• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Community Playthrough Poll

What game do you want to play in our community playthrough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

Please make sure you are able to play a game before you vote for it.

You each have 2 votes. Use them wisely.

This poll closes on 15/7.

Any questions, leave them below. Anything I've missed, please shout at me below :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think I can take a crack at it, feel free to correct me anyone if I miss anything: (note that all the PS1 stuff is probably also available on PS3 or PS4, and that obviously anything is available on PC if you want it bad enough :P)

• Chrono Trigger: SNES/PS1/DS/Mobile/Steam
  • Deltarune: Steam: Switch/PS4/Steam
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution: PS3/360/Steam
  • Dirge of Cerberus: PS2
  • Final Fantasy IV: SNES/PS1/GBA/DS/PSP/Mobile/Steam
  • Final Fantasy VI: SNES/PS1/GBA/Mobile:sickmonster:/Steam
  • The Last of Us: PS3/PS4
  • Mankind Divided: PS4/Xbone/Steam
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: PS3/360/Steam
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: PS2/PS3/Xbox/360/Vita/PC
  • Octopath Traveler: Switch/Steam
  • Tomb Raider: PS3/PS4/360/Xbone/Steam
  • Undertale: Switch/PS4/Xbone/Steam
  • Vagrant Story: PS1
  • The World Ends With You: DS/Switch/Mobile
  • Xenosaga Episode 1: PS2

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Given that FFIX just celebrated it's 20th anniversary, I'm surprised it's not on the list. Thought a community playthrough like this would've been a nice way to mark the occasion. But I guess there's only room for so many options on the list. Another time, maybe.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I cast my vote for Chrono Trigger and MGS2, simply ‘cause they’re both solid and two of my favorites (and everyone else’s, I know, lol)
The stories have a lot of twists - CT has a lot of optional content that affects the game route, and MGS2 is just a mind bender from start to finish. With some great stealth and bosses along the way, of course.

As for the runners up?
MGR:R had some of the best gameplay in any game I’ve played - to the point where it’s my favorite Platinum game. But I think a game that’s good for a group playthrough should have both really good gameplay and a story that has lots of discussion potential, and MGR only has one of those. If I were basing my vote off of gameplay alone, MGR would’ve gotten it. Its story is serviceable and fun, but there’s not a lot to discuss with it, I feel.

In retrospect, maybe I should’ve voted for TWEWY. The game always appealed to me when I was young for its innovative systems, but I never got it. After looking for it in game stores for years, I finally picked it up just before COVID struck. I haven’t gotten very far in it, so it would’ve been a good chance to play it with everyone else.

Also agreed that IX would’ve been a good option.

Jairus

Aww yeah shame you didn't nominate it while that thread was open last week ?
I didn't see the nomination thread until today, sorry. Sure you can't add it to the list? An anniversary like this doesn't come around very often, after all. But I guess I understand if you can't.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Ooh thanks for sharing @Prism ! I'm so excited to see what wins!

@Jairus Yeah I'm afraid not! We'd have to restart this poll and that's not fair on everyone who's voted so far! Keep an eye out the next time we run a playthrough and you can nominate it then!

Jairus

Fair enough. Will there be another one this year? That could still work for an FFIX anniversary celebration if there is.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
@Jairus Maybe! It depends a lot on which game wins this time and how long that takes to play through. And then it depends on how much time I personally have. We'll see. I think all the games that did get nominated sound super fun anyway so I'm excited for this playthrough!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
When we say Tomb Raider, are we talking about the original or 2013? Because I actually just got 2013 for 3 bucks.
Even without that, this is gonna be a really hard choice. :P

Top Bottom