• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Chat at the bottom of the page

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No. I seriously don't think a live chat would be any good because yes. It'd kill the point of posting in the forums. The chit chat thread and shit already gets most of the content here. All that'd do is cause the posting in the forums to screech to a halt.

Meh. I find these ideas pretty unnecessary. Sorry. If you want to chat with your friends, get on AIM, MSN or whatever. When you come here, post ffs. There's already a chit chat thread.

Username

Banned
hey mako calm the fuck down.

and yeh the chit chat thread is ok, but not as responcive, and also people can talk about anything on live chat unlike chit chat thread.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
No. I seriously don't think a live chat would be any good because yes. It'd kill the point of posting in the forums. The chit chat thread and shit already gets most of the content here. All that'd do is cause the posting in the forums to screech to a halt.

Meh. I find these ideas pretty unnecessary. Sorry. If you want to chat with your friends, get on AIM, MSN or whatever. When you come here, post ffs. There's already a chit chat thread.

I suggested the shoutbox because its good for a bit of light chit chattery. When FCF was active people used the shoutbox heaps and still posted in a lot of threads at the same time. I dunno if it'll work the same here but a bit of trail and error is always good instead of saying NO THAT WON'T WORK. :monster:

Username

Banned
hang on kangajew it seems ur making this into ur own thread to me.

i dont like the way u make shoutbox seem so different to live chat, and consider live chat bad compared.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Because it is different in some ways. And i've already explained why live chat is bad compared to shoutbox, you're going in circles.

And no i'm not making this my own thread. Mako said he found all the ideas unnecessary and I was responding to it.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
hang on kangajew it seems ur making this into ur own thread to me.
Boo fucking hoo. Go kill yourself.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Chatrooms and shoutboxes are a handy feature, but I would seldom use them. Also, we should think twice about anything that might disrupt the server.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'd be much more willing and interested in a shoutbox than a live chat, if I'm to gonna be honest and open.

But the chat idea just seems to go against the whole point of forum posting. That's what I can't be arsed to agree or go with. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
so got any input into the thread ashes? :monster:

I think my input was plenty tbh.

But really I'm not too fussed either way, I hardly ever use Shoutboxes or Live Chats.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You lot spam this thread up too much, :monster:.

* Shoutbox or live chat is no difference whatsoever, peri0d.
* There's a shoutbox on FFOF and (probably) FCF, from FCF's side it seems to work.
* I dunno (and doubt) if a shoutbox / chat would distract from forum posting itself.
* I'm indifferent about whether or not to open a shoutbox at the moment. One side of me thinks it'll just be used to spam a whole lot, the other side thinks it'll reduce spam and short posts in other threads.

However, one thing to note is that if the forums get more activity, the shoutbox will soon become unworkable - I even think that five people posting in it at the same time will become very confusing, very soon. But someone with more experience with an active shoutbox should be able to reply to that. Another note to that is that forum activity has, on average, remained roughly the same over the past three months, so I can't make any predictions on any increasing forum activity.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
I'm against shoutboxes.... had experienced serious problems with those on the past.
Btw... we could do a Groups.IM for TLS, it's a contact that you add to your MSN, and it works just like a chat room, it's very nice and works great for me (I own at least 4 chat rooms).
If you want to take a look.... here's the link ----> http://groups.im/

Username

Banned
First of all, i apologise, i thought shoutbox was something different, i got it mixed up with something else. :monster:

Shoutbox will be spammy i recon, but like Cthulhu said, i think it would reduce certain spam in actual posts on the forum. Meh anyway, it would prob attract more viewers into joining the forum and posting.

Top Bottom