Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Controversial(?) question: Do people think that the ending of Crisis Core Reunion will reflect Remake's version? Where Zack lives? Or will they stick to the original's ending?

Here's where I'm at. I'm still a believer of multiple timelines. Considering there's no dome of Whispers over Midgar in Crisis Core Reunion (along with other visual differences from Remake's version of the scene), I think it'll take place directly before Remake in the "Beagle" timeline.

Meaning Zack will die at the end of Crisis Core Reunion. The scenes we see at the end of Remake and in Rebirth's trailer are of "Terrier" Zack happening in a parallel timeline. This Zack will play a huge role moving forward.

ffviir-timeline-powerpoint.JPG

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It'll definitely just be Crisis Core as we know it. This is more of a super-enhanced port so I don't think they're gonna do any crazy story changes to reflect Remake ending stuff. Despite the newly recorded VAs, it seems even the script/localization is 1:1

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think alive!Zack in the Remake will likely end up having to return to his original fate by the end of however his plot line is resolved in the Remake project. So I doubt Crisis Core Reunion will have any reference to Zack surviving (in addition to the more pragmatic reasons mentioned above).

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
It'll definitely just be Crisis Core as we know it. This is more of a super-enhanced port so I don't think they're gonna do any crazy story changes to reflect Remake ending stuff. Despite the newly recorded VAs, it seems even the script/localization is 1:1
This, for the time being I’m not treating this as any more relevant to Remake as I would a 4K remaster of AC otherwise I feel like they would have counted CCR as part of the Remake trilogy somewhere

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Controversial(?) question: Do people think that the ending of Crisis Core Reunion will reflect Remake's version? Where Zack lives? Or will they stick to the original's ending?
Reunion is effectively Remake Part 0, so it's before the changes made in Remake anyway. Also, as I showed, they're reusing OG Crisis Core's CG assets. So probably no new CG cutscenes.

I'd be curious to see if stamp appears in it at all.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm so glad the combat is being revamped. That was the weakest part of the original for me. I can even see Zack using some of Cloud's Remake animations when fighting. That's a nice connection!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What?

The combat and combos Zack's using in the trailer are lifted straight out of CC, I'm not sure what you mean.

The only move Zack uses that Cloud does is Meteor Shots.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't know the english cast very well but i could tell zack was different. do the other cc-specific actors sound the same? i thought genesis might be but i'm not familiar enough to discern

does fully voiced mean all the npc dialogue will get voiced, and if so please support me in by letter writing campaign to get square to cast me as an npc in the japanese version. let me fulfil my dream of voicing some random townsperson in japanese

curious about what the japanese version will do, since the remake didn't do recasts like the english one and kept the legacy cast. will it use the original audio or rerecord it. i could see hojo being redone since his actor changed from cc to 7r after the original actor's death, and this will be the first ff7 release since kenji fujiwara passed away in 2020.

really surprised by this announcement and i'm kinda hyped by it. but also conflicted because i would pick the ps5 version, but am also tempted by the switch one to relive the experience of playing the original

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
This, for the time being I’m not treating this as any more relevant to Remake as I would a 4K remaster of AC otherwise I feel like they would have counted CCR as part of the Remake trilogy somewhere
Well they gave it a "Re" subtitle and bothered to Re:dub the game with Remake voice actors. There's obviously a lot more opportunities for them to change things than in a movie upscale.

I'm hoping they stick to the original at least until after the credits.

curious about what the japanese version will do, since the remake didn't do recasts like the english one and kept the legacy cast. will it use the original audio or rerecord it.
At the very least the first line of the Japanese trailer is the same recording as the original.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so judging from the screen shot in this thread, 7r used '[pride] as a soldier' for angeal's little motto but the trailer sounded like zack said 'as soldier'

but if they redid the performances, why not just... add that 'a' in and make it match. (unless i was just mishearing)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why does it feel like they're purposefully hiding Sephiroth's midsection to obscure if he has the one-winged angel belt or not here...?

I don't think he has it, but I can't be too sure.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Crazy that they re-recorded the dialogue. Remake voice actors!

Now Cloud might actually sound like his age!

Okay, I love the idea that they're finally remastering Crisis Core...but do they really have to change the voice actors just to fit the Remake storyline? Next they'll erase all of the voice actors from Advent Children and do the same for a remaster of Dirge of Cerberus and it'll be like the original English voice cast were never there to begin with.

I'm sorry, but that's a major downside for me. It's the scenario with the Sailor Moon 90's anime all over again.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Okay, I love the idea that they're finally remastering Crisis Core...but do they really have to change the voice actors just to fit the Remake storyline? Next they'll erase all of the voice actors from Advent Children and do the same for a remaster of Dirge of Cerberus and it'll be like the original English voice cast were never there to begin with.

fetchimage

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
...Yeah, um, sorry about my rant. It's just I really like the original English cast of the media, and I'm completely crazy and don't like it when it comes to re-dubbing dialogue with new actors like the previous ones never existed. That just takes away all of their hard work and effort into voicing the characters. But that's just me.:(

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Fingers crossed for dual audio release because one of my biggest disappointment about Crisis Core's release was that it was in ENG (though, given the limitations of the PSP and UMD at the time, understandable)

GIB ME MORE SUZUMURA AND SAKURAI NAO

Also, I guess this gives me the incentive to finish my complete playthrough of Crisis Core this year.

Top Bottom