Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I just hope that rumor about Zack’s new English VA belonging to a church that supports conversion therapy isn’t true. I’ve seen claims that the rumor was debunked, but then I saw other claims saying the debunk was debunked.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i mean, i had to see him making this face and i don't know if you can atone for a crime this grave

q1kmPSH.jpeg

(while looking for that image i googled him and 'church' and there seems to be another caleb pierce who is some sort of religious author/influencer? so maybe he's the one with the dodgy church)

(also found out that the japanese title for fairly oddparents is 'oops! fairy/fairly parents' and i just found it funny they added 'oops!' to the title)

(finding out the japanese voice for wanda is lulu from ffx and it's blowing my mind)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
None of the voice actors were replaced in Japanese, so of course Gackt would remain lol

An interesting observation. The devs are straight up are memory holing the gold hilt Buster Sword.

I'm so fucking glad I got the Zack PAK, because even if they rereleased it, chances are they'd fucking deny it having the gold hilt! LMAO damn.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
This version is fully voiced, so you can assume Gackt had to record new lines for dialogue that was only text before.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Does...does this mean that Gackt has recovered and is out of hiatus? Last I heard, he went overseas for medical treatment.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well, he said he was getting better and I suppose it's not nearly as intensive doing voice work, compared to singing/touring/etc.

I'm wondering what new lines he'd have in CC though. Was there any dialogue that was... Not voiced? Genesis mostly appeared in cutscenes which were already voiced in CC.

I know Sephiroth for example had several text only lines and DMW scenes, but Genesis? All of his moments were cutscenes. FMV or in-game.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
If that's the case, then I guess this means that the remake won't be adding in any new Genesis scenes;;

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Considering there are no scenes where you interact with him as an NPC nor does he have any DMW scenes with dialogue or anything, I'm pretty sure he doesn't. He's just cutscene dialogue.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Ah, it's been a while since I last replayed Crisis Core...I was kinda hoping for more Seph/Angeal/Genesis scenes about their friendship in the remake, cause the only scene I really remember is their fight on top of Junon Cannon in the simulation room.

It would feel pretty imbalanced if Angeal got new scenes and lines and Genesis didn't.

Speaking of new lines, I'm excited to see what new animations and movesets the bosses are gonna have. Angeal Penance better pose a real threat to me this time around, he just made it too easy for Zack to spam dodge rolls and stab his ass with a sword.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
are they not going to use genesis’ surname in japanese media again? (can’t remember if stuff like the ultimania or complete guide mentioned it, my recollection is that it appeared in maybe a couple of magazine articles then was never used again)

will they add that name they gave lazard to the japanese version

who will do little baby yuffie’s voice, current actress or a new child actor

why do i suddenly want a red coat

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
First thing first: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :aah:

Well, I think we can unanimously agree that Zack absolutely stole the show this time around.

I hope SE will have improved the models and the lighting by the release date. Everyone looks rather pale and mako intoxicated right now LOL. Angeal in particular displays too much wear, tear and rust on his face for a 25 y.o.. Lazard looks angular and sports green hair. Etc etc.

I said this elsewhere on the forum, but Zack's new En VA sounds a lot more similar to his Jp VA, which is a change I'm personally very pleased to hear. I also welcome the idea of maintaining the continuity. Wonder if Gackt re-voiced himself or they just re-used his lines from the 2000s. Let's wait and see!

I'm also dying to know if the story has been expanded now that SE's hands aren't that tied (more Zakkura and Zerith interactions, meaningful quests and missions). If not... nvm, it's already going to be a feast.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
The gold hilt looks way cooler than the riveted box hilt IMO
I like the gold hilt more now precisely because it's being denied and removed :awesome:

Yeah, the gold hilt on the Buster Sword makes it even more cool than it's original design. It gives out a new meaning and better origins on where it actually came from before Cloud wielded it. But out of all of the swords in Crisis Core, I like Genesis' since it looks stunning and that he can use his Materia magic or whatever into it makes it even more awesome.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They changed the Buster Sword but Sephiroth's coat and pauldrons still look the same despite being changed in-game. Sloppeh!
Sloppeh is right, impressed that they put it out there with different character models in wildly different stages of development.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Square always does this. The FFVIII HD Remaster is awful because they replace the original low-poly/res FFVIII models that resemble the FMV models with high-poly/res FFVIII models that don't look at all like the FMV models. The same applies to FFX-- if you're going to "remaster" it and give them new faces, why not aim closer to their FMV faces given it's the one thing you can't change?

In Crisis Core's case they should just ditch the FMVs and remake them, in-engine or otherwise. Every Remake model looks different.

Are the FMVs re-rendered or did they do some post-wizardry to change the Buster Sword? If they're actually re-rendered I'm even more disappointed.

Top Bottom