Clouds dad

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this character has anything to do with Cloud. It is stated in Trace of Two Pasts that Cloud's father "disappeared" (and probably died) around 1987 on Mt Nibel. Personally I don't like the idea that he may have abandoned his son and Claudia, letting them believe he was dead, to join the army.

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this character has anything to do with Cloud. It is stated in Trace of Two Pasts that Cloud's father "disappeared" (and probably died) around 1987 on Mt Nibel. Personally I don't like the idea that he may have abandoned his son and Claudia, letting them believe he was dead, to join the army.

But remember what was at the Mt.? Those mutated soldiers! He probably ended up like them because he was one of the first! ?

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
But remember what was at the Mt.? Those mutated soldiers! He probably ended up like them because he was one of the first! ?
I'm far from knowing what the devs have in mind about Cloud's father, I just try to consider it from a human standpoint and this poor boy has already enough traumas to deal with, he doesn't really need also "immature father who pretended to be horribly slaughtered by monsters in order to abandon the family" or "diligent father who wanted to pick mushrooms for dinner on the mountains but ended up being experimented and turned into a monster that his son will have to kill while dealing with the effects of a similar long term experimentation himself", though I wouldn't exclude the latter, honestly.
I'm a dreamer but I'd wish he would remain dead and being used only as a plot device to justify why Cloud followed Tifa on the mountain when they were kids.

Anyway, I haven't read that novel in a long time and I don't recall the details but couldn't those three Soldier candidates be the characters that appeared in Picturing the Past?

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
I'm far from knowing what the devs have in mind about Cloud's father, I just try to consider it from a human standpoint and this poor boy has already enough traumas to deal with, he doesn't really need also "immature father who pretended to be horribly slaughtered by monsters in order to abandon the family" or "diligent father who wanted to pick mushrooms for dinner on the mountains but ended up being experimented and turned into a monster that his son will have to kill while dealing with the effects of a similar long term experimentation himself", though I wouldn't exclude the latter, honestly.
I'm a dreamer but I'd wish he would remain dead and being used only as a plot device to justify why Cloud followed Tifa on the mountain when they were kids.

Anyway, I haven't read that novel in a long time and I don't recall the details but couldn't those three Soldier candidates be the characters that appeared in Picturing the Past?
What if he was drafted?

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
I guess everything is possible, hopefully we'll find it out soon with Ever Crisis :)

Top Bottom