Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

waw

Pro Adventurer
Dirge needs a complete overhaul... Not just a remake.
I know this is probably the majority opinion, but I didn't think it was that bad, honestly. Watching the Reunion trailer closely, it seems they smoothed out the gameplay. I would expect the same for Dirge.

That said? I'd propably honestly prefer Dirge Remastered to just be a Rebirth DLC covering that same story, area, etc. The Remake gameplay is top notch and I could use more of that XD

In other news, Audrey has a tweet out of course saying that the CCR Japanese website says this game is more than a remaster, it's evolved beyond that. What do you all take that to mean? Are we getting new content? Is it changing the ending? I think it's at least likely a complete game or hardmode ending gives us more of the Remake ending.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I feel like people are reading too much into the "more than an HD Remaster" line

A lot of "remasters" are cheap upscales with minimum effort. Including some of Square Enix's, like FFVIII (look, we changed the characters to look less like their artwork/CG models! Yeah alright, cool)
In comparison, this one remade all the assets and lighting and modified the gameplay and animations. This is clearly on the higher end of HD remasters. It's not a full remake since it still has the skeleton of the original underneath it all but it's not a garden variety remaster either.

They might change the post credits scene to literally be the same FMV from Remake or something but I don't expect any major additions or changes or unlockable bonus endings or hints towards anything to do with Rebirth.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I don't expect any major additions or changes or unlockable bonus endings or hints towards anything to do with Rebirth.
Can I ask why? I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, but there's something I find odd about Nomura et al now.

Remake was billed as well... a remake, with vague hints that there was something more to it. They didn't tell us "Hey, we're giving you so much of the original, but we've added in a bunch of new story elements to change stuff up and surprise players with whispers, hints at time travel, and more!" I feel like this is very similar to that same sort of marketing.

It's sort of a "There's no wa Benedict Cumberbatch isn Khan in the new Star Trek movie!" Yeah... we've had enough of "this actor isn't that character" in recent years, everyone knew it was bogus. Then lo and behold, fans were right.

And I'm not saying for sure they're going to change anything, but I'm just curious what makes you and others so sure there won't be greater Remake connections here? I feel like they're hinting the same way.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
At this point I don't see anything that would point to this being anything other than a port with a major graphical overhaul and gameply tweaks. I'm not gonna expect anything crazier than that when what they're doing is already plenty.
It's also different than Remake which was always marketed as a reimagining.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, like, I don't even think there's any part of CC where even Gackt could provide new lines. All the lines Genesis had were voice acted.

Hell, none of the Genesis Copies even spoke. :monster:

So while he's credited... I don't know if he'd even have to provide new vocal talent. Unless they added new scenes which I find doubtful. They'd have advertised that and given like, a picture or something of it.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Basically, I'm just looking forward to the new textures and environments in the Shinra building, Kunsel's face reveal (it's about time goddamit), hopefully more sidequests and additional scenes with Zack's allies. Other than that, I can only imagine they might tweak the mission system quite a bit, and maybe (maaaaaybe pretty please???) retcon the retcon back to canon? I mean the scene with Sephiroth and Genesis in the Nibelheim reactor, of course.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i feel like if there were to be new content, it would have been announced with the reveal in the trailer or press. keeping something major like that secret when the game itself is scheduled for release in a relatively short time from now seems like an odd choice.

i'd lean towards the 'more than a simple remaster' thing referring to the level of work put into the updates. the only comparisons i can think of (psp game ported to current gen consoles) are the recently announced persona 3 portable and final fantasy type-0 hd from a few years back. p3p honestly just seems lazy so far (poorly ai-upscaled textures, using a graphically inferior version as a base). type-0 was more in the vein of the ffviii remaster, where some models for the main characters were remade but the majority of models and textures were just a higher resolution than the psp original and that's it. the cc port/remaster already seems to have done more than that already (probably helped by being able to reuse some stuff from ff7r).

although type-0 hd did have a minor story addition in the form of a new cg scene implying a possible sequel that hasn't materialised yet, so maybe there's some hope for something like a new scene tying in to the other games i guess.

Limestone

Rookie Adventurer
I expect it to just be a being a very good remaster with a couple updated gameplay mechanics and more spoken lines. Maybe we'll get a little extra content, or an unlockable ending that ties into the Remake trilogy. If there is extra stuff it'll will probably be pretty simple, anyway. Maybe they'll name Nibelheim residents to coincide with Traces of Two Pasts or something.

I wonder if they will use mako addiction or mako poisoning in the English version. Also, will they keep ponytail Tseng? Even his unused younger design in Remake didn't have it, but it's a minor point in CC and BC. It's a small thing but I always kinda liked it.

I am fully expecting a Dirge of Cerberus remaster in the coming years now, too. I'm putting my money on it being labeled Redemption. I can still hear Gackt singing it.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I don't expect much extra content, but stuff like, extra data logs and a new secret ending, is pretty standard for SE.

I'm still bothered that Remake used adult Tseng for a scene where he's 15, despite having a young model in the game files.
It's such a weird decision.

Limestone

Rookie Adventurer
There's actually a short scene in the epilogue of Before Crisis where he lets his hair down, shortly before the events of the OG. I marked the timestamp.
Yeah that was the minor point I was alluding to. In Remake, young Tseng uses present Tseng's model so we don't get ponytail Tseng. But even the unused younger design doesn't keep it, so I was wondering if they scrapped it.

Maybe CC Reunion will also fix that scene near the end of the game where they don't update Tseng's in-game model while the prerendered cutscene has him with his hair down.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Just hit me that all the legendary memes from Crisis Core are not only going to be remastered in HD with better graphics, but also new, and arguably better voice acting.

"ME? GONGAGA!"

"No way... He just ate my hair."

"AND DO WHAAAAAAT?????"

"Angeal! I love you man!!!"

"Uh-huh. And? And-and-and-and?"

LMFAO holy shit this gonna be stupidly awesome. It's so... endearingly anime.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Maybe better for anything Angeal says, I remain firmly unconvinced about Zack's new voice.

I agree with you about Zack's new voice wholeheartedly. Plus, voice cast directors almost always seem to pick the worst kind of replacements that never sound the same as the original voices of pretty much anything. Or even sound close enough to make them sound decent.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm doing the usual rounds of reaction videos and it's killing me how many people don't seem to recognise the voices have been re-done? Literally watched 3 videos today where they blatantly said "and it's the original VA too!"

Wat

My guess would be that none of them realize that the voice cast has changed and that's why they're confused over the differences.

Top Bottom