Community Playthrough (SUMMER 2018) - 1st (and possibly last??) Voting Round.

Which game(s) should the community play this summer?

• Birth by Sleep

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Blood Omen 2

• Borderlands

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Borderlands 2

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Chrono Cross

• Chrono Trigger

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dragon Age Origins

• Dragon Age 2

• Drakengard 3

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

• Final Fantasy XIII-2

• Final Fantasy XIV

• Final Fantasy: Crisis Core

• Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus

• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

• Kingdom Hearts

• Kingdom Hearts II

• Last of Us

• Legacy of Kain: Defiance

• Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

• Mass Effect

• Mass Effect 2

• Mass Effect 3

• Metal Gear Rising

• Nier

• Persona 4 Golden

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Persona 5

• Re:COM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil 2

• Secret of Mana

• Soul Reaver 2

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

• Suikoden II

• Super Mario RPG

• Tales of Xilia

• Thief

• Tomb Raider (2013)

• Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings

• Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• Xenogears

• Xenosaga

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The rules are simple enough! Vote for the games that you’d be most interested in playing for the summer in June (or possibly earlier, depending on folks’ mood). Feel more than free to ‘campaign’ for the games you want to win in this thread. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh, and I’m not telling you that you need to be selective when voting, but it would be really cool if you were selective when voting. :rudeball:

List of Potential Hosts*
  • Carlie - Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2
  • Clement Rage - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, SR2, Blood Omen 2, LoK: Defiance, FF: Dirge of Cerberus
  • Fancy - Borderlands, Borderlands 2
  • ForceStealer - Tales of Xilia, Xenosaga
  • Joe - Mass Effect, ME2, ME3
  • Minato - Soul Reaver, Blood Omen 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  • Obsidian Fire - Can help host alongside someone else! Note that anyone can download a free trial level up to lvl 35 for free, so you don’t have to worry about paying for a subscription just yet!
  • Omega - Chrono Cross, Xenosaga

*Please note that it still isn’t too late to volunteer as one should you feel up for it. d(^^o) Oh, and correct me, potential hosts, if I’ve overlooked a game you volunteered to host (or added one that you didn’t)!

I think that pretty much covers it. Happy voting!!
fuck-yeah-its-friday-glow-sticks-dance.gif

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'd be happy to host any/all of the Mass Effect playthroughs, thinking about it. ^_^

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
TOO MUCH CHOICE! :mindblown:

My brother's been hitting the Secret of Mana remake and I'm happy to report that apart from the voice acting being cringingly shit, it's remarkably faithful to the original.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Happy to host any LOK except Blood Omen 1 or Dirge.

SR2 and Defiance, much as I love em, aren't easy to get into if you don't already know the lore.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
If we do FFXIV I'd be happy to help with hosting parts of it. Probably not the whole thing, but I'd certainly be interested in helping flesh out where chapter devisions are/questions to be asked, etc.

FFXIV PSA: You can play up to Lvl 35 for free. So there's no reason people have to commit to subbing for it right away.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
omg seeing how tight this race is already is giving me heart palpitations

i know it hasn't even been a day yet, but

giphy.gif

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
the evershifting lead game
tenor.gif

Anyway.

WE HAVE ONE MORE WEEK FOR VOTING, FOLKS

If you haven’t voted, VOTE.

If you have voted (thank you!) but know someone who hasn’t, KINDLY REMIND THEM.

Cuz if you don’t vote, you lose the right to complain when and if the game you wanted to win doesn’t get picked. :sadpanda: But if you do vote, then you get to bitch all you want. :monster:

So just go ahead n do it n shit :awesomonster: Thanks!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
the evershifting lead game
tenor.gif

Anyway.

WE HAVE ONE MORE WEEK FOR VOTING, FOLKS

If you haven’t voted, VOTE.

If you have voted (thank you!) but know someone who hasn’t, KINDLY REMIND THEM.

Cuz if you don’t vote, you lose the right to complain when and if the game you wanted to win doesn’t get picked. :sadpanda: But if you do vote, then you get to bitch all you want. :monster:

So just go ahead n do it n shit :awesomonster: Thanks!

What outcome does there need to be to warrant another round of voting

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^A tie between two or more titles or several severely written letters of complaint!!

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
D’aaaawwwwwwww, you know me so well! That would also probably sway me :3 Even more so than the death threats severe letters! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
D’aaaawwwwwwww, you know me so well! That would also probably sway me :3 Even more so than the death threats severe letters! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What about bribes? Are bribes better than nicely written complaints?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^I’m pretty resigned to the fact as I’ve already started writing up the playthrough post lmao. Began to stress but aaahhhh this is gonna be awesome.

Or not! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SEVEN MORE DAYS ಠ_ಠ

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I love how the *almost* joke entry is winning this.

On the other hand, being able to potentially play together on Steam will be awesome.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Dear Fancy,

I would like to file a heartfelt complaint concerning the potential fasttracking of Borderlands 2's victory in the bid for which game will be selected for our community playthrough in the summer of 2018.
At the time of writing Borderlands 2 has the lead but possesses less than half of the votes. The rest are divided over no less than 44 other contestants. It is entirely possible that, if it were a choice between the two top contestants, Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XII, more then half of the board would be in favor of choosing Final Fantasy XII.
In fact, given that in this poll it was an option to vote for more than a single contestant it is still possible that Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy XII votes overlap quite a bit and more than half of our voting pool in fact favors a third game over what appear to be our top runners in such a thinly spread field.
So, I implore you to reconsider making a judgement on whom should be the subject of our community playthrough on this poll alone, and simply to treat it as our first of at least two rounds, the second one having a much narrower pool and not giving voters the option to vote for multiple games.

Respectfully yours,

Minato

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Well, damn! Either way, I was thinking XII and Borderlands 2 were going to be our games for this year, BL2 for the summer and XII for the winter. But after reading this lovely letter well, I think I’ll reconsider! Starting a poll soon would also keep things kinda within the fortnight time constraint I had put on myself.

So what everyone think? Take all the games with 7 votes and above and do another round with no option to pick multiples?

Thanks so much Sexu Potatu Husbu Minato!!:megusta:

Last edited:

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Whichever we go with I'm just voting Borderlands 2 again, should it come to a next round, so no opinion here.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What she said ^

Really looking forward to playing through Borderlands 2 with you guys in our own ragtag groups. If it doesn't win I'll organise my own damn playthrough! with blackjack and hookers

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
As long as I get to be Maya playing the role of Healer, I’m fine. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Right, so of course folks can keep the discussion going but for now I’m thinking, “7+ Poll” tomorrow around 0800 EST or 1200 GMT. Sooooooo 18ish hours for my mind to change or sommat lmao. Cool! Yay! Out letter-write Minato if you dare. :P

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
The worst bit about that letter is that you can almost hear him so politely saying it, and it makes perfect sense and it's one of those moments where you think 'how is he not a mod?'

DAMN YOUR LOGIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom