DC Movies line-up revealed: Wonder Woman solo and more!

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
REPORT: DC TO UNVEIL HUGELY AMBITIOUS MOVIE PLANS THROUGH 2018 AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON, INCLUDING ‘WONDER WOMAN’
By Matt D. Wilson
We all know that Marvel Studios has its movies planned out through 2028 (not an exaggeration, a real date 14 years in the future), but what about DC Entertainment? All we’ve heard so far is a set date for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (May 2016, pushed back from summer 2015) and some nebulous stuff about a Justice League movie, a Justice League Dark movie and some other projects.

Well, according to entertainment reporter Nikki Finke’s website, things may get a whole lot clearer at Comic-Con International in San Diego. Finke has what she says is DC and Warner Bros.’ movie schedule (though “a lot is in flux”) through May 2018.

And it includes a solo Wonder Woman movie.

May 2016 – Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
July 2016 – Shazam
Christmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Christmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
Read more here: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-entert...der-woman-movie-schedule-comic-con-san-diego/

Okay I'm so happy, I'm not expecting much on quality as long as there's a Wonder Woman film it's already a milestone :awesome:

Dwayne Johnson confirmed he'll have a role as a DC character never been portrayed before, I hope it's Shazam/Captain Marvel but it's also rumored he might be Black Adam.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Glad there's finally going to be a Wonder Woman film. Let's hope it doesn't suck.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

Yeah the Green Lantern film is a disaster, but Man of Steel isn't really bad. I'm not having high expectations but the Bats vs Supes movie be a predictor of the future

But Wonder Woman makes me happy, I hope they do her justice because if the film's unsuccessful they're might say the same BS that female leads don't sell

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I forgot all about Captain Marvel. The Rock as Black Adam is indeed very likely, as they were going to cast him when they were planning a Shazam movie before.

I'm still wondering if they will recast Flash for the movie, or use the guy from the tv series. But who knows,
by then he could be Wally.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I don't have any delusions about Wonder Woman being a success based solely on who they cast in the role. Hint: it is analogous to casting Tom Hardy as Bane or Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. (which were awful decisions)

Similarly, half the damn Justice League is showing up in the Batman vs Superman movie, the title of which is also interesting because it's a Superman movie, yet he can't even get top billing.

Sandman, on the other hand, is very intriguing.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Similarly, half the damn Justice League is showing up in the Batman vs Superman movie, the title of which is also interesting because it's a Superman movie

Well no, it's not. :monster:

It's a Batman/Superman team-up movie, not the proper Man of Steel sequel. May have started out like that but it's obviously not a Superman movie anymore.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I don't have any delusions about Wonder Woman being a success based solely on who they cast in the role. Hint: it is analogous to casting Tom Hardy as Bane or Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. (which were awful decisions)

Similarly, half the damn Justice League is showing up in the Batman vs Superman movie, the title of which is also interesting because it's a Superman movie, yet he can't even get top billing.

Sandman, on the other hand, is very intriguing.

Why no faith in Gal Gadot?

Admittedly im biased pretty hardcore since she is easily my favorite FF character lol.

But i dont see it as that awful of a casting pick to be totally honest.

She's not exactly short so with a few camera tricks it can be made to make her just as tall as supes/batman , she has a military background and due to her size she can only get bigger :monster: Not to mention depending on artist she isnt at all that far off from being relatively the same size as Wonder Woman.

Her acting chops aren't that awful either, and in any case it could be argued that the FF franchise probably didnt have the best script treatment/directors to really bring out her acting anyway.

Im definitely cautiously optimistic but I've never seen her casting as WW as a death nail that so many people see it as. Lets give her a chance :D

I mean back in the day when we were younger and given their acting careers up to that point would we have had much faith in Clooney as Bruce Wayne (an insanely good BW :D) or Keeton ect? These two were insanely good to portray BW but given there acting chops at that time I could totally see comic fans at the time being incredibly pessimistic.

I think the biggest problems with the upcoming DC films are two fold and they dont have much at all to do with casting choices.

1) They let Green Lantern happen. This movie was originally intended to be the beginning point of there cinematic universe and was basically the most important DC movie they could make at the time.

Did no one fucking read it? lol. Such an insanely important movie and they let the GL movie we saw get released? =/ That's scary. It means theres no one at WB to tell them when to stop. A lot like Lucas and Star Wars sequels.

The reason the original trilogy was legendary is because Lucas was not paying out of pocket and there were passionate people around him to be a bottleneck for his ideas and to only let the great ones out.

The second time around he paid out of pocket and anything went :monster:

That said for all its faults I think Ryan Reynolds actually wasnt an awful Hal Jordan. I was expecting much much worse out of him to be honest and he pleasantly surprised me. That and Oa was rendered absolutely beautifully..

Who ever they casted as Sinestro was ridiculously perfect as well lol.

2) They have to much faith in David S. Goyer because he was involved in the Dark Knight. Even the man said his work was very limited in the movie and the Nolans finished up what ever he started.

This mans dialogue work is awful. All of the bad dialogue sequences in MoS are classic DSG problems that go all the way back to Blade.
He's a great idea man but his writing style is incredibly flawed and makes for a very weak script. Hopefully Ben Affleck can fix what ever treatments DSG hands in.

2.5) They not only believe a Sandman film is possible (spoiler, its not) they believe DSG has the chops to write it. So unfortunately they gave probably the hardest project in their entire license library to possibly the weakest writer in the comic-movie field :sadpanda:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
At this point of time, Wonder Woman is the only one that seems even remotely interesting tbh.

I have trouble seeing DC competing with Marvel when it comes to capeshit on screen.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I have very low expectations for this, but am genuinely excited about a "Wonder Woman" movie. And, well, I'll watch anything with The Rock, so "Shazam" may be worth seeing.

I don't think a Justice League movie is going to go well, though, at least not based on that schedule. There's not enough set-up for it there (compare to the five movies that preceded "The Avengers") with just four movies, one of which includes a character audiences who aren't already familiar with the source material will find too similar to Supes (Captain Marvel) and another who has no business being there (Sandman/Morpheus).

Granted, they could be planning to use the Wesley Dodds Sandman with the gas mask and sleepy gun, making him the JL's Hawkeye of sorts, but I doubt they will go with the character less associated with the title.

Nothing about DCs previous movies makes me think they have any clue what they're doing, so I honestly don't really care. They lucked out by getting Nolan, and nothing I've seen hints that they have actually learned anything about how to make a good super-hero movie.
Every one has failed (at least in being a good movie, not sure about box office) aside from Nolans batmans and man of steel (which is pretty split on reception anyway). So I'm not sure why they want me to get excited if they're just gonna shovel out the same crap.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
*Nolan's Batmans, excepting TDKR which was an utter catastrophe of a film

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
resized_boulder-conflicted-meme-generator-the-boulder-feels-conflicted-fce497.jpg

I think The Rock is perfect for BOTH Shazam and Black Adam, the former because of his charm and appeal and the latter with his looks and ability to play serious characters.

It's a shame he can't do both... :awesome:

Nice manip
original.jpg

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I'm really interested on how they would address the problematic trope where dark enemy has dark skin and the captain of justice a white person. I mean, they can make him a very engaging anti-villain that attracts fans like Loki and I hope they will.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Aw come one I feel alone being a DC fan here, nobody's talking on how they revealed their OFFICIAL line-up :

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
Suicide Squad directed by David Ayer (2016)
Wonder Woman starring Gal Gadot (2017)
Justice League Part One directed by Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
The Flash starring Ezra Miller (2018)
Aquaman starring Jason Momoa (2018)
Shazam (2019)
Justice League Part Two directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
Cyborg starring Ray Fisher (2020)
Green Lantern (2020)
+ Superman and Batman solo films

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-movies-3-lego-movies-and-100086434652.html

Of course I'm pleased with the WW movie and I'm happy to see a Suicide Squad film and AQUAMOMOA YEAAAAAHHHH. I'm not expecting Cap 2 quality but I'll be happy if they can improve MoS and keep that quality all throughout. Chris Terrio who wrote the award-winning screenplay or Argo will write Batman vs Superman and I'm optimistic.

I'm not sure what to feel about Ezra Miller's Flash since Grant Gustin is already my Flash but maybe they will make him Wally or Bart let's see. Cyborg is quite a surprise but I'm nervous on that film because if they screw it up it'll be bad for black representation. The last DC superhero films with black leads are Catwoman and Steel and you know how they turned out.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Nope, Ezra Miller is playing Barry Allen. I'm really liking Grant as Barry so far but using him in the movie universe would mean having to crossover with the t.v. universe and they clearly don't want to do that.

Top Bottom