's so tragic. Ugh. She had battled esophageal cancer, and that's what caused her passing.

If anyone's on the fence about quitting smoking, now's the time to give it a shot. It really does a number on the body.

Agreed wholeheartedly. As a non-smoker as I never smoked in my whole life and I don't plan on doing so, quitting would be good for everyone.

Most of the time I find it difficult to read books (limited patience/concentration/reading-speed). Several of Anne Rice's works mark the few instances when literature grabbed my attention so strongly that it felt easy and natural to read fiction. Feels weird to know that she has passed.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
John Madden, legendary football coach, color commentator, and namesake of the Madden NFL video game franchise, at 85.

If that name isn't familiar to you, you don't know football. His name is synonymous with either the great Oakland Raiders teams of the 1970s, calling the biggest games in the broadcast booth with either Pat Summerall or Al Michaels across all 4 major TV networks (including 11 Super Bowls), advertising, or his namesake video game franchise that has spanned the last 6 console generations.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
It takes a special kind of man to transcend generations of football fans over the course of more than half a century the way Madden has. FOX just televised a documentary on him on Christmas Day, and I wasted no time recording it. If you grew up a fan of an NFC contender during the 80s and/or 90s (such as the Bears, Giants, Eagles, Rams, and WFT in the 80s, the Cowboys, Packers, Lions, and Vikings in the 90s, or the 49ers in both decades), you pretty much knew your game was going to be called by Pat Summerall and John Madden on either CBS or FOX. This even included the Thanksgiving Day game (with an NFC visiting team), the NFC Championship Game, and whatever Super Bowl was on his network.

And you can't mention his years on CBS and FOX without mentioning the Thanksgiving games he and Summerall did involving either the Lions or Cowboys, the Turkey Leg Award he gave out to the game's MVP (which literally was a turkey leg), and of course, the Turducken.

And the Madden Cruiser.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Jeeesus. If anyone was gonna live forever, I thought for sure it'd be her.
I'd say she was one of the few valid candidates to outlive Keith Richards.

Onto another entry...

Sam Jones, Hall of Fame basketball player (Boston Celtics), at age 88. Jones won 10 NBA Championships during the Celtics dynasty of the late 50s and throughout the 60s. The only player to win more NBA titles than him? His own teammate Bill Russell. (Turns out Jones was drafted the year after Russell was).

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Dan Reeves, NFL player (Dallas Cowboys) and head coach (Denver Broncos, New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons) and two time Super Bowl Champion (VI and XII), at age 77.

Reeves participated in 9 Super Bowls overall; 2 as a player for the Cowboys (V and VI), 3 as an assistant coach for the Cowboys (X, XII, and XIII), 3 as the head coach of the Broncos (XXI, XXII, and XXIV), and one as the head coach of the Falcons (XXXIII). Reeves also led the Falcons to one of the biggest upsets in league history with a victory over the Minnesota Vikings in the 1998 NFC Championship Game.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
It really just seem like all the legendary figures that defined the 20th century are leaving us. It’s really been that way since 2016. Society feels like it’s a little more hollow without all of them.

Top Bottom