Chance of an English lip sync

BlueShadow

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Ugh, I really can't shake this topic out of my mind!!

So, Crisis Core got a full reprogrammed English lip synchronization in both the in-game cutscenes and the hi-res fmv's. ACC has become just as big as CC among FFVII fans. So if they don't reprogram the English lip sync, wouldn't that be horribly inconsistent of SE?

And SE has really been hyping the realism in this movie. They talk about more blood effects and added dirt and dust to make the movie more realistic. What better way to 'f' that up, so to speak, in the English version by not lip syncing it. They could even keep the Japanese lip sync as an alt option on the BD I'm sure, because there's plenty of room in the BD to fit it.

Anyways, I won't be mad at SE if they decide not to... just disappointed.

But my main points are
  • Keeping consistent with CC
  • ACC is a big/popular enough project to do so
  • America loves FFVII too.
  • Realism
  • I'm almost sure that the BD can fit both the Japanese and English lip syncs.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
They'd need to do a proper English dub first. Proper English dub takes precedence over lipsynch, imho.

Also, they'd have to re-render all scenes for that - and seeing that even ACC didn't get all its scenes re-rendered, I somehow doubt they'd re-render the whole movie for an English synch.

Speaking of, how long would it have taken them to render the movie?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
They'd need to do a proper English dub first. Proper English dub takes precedence over lipsynch, imho.

Also, they'd have to re-render all scenes for that - and seeing that even ACC didn't get all its scenes re-rendered, I somehow doubt they'd re-render the whole movie for an English synch.

Speaking of, how long would it have taken them to render the movie?

Define "Proper English Dub" pl0x. There is an English Audio track for ACC currently.

I highly doubt they'll do this for ACC.

A fairly long time.

X :neo:

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
VictoriaValentine, SirYab
Well i think its probably cause of the money involved. People are more likely to play a videogame than watch a videogame movie so maybe thats why they only did it for crisis core :O

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
I'd like to see it happen, but I really doubt it. It's not necessary anyway, is it? If someone really wants lip sync they can just watch it in Japanese. You couldn't do that in Crisis Core.

Besides, it's Advent Children we're talking about here. The blood and the dirt helped a little, but the realism has been f'd up for a while now. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Define "Proper English Dub" pl0x. There is an English Audio track for ACC currently.

I highly doubt they'll do this for ACC.

A fairly long time.

X :neo:

I know, but that's far from proper. It's There, but that's about all you can say about it, :monster:.

jkoz

Lv. 25 Adventurer
To re-render the movie would take a while, but given the amount of time they had, and the powerful computers that they had, it should not have been an unrealistic request.

BlueShadow

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Right. And I completely understand the original AC not being synced, but it's been three (two?) years since then. ACC isn't a whole new movie either. Only about 30-40 min are new, and they're making just as much (if not more) money off of it. ACC is such a cash cow! XD They have all that time and all that profit, why not?

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I'm pretty sure we would be waiting for ACC longer if they had to reanimate the mouth movements to english.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
CC was lip-synched? That's weird, because it didn't look reprogrammed to me...

/n00b comment

jkoz

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Yes, Crisis Core was synced. And, they didn't even re-render the untouched scenes, so they would have to re-render them twice in HD: once for the Japanese lips and once for the English lips. If they didn't even do it for the Japanese voice track, I'm going with a 0% chance on this one.

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
Its not necessary. I disliked the English version very much. especially Kadaj. sounded like a whiny emo boy. with no emotion behind his dialogue. I watch the Japanese version but then i hate Aeriths voice in Japanese. sounds like a god damn crazy woman.

So all in all. ACC was a good as it gets. SE wont spend any more money on that movie. stick a fork in it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE POST IS LAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I vote for a proper and legitimate sub first. Then we can tackle such things as English voice actors and lip sinc... (Like Cthulthu said - to a degree.)

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
I vote for a proper and legitimate sub first. Then we can tackle such things as English voice actors and lip sinc... (Like Cthulthu said - to a degree.)

i didn't pick that up from what he said but what you say makes much more sense.

id like kadaj so sound like he has at-least hit puberty.

And i know Red XIII only had one line. but C-mon! it was just plain dreadful. I mentally voice cast him as Johnny Cash. but given hes dead now, that dream will never be realized. :rage:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I wouldn't care if their mouths stayed glued shut constantly -- get some decent gorram English VAs first, Sqex :monster:

Cid is not a redneck, assholes...

TragicPumpkin

Pumpkin King
AKA
Vistillian Visty
some might not agree but i didnt like the red neck cid. i mentally voice cast him as Jack Black. with the foul mouth and all.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
some might not agree but i didnt like the red neck cid. i mentally voice cast him as Jack Black. with the foul mouth and all.

I cannot STAND Redneck!Cid. It's not so much having a southern accent, or that Chris Edgarly can't deliver a line covincingly... But Cid's an intelligent sort of fellow. He built a fucking rocketship. He should not sound like his BAC is constantly 0.15.

Top Bottom