• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Crash Bandicoot (Series)

Lex

Administrator
I get what you're saying, I have a bit of an issue with his jump animation (the weird delayed somersault he does is just... weird). I'll still be getting this of course, I'm just not sure how it's going to "feel" to play. Movement just looks a bit awkward.

They've definitely improved the colour scheme and stuff from the original trailer though, it pops a lot more.

Lex

Administrator
Playable Coco has been confirmed by the leaked trophy list, this is possibly in every level. The trophy is "defeat 5 enemies with coco's spin" so it's not referring to the animal levels in Warped.

Crash is the best ever. I have been playing Crash 1-3 so many times. Its up there with Spyro on PS1, just an overall nice and fun experience for everyone.

Lex

Administrator
maxresdefault.jpg

my body is so ready

RedFFWolf

Donator
I'm hoping this Trilogy gets me into Crash 3, properly. After playing Crash 2, earlier this year, I moved onto Crash 3. But, like the last time, I couldn't enjoy it much, not even the regular (on land, non-vehicular) platforming levels (and on that previous occasion I hadn't played any Crash game for a few years, so I had been looking forward to it).

I reckon this remaster could manage that, though. A breath of fresh air into the same format might just be the key. Really looking forward to playing all of it (and I had only played the first two games again in the last few months) :)

Will almost definitely add Crash Bandicoot NSane to my collection when I get a PS4.

I can't say I'm particularly hyped about the updated visuals. Watching the comparisons between PS1 and PS4, my eyes are still drawn towards the stronger color contrasts of the PS1. There is just something appealing about the simpler, cartoony nature of that era.

But I still look forward to experiencing Crash Bandicoot in a new-old way.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Reviews are coming through and it's pretty much all 8+'s out of 10's.

Except for Gamespot because the reviewer clearly didn't play the originals and gave it a 6.

Enemies rarely react to you, preferring instead to follow pre-determined paths and animation loops. And many obstacles are needlessly discouraging; Razor-thin tolerances for success and one-hit deaths make for a frustrating pairing..

"This game is bad because it maintains classic mechanics of the franchise."

What a dumbass.

Lex

Administrator
I was pleased to see the vast majority of reviews are very positive in the GAF review thread. I've watched a fair bit of footage of the game and I'm less pleased about the load times, but the gameplay looks completely solid so I have very few complaints going in.

So looking forward to finishing work tomorrow <3

Lex

Administrator
Playing this nao

Crash 1 is made infinitely better by the fact that you can save whenever you like, and all the bonus stages have warps (when you pick up all 3 in a level, it opens a warp at the last token, if you die you respawn at the warp without losing any lives and can immediately try again). The same goes not just for the regular bonus levels, but for the "other" challenging ones too. Just did the N.Brio bonus stage in rolling stones, took me four attempts.

It's still Crash 1, the movement is sharper in that Crash no longer does that thing where he shifts forward slightly where you jump so it allows for much more precise platforming, but I'm still playing it like Crash 1 so it's taking a little getting used to :D

Far superior. Even did a couple of time trials and played as Coco <3

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Playing this nao

Crash 1 is made infinitely better by the fact that you can save whenever you like, and all the bonus stages have warps (when you pick up all 3 in a level, it opens a warp at the last token, if you die you respawn at the warp without losing any lives and can immediately try again). The same goes not just for the regular bonus levels, but for the "other" challenging ones too. Just did the N.Brio bonus stage in rolling stones, took me four attempts.

It's still Crash 1, the movement is sharper in that Crash no longer does that thing where he shifts forward slightly where you jump so it allows for much more precise platforming, but I'm still playing it like Crash 1 so it's taking a little getting used to :D

Far superior. Even did a couple of time trials and played as Coco <3

So, your childhood is made even better.

Lex

Administrator
I am very upset by this bug I just encountered

DDlx9yyXUAA4SHI.jpg:large

;-;

EDIT: Ah it's not a bug, you're not allowed to die apparently. Idk how that works, I'm sure I died on other stages where I've grabbed the gem. Could just be for the coloured gems.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^I remember the original first game being like that. I died in a level early on before getting a checkpoint, so I assumed it was okay to just go on from the start straight afterwards. I got all the boxes but then returned to the map afterwards, missing out on the gem.

So, I guess that's just extra kudos for being so similar to the original, but a touch more callous as it tells you at the end you got them all but you just weren't perfect enough :lol:

I'm about to play this game in a few minutes. I've had a splitting headache all day, and it's cleared up now - you'd swear the body knew what was coming up today :D

Lex

Administrator
They let you keep boxes if you die in this version of Crash 1 btw (thankfully!), it's only the coloured gems you're not allowed to "get" even with all the boxes unless you don't die in the level. You're allowed to die in the bonus stages and levels with a clear gem :). Some mercy at least!

Can I just emphasise that I got the platinum relic on my first attempt in Whole Hog!?!?

Makes up for that one box I missed in Sunset Vista :closedmonster:

now to go back in and get it

Top Bottom