Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Luckily for me I don't have any taxes to pay er yet . . . until i get a job and move out and go to college *whimpers*. Ah one more year before I can leave high school and then enter another hellish institution--college. Well, at least it'll be one that I want to go to. :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Ya i kno rite. xD

Really it's only because my parents tend to like stressing how damn important it is that I consistently receive straight A's and when I don't . . .

When I show them anything less, and I mean anything (yes this means a B+ as well or in this case an 85 and up) they start giving me a tirade about how crucial it is that I perform to the best of my ability. Apparently they think I'm some "supah g3nius babeh" that was seemingly bestowed with vast intellect from the Powahs That Be.

Ugh whatever . . . I can't change their thinking anyway.

Yeah so this logic all adds up to them wanting me to go to college and them saying that I will go. Now their latest fixation is making me a more independent person. All their realism though sounds like pessimism to me though.

Teh mom: "Liek omgz j00 ave to pay teh taxes & billz & th3n j00 wiLl hav3 to g3t liek m4rried. BuT lyke 4 j0b iz liek supah imp0rtant and blah blah blah. "

My stepdad's even worse because my mom will at least try to soothe my wounds from that. My stepdad just rubs salt on it, metaphorically speaking: "Taylor, you HAVE to be more independent, you can't do this and that and blah blah blah and it's a weakness and blah blah blah. People will screw you over if you this and that and blah blah blah and college is not easy. Life is hard and blah blah blah."

Is there no positivity in this? No reassurance? No encouragement? Only pushing and pushing and pushing?

:( Sometimes I really can't stand them.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Ya i kno rite. xD

Really it's only because my parents tend to like stressing how damn important it is that I consistently receive straight A's and when I don't . . .

When I show them anything less, and I mean anything (yes this means a B+ as well or in this case an 85 and up) they start giving me a tirade about how crucial it is that I perform to the best of my ability. Apparently they think I'm some "supah g3nius babeh" that was seemingly bestowed with vast intellect from the Powahs That Be.

Ugh whatever . . . I can't change their thinking anyway.

Yeah so this logic all adds up to them wanting me to go to college and them saying that I will go. Now their latest fixation is making me a more independent person. All their realism though sounds like pessimism to me though.

Teh mom: "Liek omgz j00 ave to pay teh taxes & billz & th3n j00 wiLl hav3 to g3t liek m4rried. BuT lyke 4 j0b iz liek supah imp0rtant and blah blah blah. "

My stepdad's even worse because my mom will at least try to soothe my wounds from that. My stepdad just rubs salt on it, metaphorically speaking: "Taylor, you HAVE to be more independent, you can't do this and that and blah blah blah and it's a weakness and blah blah blah. People will screw you over if you this and that and blah blah blah and college is not easy. Life is hard and blah blah blah."

Is there no positivity in this? No reassurance? No encouragement? Only pushing and pushing and pushing?

:( Sometimes I really can't stand them.

Could you paraphrase this? :(

My attention span is only so much...

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Could you paraphrase this? :(

My attention span is only so much...

Lol :P How did I figure that you'd say that?

Basically my parents are tyrannical overly realistic--almost bordering on pessimism dictators specifically my mom though. They want me to get straight A's all the time, every year, consistently, and while they obviously have my best interests at heart: I hate the way they go on constantly nagging me about it. It's just like "shut up already, I get it, you're obsessed with pushing your own personal wishes on me and crap!"

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Lol :P How did I figure that you'd say that?

Basically my parents are tyrannical overly realistic--almost bordering on pessimism dictators specifically my mom though. They want me to get straight A's all the time, every year, consistently, and while they obviously have my best interests at heart: I hate the way they go on constantly nagging me about it. It's just like "shut up already, I get it, you're obsessed with pushing your own personal wishes on me and crap!"

If you're going for the straight A's... you've got to have some good exctracuricular activities and SAT scores or all that work will be in vain... as is what happened to me. :(

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
If you're going for the straight A's... you've got to have some good exctracuricular activities and SAT scores or all that work will be in vain... as is what happened to me. :(

Dude I'm pretty much halfway through high school and I don't fit that criteria at all. I'm more of an A-B kind of girl in terms of letter grades.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Well... you'll still have the chance of fitting into an average university and maybe a shot at some scholarships if you apply early enough...

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Well... you'll still have the chance of fitting into an average university and maybe a shot at some scholarships if you apply early enough...

True, very true. :) I'm looking at Rutger's as a definite potential and if not that then Lawrence University. Lol I had some really great opportunities to receive some scholarships but my parents shot them down. They're really picky. In fact just a few days ago I received this very formal invitation to go on a 10-day trip to two out of about seven universities/colleges or more. Apparently something that cost $2,999 for a full 10-day program that would take me to Fordham University and Georgetown University sounded far too pricey to them.

Ah it even came with an official brochure that included a list of guest speakers including President Barack Obama (I mean really why would I pass up on that?!), Hillary Clinton, and Janet Reno amongst some others. There was that and the fact that you were selected from amongst a multitude of students nationwide so I was one of the select few chosen from my state.

I would've opted for the Media & Journalism program since I had a small background in Journalism (I took a course in 8th grade) at some point during my schooling.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED HERE?! O:

Hi Atticus.

In posts like these. I sure as hell miss that Nonja. good thing I kept her pics.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I still think its BS that extracurricular activities have such a bearing on things these days. They shouldnt factor in at all.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED HERE?! O:

Hi Atticus.

In posts like these. I sure as hell miss that Nonja. good thing I kept her pics.

Um I went off on a tangent . . .? Heh-heh hey there!

Erm anyway Nocturne, I think that extracurricular activities can indicate a potential college-goer's personal interests. It's like going in for a job interview and sending in your resume. Normally you'll have a section you'll list your specialties and talents. Extracurricular activities are to college what talents and skills are to interviewers: pretty important. In a nutshell it provides them with enough information to show that this kid has a varied spectrum of interests, goals, achievements, (esp. if they're in clubs like moi) etc.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I told her to go on a date IRL. end of story. Girl with a bod like that deserves a good man and a nice test drive if y'all know what I mean.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Erm anyway Nocturne, I think that extracurricular activities can indicate a potential college-goer's personal interests. It's like going in for a job interview and sending in your resume. Normally you'll have a section you'll list your specialties and talents. Extracurricular activities are to college what talents and skills are to interviewers: pretty important. In a nutshell it provides them with enough information to show that this kid has a varied spectrum of interests, goals, achievements, (esp. if they're in clubs like moi) etc.

They CAN, with can being the key word. Personally, I think people just do things now for the most part because they know they have to, not because they want to.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
emos killing themselves by strapping bombs to their freshly cut wrists? I dunno, lol :monster:.

Also, a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?

Sadly, no. :no:

...so, liek, I don't know what the current topic is about right now but I found this while browsing for...stuff... :awesome:

kadajwhoa.gif

Something is terribly awkward about this picture :monster: And I can't stop laughing about it. XDDDDDDDDD

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
They CAN, with can being the key word. Personally, I think people just do things now for the most part because they know they have to, not because they want to.

Hmm interesting . . . well I'm going to post some pics on the Member Picture Thread. :)

A

Great Old One
God, I get Rick Rolled all the time. It's almost as annoying as the Chocolate Rain dude. :aah:

I told her to go on a date IRL. end of story. Girl with a bod like that deserves a good man and a nice test drive if y'all know what I mean.
Oh...

Something is terribly awkward about this picture And I can't stop laughing about it. XDDDDDDDDD
Wow, lol. :3

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yay I love your L avatar, Alise also Kadaj looks like a divaaaaaaa. Seriously, that picture's weird.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Oh my Gods, gracious lord, Kadaj is very erm *cough cough* well endowed--er I mean he has a nice sword *cough cough*. Yes his sword, Souba is very very VERY nice. :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom