• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cissnei - CC Ultimania

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
Hey guys

I'm trying to gather a bit more info on Cissnei, so far I have this:

Cissnei
[Weapon: Shuriken (Rekka)]
[Place of origin: Unknown]
[First person Pronouns: Watashi 私 ]
[Gameplay: If the attack does not hit, the weapon will return, so even if the enemy avoids it, you can hit with the returned weapon]

FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania:
"She is a gregarious and caring woman. While living in an orphanage, she was recognized for her latent ability and received a gifted education from an early age. She is the youngest person ever to enter the Turks and is a friend of Zack (→page 107)."

世 話 好 き で 面 倒 見 の 良 い 女 性 。 孤 児 院 で 暮 ら し て い た こ ろ 潜 在 能 力 を 認 め ら れ 、 幼 少 期 か ら 英 才 教 育 を 受 け た 。 史 上 最 年 少 で タ ー ク ス 入 り し た 才 女 で 、 ザ ッ ク ス の 友 人 で も あ る (→P.107)。
---

Miscellaneous Facts
0. During development of Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-, "Tian" was considered as an alternate codename for Cissnei.
1. Her official codename is Cissnei. Cissnei thought to reveal her real name to Zack, but she never revealed it. Also note, with the coming of Crisis Core the spelling which originally was Shisuné (which means “still water.”) was changed from the Romanji version of Shisuné to Cissnei—presumably to make it seem more suitable for the English version.
1.1 Cissnei may be derived from "cisne". Cisne is the Portuguese and Spanish word for "swan."
1.2 "Black Suit" it's another codename used by Cissnei in Crisis Core (most probably.)
2. Her loyalty to the Shinra Company and the Turks in particular is unquestionable. Having been raised by them, she came to realize throughout the years that, while the company has done some questionable things, they have also brought ease and progress to the lives of countless people. For better of for worse, she’ll stick by them. — To amend this information however, once the course of Before Crisis has been played out, the loyalty Cissnei—as well as all the other Before Crisis Turks—feel, shifts towards solely the Turks, having discovered Shinra’s true colors throughout the events of the game.
3. Cissnei appears in Episode 18 of Before Crisis along with Katana. There she reveals she was on assignment in a different branch of the Turks which was why she had been absent in the game up until that point. She also appears in BC’s Special Episode of Reno, during which it is disclosed that before appearing in Episode 18 in BC, her assignment was to keep Zack Fair under surveillance.
4. As mentioned previously, Cissnei appears as a supporting character in the game Crisis Core, during which much of her absence from the game Before Crisis can thereby be filled in.
5. Cissnei can be played from Chapter 19 onwards only.

Crisis Core
“The truth lies within each person. But even truth seems suspect once it leaves their mouths...”
Videos:
1)
2)
3)

Is there some more "interesting" tidbits in Crisis Core Ultimania? or Page 107 of FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania?

Hope someone can help!

Last edited:

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
Up! Anybody?
Is there some more "interesting" tidbits in Crisis Core Ultimania? or Page 107 of FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania?

Chocobo Eater

Pro Adventurer
I don't have any Ultimania info on me, but I've read somewhere that Cissnei was born in 1985, making her the same age as Aerith. Dunno if that was from the Ultimania / official sources, or if someone just made it up. Some clarification would be nice.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You can find out even more stuff about her by looking at Before Crisis :monster:

Transcription of Cissnei's character profile from page 27 of the Crisis Core Ultimania.

神羅に育てられた生え抜きのタークス

Cissnei
シスネ

年 齢 16歳(初登場時) 武 器 手裏剣
声 優 中田あすみ

史上最年少でタークス入りした記録を保
持する少女。身の上は天涯孤独で、孤児院
にいた幼少期に神羅から才能を見いだされ、
ゆくゆくはタークスとなるべく専門の訓練
をほどこされてきた。隊員のなかでもっと
も年下だが、困った者を放っておけない世
話好きな性分。八番街の警護中にザックス
と出会い、彼の人間性にひかれていく。

「子供の頃ね、
翼があればいいと思ってた」
――八番街:ジェネシス・コピーの翼を見やり
→自由の翼を願っていた
という言葉からは、幼少
期の苦労がうかがえる。

決してモンスターの証じゃない

複雑な生い立ちを負う少女
シスネはレノやルードとちがい、タークスの別働隊に
参加している。この部隊はタークスメンバーでも知る者
は少なく、所属するのは特殊な訓練を受けた者ばかり。
なかでもシスネは、その人生すべてをタークスに捧げる
べく英才教育を受け、「自分以外は敵」と教えこまれてき
た。そんな彼女も、仲間やザックスとのふれ合いによ
り、人との絆の大切さを理解しつつある。

今度はエアリス?
←コスタ・デル・ソルで
は水着姿を披露。スポー
ティなのが彼女らしい。

シスネ
……誰かにお祝いされるなんて
以前は考えたこともなかった……
↑ザックスとの付き合いが長くなるうち、神羅に育てられ特殊な
訓練を受けてきた己の生い立ちを、少しずつ彼に語るようになる。

→ザックスを助けるのは
友としてか、それとも女
としての想いゆえか……。

「10分だけ時間をあげるわ。
それを過ぎたら、私はタークスに戻る」
――ゴンガガ:ザックスを待ち伏せしつつも彼を見逃す

LINK TO FFVII SERIES

物語終盤に加わる精鋭戦士
全部で11人いる『BC』の主人公(プ
レイヤータークス)のうち、「手裏剣
(女)」とされているのがシスネだ。もっ
とも、彼女が『BC』本編に関わってくる
のは、物語終盤の[υ]‐εуλ0006年
10月末から。それまでは、タークス内
でもひとにぎりの精鋭からなる別働隊と
して極秘で動いている。『CC』初登場
となる0001年4月の時点の彼女は、
一般のタークスにもあまり知られてい
ない、特別な存在なのだ。

BC

【シスネ】
あの実験室で
何をされたの?
↑『BC』第19章のニブル平原の浜辺で逃
亡中のザックスと会話する場面は、『CC』
でも再現されている。

Note: The book appears to make an error and uses the symbol υ [ypsilon] instead of ν [nu] for the era notation. I have not found a font that somehow deforms ν to look like υ, at least.

Only use the auto-translation below to get a general jist. For confident quotation make sure to consult a human translator first.

Turk grown and raised by Shinra

Cissnei
Cissnei

Age: 16 years old (at first appearance). Weapon: Shuriken
Voice actor: Asumi Nakada

She holds the record for being the youngest
person ever to join the Turks. As a child in an
orphanage, Shinra discovered her talent and
trained her to eventually become a Turk.
She is the youngest of the group, but she is a
caring person who can't leave anyone in trouble
alone. While guarding Eighth Avenue, she
meets Zack and is attracted to his humanity.

"When I was a kid,
I used to wish I had wings."
**Official localization: When I was a kid, I always wanted to have wings.**​
--Eighth Avenue: looking over the wings of a Genesis copy"
→ The words "I wished for wings of freedom"
reveal the hardships of her childhood.

It's not a sign of a monster.
**Official localization: They don’t symbolize monsters.**​

A girl with a complicated upbringing
Unlike Reno and Rude, Cissnei is a member of a separate unit of the Turks.
Few Turks members know about this unit, and only those who have undergone special training
belong to it.
Cissnei, in particular, has been educated as a gifted person in order to devote her entire life
to the Turks, and has been taught that everyone other than herself is an enemy. However,
she is beginning to understand the importance of human bonds through her interactions
with her friends and Zack.

Aerith now?
**Official localization: Calling Aerith?**​
← She showed off her swimsuit
at the Costa del Sol.
Sporty is what she is.

Cissnei
I never thought of being congratulated
by someone before…
**Official localization: Before now, I had never even thought of people celebrating anything I did…**​
↑ As she spent more time with Zack, she gradually began to tell him about her upbringing,
where she was raised by Shinra and underwent special training.

→ Is she helping Zack as a friend or
because of her feelings as a woman?

"I'll give you 10 minutes. After that,
I return to the Turks."
**^Same as Official localization.**​
-- Gongaga: Zack ????????????
**Auto-translation is inadequate here**

LINK TO FFVII SERIES

An elite warrior who joins at the end of the story
Of the 11 main characters (player Turks) in "BC",
the one who is said to be "Shuriken (woman)" is
Cissnei. However, she has been involved in the
main part of "BC" from the end of October,
[υ] -εуλ 0006 at the end of the story. Until then,
she has been working in secret as a separate team
consisting of a handful of elite members within
Turks. As of April 0001, when CC first appeared,
she is a special person who is not well known
to the general Turks.

BC

Cissnei:
What did they do to you
in that lab?
**Official localization: What did they do to you in that place?**​
↑ The scene of talking with the fleeing Zack
on the beach of the Nibel Plains in Chapter 19 of
"BC", is recreated here in "CC".

The scan is bad because my scanner is broken. Haven't looked up yet if I can get it fixed or if I'll have to buy a new one.

Attachments

• CC-Ultimania_Page-027.jpg
    CC-Ultimania_Page-027.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
So this puts her at 16 about 5-6 months after Zack is confirmed to be 16.
So, around the same age as him and Aerith.
I'm surprised she's younger than Nunchaku.
Also surprised she's the youngest ever admitted into the Turks.
Considering Zack left home to apply for SOLDIER at 13, and presumably got in soon after, and Cloud joined the army at 14.
I guess the bar is a bit higher for the Turks.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So this puts her at 16 about 5-6 months after Zack is confirmed to be 16.
So, around the same age as him and Aerith.
I'm surprised she's younger than Nunchaku.
Also surprised she's the youngest ever admitted into the Turks.
Considering Zack left home to apply for SOLDIER at 13, and presumably got in soon after, and Cloud joined the army at 14.
I guess the bar is a bit higher for the Turks.

Well, Tseng was about 15 when Aerith and Ifalna originally escaped Shinra and is implied to have known her that long. Cissnei must have been even younger when she first joined the Turks.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
The younger model we know of is really just Tseng with a different haircut, he'd still tower over Elmyra with Aerith barely coming up over his knee.

That's fine I think.
He can be a tall 15 year old. Some people are fully grown by then.
That younger impression his face gives off though would make a big difference I think.
Not to mention that he's not supposed to have that hair style until after Verdot leaves. lol

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
That's fine I think.
He can be a tall 15 year old. Some people are fully grown by then.
That younger impression his face gives off though would make a big difference I think.
Not to mention that he's not supposed to have that hair style until after Verdot leaves. lol

He keeps the ponytail all the way till Zack's death, he just lets it loose to become the Tseng of OG afterwards.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
He keeps the ponytail all the way till Zack's death, he just lets it loose to become the Tseng of OG afterwards.

He lets it down after Rufus saves the remaining Turks and officializes Verdot's death, which is after Zack dies.
Zack dies between Chapters 20 and 21 of BC, and he lets down his hair in the ending epilogue. (0007/12/9, for the exact date).
But then CC shows him with it down in the CG so I dunno lol.

Last edited:

Cae Lumis

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Question and a riddle I've bumped into that I'm trying to find if true or debunked. So... I was asked recently if Cissnei was from Wutai prior to being found and taken to the Shinra-Operated Orphanage to raise her as a Turk. While I could find Japanese Sites and mentions of it, their consistent wording of some variation on "Because she was born in Wutai, she wields a Shurikan"... without any citations to back this up... leaves me less than impressed and more than a little suspicious on the veracity. I was equally told that there was a source on the old Adventchildren.net forums but... well... that avenue is an obvious dead-end to look on. So is there a source to this or thoroughly debunked?

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Question and a riddle I've bumped into that I'm trying to find if true or debunked. So... I was asked recently if Cissnei was from Wutai prior to being found and taken to the Shinra-Operated Orphanage to raise her as a Turk. While I could find Japanese Sites and mentions of it, their consistent wording of some variation on "Because she was born in Wutai, she wields a Shurikan"... without any citations to back this up... leaves me less than impressed and more than a little suspicious on the veracity. I was equally told that there was a source on the old Adventchildren.net forums but... well... that avenue is an obvious dead-end to look on. So is there a source to this or thoroughly debunked?

https://web.archive.org/web/2007111...l&id=1189620450&archive=&start_from=&ucat=37&
Here it is on the old forum through wayback machine.
"- Cissnei is described as being born in Wutai (since she's an orphan, perhaps her past will be revealed??) "

Apparently it's from the Gamaga October issue.

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
Great addition jeangl... I'm wondering if that should be taken in consideration since in a few compilation books the birthplace was never reveled.

Still a great addition. Interesting FYI from Crisis Core Complete Guide (Category 7-5: Orphans Escaping):
"Orphanage
An orphan housing facility run by Shinra as part of their charity work. But in actuality, the children are put through harsh training with the goal of cultivating future candidates for the Turks and SOLDIER. Cissnei is also from this facility, and after enduring the brutal training she was hired by the Turks. In Missions No. 205~210, “Orphans Escaping”, children from this orphanage have escaped."

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Great addition jeangl... I'm wondering if that should be taken in consideration since in a few compilation books the birthplace was never reveled.

Still a great addition. Interesting FYI from Crisis Core Complete Guide (Category 7-5: Orphans Escaping):
"Orphanage
An orphan housing facility run by Shinra as part of their charity work. But in actuality, the children are put through harsh training with the goal of cultivating future candidates for the Turks and SOLDIER. Cissnei is also from this facility, and after enduring the brutal training she was hired by the Turks. In Missions No. 205~210, “Orphans Escaping”, children from this orphanage have escaped."
Yeah I think I found the original Japanese source a while back, and it seems to have been speculation from her using a shuriken.

Last edited:
Top Bottom